• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Gen 3 can't suck because it has Sceptile and he's badass

Grendl2.png

Looks... a bit... cuddly to me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sceptile, probably the most disappointing end to an awesome looking starter line, after maybe samurott. /me grabs flame sword

It's more of Grovyle looking better than Sceptile than Sceptile being ugly really.

But I shall throw salt at you for saying Samurott's name in vain.

I think the issue is that Grass starters usually get shafted when it comes to their back sprites. Sceptile was a monster in the actual story playthrough but his back sprite made him look damn obese, not to mention those ridiculous spores.

Subseed set is hilarious in competitive (I used to frequent Hell's Flames all the time when NetBattle was a thing) but sweeper sets with Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, etc. were a thing of beauty.

If there was any generation where you ended up with a ridiculously over leveled starter and no other Pokemon, it was Gen 3.

injurai

Banned
Yeah they fixed Sceptile looking weird. With that said I find Grovyle better looking still.

His tail looks bad though. From the front you can see the whole fern kinda of tapering down and all flowing back. But in the back sprite it's reversed and squared... Like a pissed off cats tail or something.

Maybe sceptile is just angry in battle.

Boss Doggie

Apparently it's a shiny color. It has shiny sparkles and such and in the Eevee posse pic it has sparkles too.

Refyref

Like I said in the other thread, the stars are around the size of Swift's, not smaller. And this is a tiny screenshot, not a full-size one.

Boss Doggie

Eh we'll see. Hopefully in Pokemon Smash.

Anyway I trained a newly caught Gligar and called her Gilda. Became a Gliscor and oh god how I missed Gliscor's awesomeness! Acrobatics is very fun with her!

Top Bottom