• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Unicorn

Trick Room team complete.

I do want a Clefable though, so maybe I'll train one up to swap out with Magnezone, since he has ASS for moves.

Though, I already have too much fighting weaknesses.

Anyone got ideas for an interesting Clefable? Movepool is substantial.

I kind of like Houndoomed...if I recall correctly, he described it as a Houndoom with dog-skulls on its shoulders, resembling Ceberus. Having a similar name makes sense, and perhaps it's a double-pun on "domed", as in dome of a skull?

Cerberumon?

Cerberumon_b.jpg

Also if Xerneas isn't steel/part steel type I'll eat my hat... if I had one.

As for Clefable I've only ever encountered it once in online doubles. It was simple beam'd and then it used minimize for a crazy evasion boost.

Unicorn

Magic Guard Clefable with Facade, holding Toxic Orb. It's epic.

(Toxic Orb inflicts poison status which doubles Facade's power, but Clefable takes no damage from poisoning thanks to Magic Guard.)

Holy shit. You have no idea how hilarious this is.

My friend runs a Facade Swellow with Burn. This will be the ultimate troll to him.

Firestorm

Rumours should really always be ignored.

Now, I'm not going to go on record to say that we won't get leaks, because chances are we will, just closer to the release; especially now launch is worldwide, the western industry is a lot more likely to leak crap.

However, I may be wrong, but I believe localisation hasn't begun yet, that typically begins 6 months before western release. While we have the English names of the 6 Pokémon, that has happened before where they were done ahead of time.

I will probably make a guide for here on how to spot and logically deduce how fakes are. I just worry people will use it to make convincing fakes.
Localization will likely start earlier than previous games because of the simultaneous release. There are more things that can go wrong when you're still developing the game and doing the localization after all. However, I agree that they likely don't have all the Pokemon names done in every language, though it is a possibility. I don't think this list is real in any case with what he says in his introduction line and how some of the list is laid out.

harmonize

That looks far better than I anticipated it would.

Now to wait for Misty's and Brock's, but if that's any indication of how they'll look, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

This is... March, okay.

Around this time, there was apparently nothing big revealed in the BW cycle (going by what I put down a while back) - but let's see what we got so far:

January
-Trailer, starters (with basic info), box legendaries, names, a release date, "confirmed" mixture of new and old Pokemon in the in-game dex (unlike BW).
February
- Sylveon (which also suggested the implicit promise of filling out the new dex with evolutions of old Pokemon), new """trailer""", full movie name and some details (hmm, wonder if there are any more secrets yet to be revealed aside from Mewtwo). The update of the other sites at the same time also suggested that any new info from CoroCoro and the like will probably be disseminated through US social media sources, including the official site.

Thus, what this time? If the last template was followed, there'll be nothing, but I doubt they'd want to stop the hype from lapsing month-to-month, so there might be something. Nintendo might push for a little bit more info this month, who knows.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is... March, okay.

Around this time, there was apparently nothing big revealed in the BW cycle (going by what I put down a while back) - but let's see what we got so far:

January
-Trailer, starters (with basic info), box legendaries, names, a release date, "confirmed" mixture of new and old Pokemon in the in-game dex (unlike BW).
February
- Sylveon (which also suggested the implicit promise of filling out the new dex with evolutions of old Pokemon), new """trailer""", full movie name and some details (hmm, wonder if there are any more secrets yet to be revealed aside from Mewtwo). The update of the other sites at the same time also suggested that any new info from CoroCoro and the like will probably be disseminated through US social media sources, including the official site.

Thus, what this time? If the last template was followed, there'll be nothing, but I doubt they'd want to stop the hype from lapsing month-to-month, so there might be something. Nintendo might push for a little bit more info this month, who knows.

Commons? Maybe clarification on types? After all, we got official site, etc. live during XY announcement itself.

Commons? Maybe clarification on types? After all, we got official site, etc. live during XY announcement itself.
Some com-mons maybe. But not before some story characters and a region name, I think. Or at the same time, which would be even better, mm. Though we are probably not gonna get Sylveon's type until the movie comes, I think. We'd probably get Xerneas/Yveltal's types sooner rather than later, though - before June maybe.

