• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Refyref

542827_551463614894055_467686088_n.png

While I don't really think Looker is meant to be based on Dr. Who, he's one of my favorite Pokemon characters.

And Juan and Wallace are my most hated. Despite all of it's improvements, I prefer RS to Emerald for a basic run due to Steven.

Also, was fun following the series. Hopefully you'll fare better in your next projects!

Exactly Nintendo Ninja are too good for this info to be real.

Those names are a riot and a half.

Well, sprite sheets and some names have been leaked very closely to some of the game's release in the past. The thing is, names in the series aren't usually finalized until the final stretch of development/localization, so this casts major doubt on that list. (Of course, the main Pokemon that are used in marketing due get names early, but the rest not necessarily).

When we got stuff like Roggenrola and Unfezant, I wouldn't doubt the localization team's ability to stoop lower. That said the list seems kind of fake.

Ramzeez
Houndoomed
Eyedol

eyedol.jpg

It'll probably look something like this though.
164px-Shakkoumon_t.gif

Aggrotek

While I don't really think Looker is meant to be based on Dr. Who, he's one of my favorite Pokemon characters.

And Juan and Wallace are my most hated. Despite all of it's improvements, I prefer RS to Emerald for a basic run due to Steven.

Also, was fun following the series. Hopefully you'll fare better in your next projects!

Well, sprite sheets and some names have been leaked very closely to some of the game's release in the past. The thing is, names in the series aren't usually finalized until the final stretch of development/localization, so this casts major doubt on that list. (Of course, the main Pokemon that are used in marketing due get names early, but the rest not necessarily).

Thanks for following it. :)

I would really appreciate it if all of you guys could subscribe to my channel.
We are going to record Episode 2 of our podcast later this week and I have another Nuzlocke Run that will be airing on Monday. :)

Here is the link to my YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAggrotek
And here is my Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheAggrotek

I could really use the exposure. :p

Speaking of Happiny, is there any reason why the Oval Stone has a "Use" function, or is it just an oversight? I had no idea how to evolve it when I tried to yesterday because of that, but I eventually figured it out.

Korosenai

Serpreine - poison/dark

I don't care if its fake or not, but this is what I hope one of the legendaries are in the next game. An awesome poison/dark or dragon snake.

Firestorm

Team USA will be playing Team South Korea tomorrow and I'lll be helping stream it at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern! Will put up the link before we start. Hope some of you tune in =) Should be exciting stuff! Still not sure on the Korean roster (though I think 2011 Seniors 2nd Place, 2012 Masters Top 8 player Sejun Park is in for sure) but US roster is:

• Ray Rizzo (Ray) - Three Time Consecutive -- and Reigning -- World Champion (2010, 2011, 2012)
  • Wolfe Glick (Wolfey) - Two Time US National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2011, 2nd in 2012 -- both times eliminated by Ray
  • Huy Ha (Huy) - Three Time Worlds Player (2009, 2010, 2012)
  • Aaron Zheng (Cybertron) - Two Time US Senior National Champion (2011, 2012), Top 8 Worlds 2012
  • Trista Medine (ryuzaki) - 2011 Worlds Player
  • Scott Glaza (Scott) - 2012 Worlds Player
  • Kamaal Harris (FonicFrog) - Regional Champion

Basically these people are gud

Gonna start as soon as some setup is done. Wolfe is being replaced with Simon Yip (TDS), another Worlds player with very consistent results. Wolfe is unfortunately busy tonight.

Korean roster:

• 소이 (Ji Hoon Park)
  • 뭥미 (Se Jun Park)
  • 클엘 (Won Seok Jang)
  • 실리 (Che Hwan Yoo)
  • 재현 (Jae Hyun Kim)
  • 스완 (Seung Soo Jang)
  • 하프 (Yu Bin Park)

Oh right, a link: http://twitch.tv/nuggetbridge

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I kind of like Houndoomed...if I recall correctly, he described it as a Houndoom with dog-skulls on its shoulders, resembling Ceberus. Having a similar name makes sense, and perhaps it's a double-pun on "domed", as in dome of a skull?

