• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

braves01

Banned
Perhaps, but I still recommend it.

Yes

IDK

Nah 2 basically has everything 1 has.

Only if you want to complete your PokeDex

Thanks for answering all my questions. Gold/Silver include all the original Pokemon from Red and Blue right? I do want to complete my Pokedex if possible, but I missed out on Genesect and whatever other event-only Pokemon have been released. I'm not really into competitive battling so just beating the games and filling up the Pokedex is my goal.

entremet

It's so hard playing Soul Silver after Gen V. Gen V is so snappy, in texts, menu, battles, even with animations on! But it's the only way I get certain of my favorite Mons.

Salvadora

I had to replay Soul Silver with a movie in the background. I felt like everything was at a snail's pace. I really hope X/Y keep the same sort of speed as Black/White but the move to 3D makes me a bit nervous though.

zroid

Banned
I had to replay Soul Silver with a movie in the background. I felt like everything was at a snail's pace. I really hope X/Y keep the same sort of speed as Black/White but the move to 3D makes me a bit nervous though.

I think the move to 3D should enable a lot more customization of game speed than ever before. All the animations can probably be sped up and slowed down very easily. It can only be a good thing, I reckon.

I think the move to 3D should enable a lot more customization of game speed than ever before. All the animations can probably be sped up and slowed down very easily. It can only be a good thing, I reckon.

When you think about it, you suddenly start to realize that all this could have been implemented since Gen III

Then you realize that you might be getting an on/off toggle again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh you don't need one version over the other for BW2 to complete the dex. You can pretty much trade or use Dream World so easily.

As far as battle speed is concerned, the Sylveon "peek" video showed that it's at least as fast as BW, so all is well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
tumblr_miwh1qXLDt1qzbz8uo1_500.gif

This is great

Kyzer

Banned
Finally got my hands on Black 2. Just beat Elesa. It's kind of cool being able to retouch on B/W a little bit before jumping into XY but with a fresh twist. I'm really impressed with the little touches and will be sorely disappointed if the upgrades this team came up with don't make it into the next installations.

I just switched my internet for WEP for the night (roommates are asleep ;)) anything I can do? Are there any Wi-Fi events going on? Does anyone have any awesome extra eggs i can use for a run-through?

Boss Doggie

I don't understand the "This is the real power of Johto" thing though. Johto sucks as far as powersets are concerned that Kanto could wipe it out.

Finally got my hands on Black 2. Just beat Elesa. It's kind of cool being able to retouch on B/W a little bit before jumping into XY but with a fresh twist. I'm really impressed with the little touches and will be sorely disappointed if the upgrades this team came up with don't make it into the next installations.

I just switched my internet for WEP for the night (roommates are asleep ;)) anything I can do? Are there any Wi-Fi events going on? Does anyone have any awesome extra eggs i can use for a run-through?

Do you have a DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or 3DS XL? You don't need to do WEP if you're using these systems.

I don't know, but you should always check Mystery Gift from time to time anyway, and perhaps give Pokémon news sites a look, too.

I don't have eggs.

Kyzer

Banned
Do you have a DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or 3DS XL? You don't need to do WEP if you're using these systems.

I don't know, but you should always check Mystery Gift from time to time anyway, and perhaps give Pokémon news sites a look, too.

I don't have eggs.

Nah, DS Lite. So B2/W2 are enhanced to work with WPA2 on DSi onward?

entremet

So how do these Gamestop giveaways work? Do you need to give your DS/3DS to the staff and they download the pokemon on your system?

So how do these Gamestop giveaways work? Do you need to give your DS/3DS to the staff and they download the pokemon on your system?

Nah, just get in range. Sometimes you might even be able to do it outside the store! The key is Wi-Fi reception. (They're basically mini Wi-Fi hotspots that give out Pokémon data.)

(It's Mystery Gift)

Also...

542827_551463614894055_467686088_n.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lol, Looker's pretty much the classic "Inspector Zenigata", and he's also a complete joke. The anime bizarrely is probably his most competent incarnation.

Here's his first line in the entire series when Lucas/Dawn spot him in Platinum and wonder who he is:

"WHAAAT?! ...How did you know? How did you unmask me as a member of the International Police?!"

JoeM86

The next Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 Play! Pokémon Global Link events have been announced. If you participated in the recent Castelia Gym Season, you shall be able to receive a special Tyranitar. This Tyranitar has its Hidden Ability of Unnerve and the move Seismic Toss, a move it hasn't been able to learn since FireRed & LeafGreen. If you are participating in the Nimbasa Gym season, you shall receive a special Dragonite. This Dragonite has its Hidden Ability of Multiscale and its Egg Move of Extremespeed. The full dates of these distributions are not yet known.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

zroid

Banned
I rarely actually go into the stores to collect my event Pokemon. For mall GameStops, I'll just sit at a nearby bench and do it, or from standalone stores, I'll sit in the car. Easy.

