• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

Episode 97 Orange Islands...Ash had to Dex Gastly and Haunter

NEVERMIND the fact that Gastly was just a couple of episodes prior to it (evil Pikachu one)
NEVERMIND Ash using Haunter against Sabrina

*face palm*

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

...genwunner :3

From what i am seeing gen6 looks better than gen5 and (obviously since it's the worst) gen4

You can't put the gen that made the phy/spe split the worst gen.

And people say Black/White is bad.
People have fond memories of OI because it's the only arc Ash won. When it aired here, I thought it was boring because I wanted Johto and not that.

LeleSocho

Banned
Gen 3 is the worst.

NmCEhii.gif

People tend to forget when IV and EV are born in the way we know now
also best pokémon design and best region

injurai

Banned
After playing all the games again in 2012, I think GSC is the worst. The remakes improved on it much, though.

I would agree. It's the weakest game wise, but HGSS is the strongest when it comes to attention of detail have being a fully realized experience.

Gen 3 is best overall, and 5 is best delivery of story.

Generation 3 had the best instrumentation in the entire fucking series, hands down. It was this weird Earthbound-y mix of orchestral, jazz and chiptunes and percussion but it was just so fucking good.

I MEAN COME THE FUCK ONNNN NOW

horns horns and more horns.

Gen 3 music is fine. I just hope you like hunting for underleveled trainers on gigantic water routes and that shitty victory road and the boring non drake part of the elite four.

Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake. If they got some proper characterization and actual flair to their E4 rooms they'd all be god-tier.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
horns horns and more horns.

Gen 3 music is fine. I just hope you like hunting for underleveled trainers on gigantic water routes and that shitty victory road and the boring non drake part of the elite four.

Generation 3 had the best instrumentation in the entire fucking series, hands down. It was this weird Earthbound-y mix of orchestral, jazz and chiptunes and percussion but it was just so fucking good.

I MEAN COME THE FUCK ONNNN NOW

Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake. If they got some proper characterization and actual flair to their E4 rooms they'd all be god-tier.

You should have posted your Battle Dome remix again. It's great.

zroid

Banned
come at me bro

it's one of the reasons of why is the worst

lawl

tbqh while it is the "worst" (I honestly consider Gen 1 the worst), it's also necessary.

While first gen is the one of the bunch I would least want to return to, I think overall I gleaned less enjoyment from Gen 3. Something about it just didn't click with me as much. Of course in the grand scheme I don't think any of the gens are really "bad". They all have redeeming qualities.

I thought you guys might appreciate this too. I did a more ethereal ambient remix of the Celestial Tower theme called Souls and Stardust. Just warning you, I tried capturing the feel of the atmosphere in-game so the entire thing's pretty mellow - if you're waiting for a drop the entire track, it's probably not for you.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wait, what happened

While first gen is the one of the bunch I would least want to return to, I think overall I gleaned less enjoyment from Gen 3. Something about it just didn't click with me as much. Of course in the grand scheme I don't think any of the gens are really "bad". They all have redeeming qualities.

Like I said, the loss of some GS mechanics is evil along with incompatibility, but at the same time the data restructuring and all the other additional stuff really made Pokemon future-proof.

Top Bottom