I saw a person make a list of all the X/Y Pokemon Mr. XY mentioned and compare it to the names...like, Ramzeez sounds stupid, but it's probably the Flaaffy evolution, explaining the double "ee". And there's an egyptian reference, like Ampharos.

:( Sorry for all the issues.
Nah, np - WFC acts up all the time for me, so I know it can be a hassle.

And with that, another match concludes. Nice wait music this time :)
I kind of like Houndoomed...if I recall correctly, he described it as a Houndoom with dog-skulls on its shoulders, resembling Ceberus. Having a similar name makes sense, and perhaps it's a double-pun on "domed", as in dome of a skull?
I don't see it happening - unlike say something like Woobat, which makes sense (woo + bat, the whole heart theme and all) despite being similar to Zubat, Houndoomed is just Houndoom with an "ed" at the end. It just sounds like Houndoom being made into a verb ("he got houndoomed"). The localization team isn't that devoid of creativity just yet.

Watch Da Birdie

Nah, np - WFC acts up all the time for me, so I know it can be a hassle.

And with that, another match concludes. Nice wait music this time :)

I don't see it happening - unlike say something like Woobat, which makes sense (woo + bat, the whole heart theme and all) despite being similar to Zubat, Houndoomed is just Houndoom with an "ed" at the end. It just sounds like Houndoom being made into a verb ("he got houndoomed"). The localization team isn't that devoid of creativity just yet.

Lickitung into Lickilicky. :p

(although I like that).

And, if the list is "real", Lollilap into Lickitung.

Birdie, you really seem to be buying into this rumor. Don't get your hopes up too high, lest they crash harder than Icarus come October.

Plus the Pokémon selection will be kind of jank if it's true, so I'm hoping really hard that this is completely fabricated.

Watch Da Birdie

Birdie, you really seem to be buying into this rumor. Don't get your hopes up too high, lest they crash harder than Icarus come October.

Plus the Pokémon selection will be kind of jank if it's true, so I'm hoping really hard that this is completely fabricated.

Nah, I'm just playing devil's advocate. :p

But seriously, Houndoomed is the last part of the rumor that bothers me. In fact it seems like something they'd do.

Um... You are aware how hideously unlikely this rumour is, right?

I mean, I'm sure you're paying it no real credence, but... 4chan rumours? Really?

Firestorm

His co-worker finding out what he's doing and giving him a list is hilarious. I'm sorry but if there's an actual leak and it was traceable that dude would be fired -- not given more information.

I finished Treecks & Geeks, Aggro. :(

You needed Sunny Day for Wallace. And leaving Wailord at full HP meant Water Spout had a power of 150, plus the rain bonus, plus the STAB bonus. I'm amazed Hariyama even lived through the first one. At least he was useful right up to the very end.

You did great though, and I can't wait for whatever you do next!

JoeM86

Rumours should really always be ignored.

Now, I'm not going to go on record to say that we won't get leaks, because chances are we will, just closer to the release; especially now launch is worldwide, the western industry is a lot more likely to leak crap.

However, I may be wrong, but I believe localisation hasn't begun yet, that typically begins 6 months before western release. While we have the English names of the 6 Pokémon, that has happened before where they were done ahead of time.

I will probably make a guide for here on how to spot and logically deduce how fakes are. I just worry people will use it to make convincing fakes.

MikeMyers

Got all 8 badges in Johto:

Flakner - beaten by Geodude
Bugsy - beaten by Gastly
Whitney - beaten by Gastly
Morty - beaten by Hoothoot
Chuck - beaten by Gengar
Jasmine - beaten by Ninetails
Pryce - beaten by Gyarados
Clair - beaten by Meganium

A three-headed Dark/Fire Houndoom evo should be called Cerberoast (Cerberus + Roast).

Aggrotek

I finished Treecks & Geeks, Aggro. :(

You needed Sunny Day for Wallace. And leaving Wailord at full HP meant Water Spout had a power of 150, plus the rain bonus, plus the STAB bonus. I'm amazed Hariyama even lived through the first one. At least he was useful right up to the very end.

You did great though, and I can't wait for whatever you do next!

Thanks buddy! It really sealed my fate when I didn't heal Blackout that last time.. Oh well.

I should have something up either today or tomorrow. :)

Top Bottom