I thought I'd heard an explanation once, but I don't remember.

Why can those big, tough dinosaur-like Pokemon (Rhydon, Aggron, Tyranitar, Nidoking) learn elemental moves like Surf, Fire Blast, Thunder, etc?

Because they are badass

I'm convinced!

Though at a guess i've come up with in the past 5 minutes i'm thinking that it might be some sort of odd comparison/reference for the Dinosaur like Mon to have attributes of all those movie monsters that occasionally spit fire and cause tidal waves with their big old giant city destroying slugfests, Thunder is there because stormy weather or something.

So, I'm not sure if you guys have ever had a Gen V Bad Egg before, but once they're gone from your game they don't cause any other problems, right? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong once I traded it away to a save file that doesn't matter, but I'd just like to know before anything happens. I remember reading years ago that they permanently corrupt whatever slot (party or box) they're in, but I have a feeling that might have been some Yahoo Answers-style shenanigans.

What's worse is that I got it in the dumbest way possible. I needed a female DW Bagon for breeding purposes and went to Pokecheck. I missed the egg sprite on the information box.

At least now I can say I've gotten one, I guess.

Boss Doggie

Nah, just get in range. Sometimes you might even be able to do it outside the store! The key is Wi-Fi reception. (They're basically mini Wi-Fi hotspots that give out Pokémon data.)

(It's Mystery Gift)

Also...

542827_551463614894055_467686088_n.png

Like I said, Did you know Gaming is terrible with regards to Pokemon

Firestorm

Team USA will be playing Team South Korea tomorrow and I'lll be helping stream it at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern! Will put up the link before we start. Hope some of you tune in =) Should be exciting stuff! Still not sure on the Korean roster (though I think 2011 Seniors 2nd Place, 2012 Masters Top 8 player Sejun Park is in for sure) but US roster is:

• Ray Rizzo (Ray) - Three Time Consecutive -- and Reigning -- World Champion (2010, 2011, 2012)
  • Wolfe Glick (Wolfey) - Two Time US National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2011, 2nd in 2012 -- both times eliminated by Ray
  • Huy Ha (Huy) - Three Time Worlds Player (2009, 2010, 2012)
  • Aaron Zheng (Cybertron) - Two Time US Senior National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2012
  • Trista Medine (ryuzaki) - 2011 Worlds Player
  • Scott Glaza (Scott) - 2012 Worlds Player
  • Kamaal Harris (FonicFrog) - Regional Champion

Basically these people are gud

Team USA will be playing Team South Korea tomorrow and I'lll be helping stream it at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern! Will put up the link before we start. Hope some of you tune in =) Should be exciting stuff! Still not sure on the Korean roster (though I think 2011 Seniors 2nd Place, 2012 Masters Top 8 player Sejun Park is in for sure) but US roster is:

• Ray Rizzo (Ray) - Three Time Consecutive -- and Reigning -- World Champion (2010, 2011, 2012)
  • Wolfe Glick (Wolfey) - Two Time US National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2011, 2nd in 2012 -- both times eliminated by Ray
  • Huy Ha (Huy) - Three Time Worlds Player (2009, 2010, 2012)
  • Aaron Zheng (Cybertron) - Two Time US Senior National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2012
  • Trista Medine (ryuzaki) - 2011 Worlds Player
  • Scott Glaza (Scott) - 2012 Worlds Player
  • Kamaal Harris (FonicFrog) - Regional Champion

Basically these people are gud
Ooh, a throwdown with Rizzo and the gang - I'm in for that.

I threw it around before here and some other thread.

Guess I missed that.

One thing I've noticed with regard to myself... well, I don't seem to care about reps of sites for the most part. Hmm...

On another topic... I wonder who's' going to be my favourite Generation VI Pokémon after it's all said and done.
I also wonder about the chance of a Black 3 and White 3 going down the line

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
http://i.imgur.com/a6xtGcS.png

The Mr. XY dude now posted a full list of names. Serebii on Gamefaqs mentioned that he's not sure if they're real or fake since he doesn't have any info yet.

Bubbaboom is the Froakie final evolution name. :0

Grakl

http://i.imgur.com/a6xtGcS.png

The Mr. XY dude now posted a full list of names. Serebii on Gamefaqs mentioned that he's not sure if they're real or fake since he doesn't have any info yet.

Bubbaboom is the Froakie final evolution name. :0

Gyrove? Hmm. The Chespin evolution sounds possible and thematically sound, but I dunno if I'd like the evolution design based on the name. A lot of those seem real fake, though, haha. Not gonna bother with the list.

Top Bottom