Guessing games are fun

Boss Doggie

Some com-mons maybe. But not before some story characters and a region name, I think. Or at the same time, which would be even better, mm. Though we are probably not gonna get Sylveon's type until the movie comes, I think. We'd probably get Xerneas/Yveltal's types sooner rather than later, though - before June maybe.

Guessing games are fun

Didn't Coro promise more game info though?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Merchandise for Movie 16 had two "hidden" spots prior to February, but Mewtwo and Sylveon seemed to have filled them, so it doesn't look like we're going to have any other new Pokemon in the movie. I kind of wish they'd go back to putting a few new, cute Pokemon into the films like they did prior Gen IV. :/

JoeM86

Didn't Coro promise more game info though?

Only thing CoroCoro has promised is more information revealed about Sylveon

And here you had me excited that Brock and Misty would return to the series as travel companions.

That's a common thing going around because some places neglected research when they saw the cast list. I fear many will be disappointed when the episode airs on Thursday. It's a shame that it won't happen, but times have to moved on.

Localization will likely start earlier than previous games because of the simultaneous release. There are more things that can go wrong when you're still developing the game and doing the localization after all. However, I agree that they likely don't have all the Pokemon names done in every language, though it is a possibility. I don't think this list is real in any case with what he says in his introduction line and how some of the list is laid out.

Na, I don't believe it has started earlier. I believe general development should be finished soon, and then the localisation will run

Boss Doggie

So Type for Sylveon?

And honestly, people expected Misty and Brock to return as regulars? Especially when it is confirmed that there are flashback episodes? Hahahahaha!

JoeM86

So Type for Sylveon?

And honestly, people expected Misty and Brock to return as regulars? Especially when it is confirmed that there are flashback episodes? Hahahahaha!

Quite probable, yes

Loads of places just looked at the cast list and saw Brock & Misty, and then went forth spreading it, ignoring the fact we knew for weeks about flashbacks and that many of the Voice Actors on the list hadn't been in it for years, one of whom retired. You can see people discussing it on Tumblr, Twitter, PokéMemes etc.

Boss Doggie

They somehow forget that voices, even if reused, are still credited regardless.

Anyway, I started using Gastrodon. Such an awesome Pokemon.

WEST SEA, SCRAGGIES!

0a4pgg.jpg

Ike, how could you find my other weakness? xD

The music in the Generation V games are so good. Makes you wonder what stopped them from using more non-sequenced music in B2W2, though. (Just the title screen? Really?)

Speaking of good Pokémon music, I've just played Dream Radar again, and I think I really like the "battle/capturing" theme, to be honest. (Makes me feel great about XY.)

Boss Doggie

Oh right, we should expect new commons in the short right? I recall that Pikachu Rescue short (the one with Tracey's Venonat) had a bunch of Gen IIs.

JoeM86

Oh right, we should expect new commons in the short right? I recall that Pikachu Rescue short (the one with Tracey's Venonat) had a bunch of Gen IIs.

Pikachu's Summer Vacation (1998): Snubbull, Marill. Main movie had Donphan
Pikachu's Rescue Adventure (1999): Elekid, Ledyba, Bellossom. Main movie had Lugia & Slowking
Pikachu's Pika-boo (2001): Kecleon, Azurill, Wailmer
Camp Pikachu (2002): Wynaut, Volbeat, Duskull. Main movie had Latios/Latias, Wailmer

Shorts stopped here, but ones were on ANA, typically with the same Pokémon
Destiny Deoxys (2004): Munchlax
Lucario & The Mystery of Mew (2005): Lucario, Mime Jr., Weavile, Bonsly
Pokémon Ranger & The Temple of the Sea (2006): Manaphy, Chatot, Buizel, Mantyke (also in ANA short)

Zoroark: Master of Illusions (2010): Zorua, Zoroark (guy with a hat with Woobat printed on)

Shorts have since started again
Extremespeed Genesect - Mewtwo's Awakening (2013): Nothing yet. Short has Sylveon

I just realized that this is probably the first time I've been in GAF with an entire period of time between XY's announcement and release.

I also just realized how painful the info drought can actually be first-hand.

Anyone had the feeling that XY might be like GS?

Top Bottom