• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

JoeM86

Speaking of the anime...it seems Misty and Brock will be in the Pokémon Anime Episode screening in Japan on March 7th. =D

Yes, but that's in an episode that's confirmed to have flashbacks to Charizard's past, all reanimated, so I wouldn't get too excited. If they were to properly return, it would have been all over the magazines featuring the episode

Firestorm

Archaic / Serebii, either of you folks know if event distributions at Japanese Pokemon Centres require a Japanese game card? Would like to grab that shiny Magikarp from the Nagoya store in April if I can get it on my NA Black / Black 2...

JoeM86

Archaic / Serebii, either of you folks know if event distributions at Japanese Pokemon Centres require a Japanese game card? Would like to grab that shiny Magikarp from the Nagoya store in April if I can get it on my NA Black / Black 2...

Yeah they're language locked. You need a Japanese one.

Finally accepted :) Been a lurker since that crazy nintendo direct for Pokemon X and Y, i had some really good laughs reading that thread that i wanted to join in for the future crazyness and Hype trains, so Hello everyone :B

On topic, that (probably fake) pokemon list looks really interesting, to the point where i'd love some of those ideas as pokemons...

Finally accepted :) Been a lurker since that crazy nintendo direct for Pokemon X and Y, i had some really good laughs reading that thread that i wanted to join in for the future crazyness and Hype trains, so Hello everyone :B

On topic, that (probably fake) pokemon list looks really interesting, to the point where i'd love some of those ideas as pokemons...

Welcome to Pokémon Community! I joined a bit... sometime in June. This thread might get crazy, but the Gaming section is the super-crazy part. Have fun!

Makes you wonder about playing a game with only good fakemon

Welcome to our community. I'm ScraftyDevil, the local nut.

Okay, initiation question:

Which Pokémon is best Pokémon?

Choose... Wisely.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Welcome to PokeGAF. How tough are ya?

papercamm

So you saw all of our shame. Hopefully you missed the rap-off.

Stage On

I dunno, I thought they're both balanced. He has Staraptor and Infernape in one hand, and on the other he has Krookodile and surprisingly Unfeazant.

I hate to say it due to how much I like Oshawott but they've turned him into a total joke character how has lost and lost battle after battle.

Snivy isn't much better since while her character is cool she's pretty much the same as the day Ash caught her with absolutely no developments move wise.

Ash's team in Sinnoh was way stronger then his present team, if for no other reason then most of them where fully evolved.

If he had the same team he had vs Paul he would have absolutely destroyed Kotetsu.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, we're getting (probably) a Sableye evolution!

A new poster for the Mewtwo and Genesect movie has a Sableye hanging out near Ash and Pikachu and the other main cast Pokemon, implying he'll catch one. The last time Ash caught a random old Pokemon? At the end of Battle Frontier, Aipom, which got an evolution in the upcoming Gen. So, yeah, I'd say a Sableye evolution is in the cards.

That Mr. XY rumor posted the other day, before this poster popped up, mentioned a Sableye evolution...but than again, it's a common request for evolution.

Stage On

So, we're getting (probably) a Sableye evolution!

A new poster for the Mewtwo and Genesect movie has a Sableye hanging out near Ash and Pikachu and the other main cast Pokemon, implying he'll catch one. The last time Ash caught a random old Pokemon? At the end of Battle Frontier, Aipom, which got an evolution in the upcoming Gen. So, yeah, I'd say a Sableye evolution is in the cards.

That Mr. XY rumor posted the other day, before this poster popped up, mentioned a Sableye evolution...but than again, it's a common request for evolution.

Huh it would be pretty cool for Ash to have a ghost type since technically he never did own Haunter.

Oh yeah, pardon me. Me and my manners...

Well it's a difficult question... i was a fan of the squalid fairy throghout my childhood (Togetic) but that has died a lot i think... Now we had many awesome designs...

like Dewott for example:

abc4a04e-b07e-49e6-9b10-113325af3faf_zpsce0ccaee.jpg

(I made the picture, i'm pretty new to digital so go easy on me u_u)

Well, i really don't know... but my faves are Honchkrow, Blaziken, Togekiss, Gallade, Samurott, Charizard, etc. and oh, Arcanine... to the extent i've had dreams where i own one and i use it as a pillow in the grass...

And i guess i'm not tough u_u
And watching that avatar, i should say i enjoy some anthro art mostly because there is really a lot of talent there, in coloring, character creation and poses

Zeroth

Sableye evolution? Awesome.

Also, is it okay to Ash capture pokemons in movies? I mean, not everyone watch them, and suddenly having them in regular episodes wouldn't be like the Taurus situation?

Grakl

Oh yeah, pardon me. Me and my manners...

Well it's a difficult question... i was a fan of the squalid fairy throghout my childhood (Togetic) but that has died a lot i think... Now we had many awesome designs...

like Dewott for example:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/crisboo9/abc4a04e-b07e-49e6-9b10-113325af3faf_zpsce0ccaee.jpg[IMG]

(I made the picture, i'm pretty new to digital so go easy on me u_u)
[/QUOTE]

Not bad. Dewott is one of my favorite Pokemon, haha.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's probably Ash's, since it's next to him.

Sableye evolution? Awesome.

Also, is it okay to Ash capture pokemons in movies? I mean, not everyone watch them, and suddenly having them in regular episodes wouldn't be like the Taurus situation?

He's going to catch it in the series, and he'll have it by the time the movie airs in July.

JoeM86

I'm really looking forward to the flashbacks in that episode to be honest. Charizard's staying until at least July so I can relish in that awesomeness for a while, but here in this episode they've faithfully re-animated many core parts of Charizard's tenure with Ash. That's where the Brock & Misty return is.

We have the voice list for the episode and it seems they're just using old audio since it has a couple of VAs who haven't done anything for years, including one who retired, so I worry people may be disappointed with that

Charizard is back? T_T ...my childhood. I still remember the fight against Blaine's Magmar...

I'm so happy i finally managed to get 40 Wins in Wi-fi against 40 losses lol xD I guess Learning to use Zoroark has made the difference in many fights... Now for those stars...

Macka

Pokemon Conquest was surprisingly great! There's definitely a lot that could be improved upon, but they did set the foundation for a great new line of spinoffs. Hopefully it sold well enough for a sequel to be in the cards.

zroid

Banned
Pokemon Conquest was surprisingly great! There's definitely a lot that could be improved upon, but they did set the foundation for a great new line of spinoffs. Hopefully it sold well enough for a sequel to be in the cards.

I seem to recall it doing vastly better than the standard Nobunaga's Ambition games, and it was reasonably successful in the West also. I doubt it was more expensive to make than the the other Nobunaga titles, so seems pretty likely they will continue this series of spinoffs.

JoeM86

I feel that we may see a Wii U version of Pokémon Conquest down the line. The GamePad seems built for it and it was both a critical and commercial success

braves01

Banned
Yo guys so I'm pretty helplessly addicted to White 2 (will probably finish this weekend), where should I go from there? I kind of want to get HeartGold or SoulSilver since I never finished those back in the day but I'm worried they will feel too dated and slow compared to White 2. Also, can I transfer Pokemon from HG/SS to White 2? Will Pokemon even be transferable to X/Y? Are B1/W1 better choices? Do I need Black 2?

I've been out the game too long to understand what I'm even doing.

MikeMyers

Yo guys so I'm pretty helplessly addicted to White 2 (will probably finish this weekend), where should I go from there? I kind of want to get HeartGold or SoulSilver since I never finished those back in the day but I'm worried they will feel too dated and slow compared to White 2.

Perhaps, but I still recommend it.

Also, can I transfer Pokemon from HG/SS to White 2?
Yes
Will Pokemon even be transferable to X/Y?
IDK
Are B1/W1 better choices?

Nah 2 basically has everything 1 has.

Do I need Black 2?

Only if you want to complete your PokeDex

Top Bottom