• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Arcanine stuff! How nice.

MdUbETK.jpg
A0uKkVg.jpg

In Gen VI, I'm gonna name all my Pokemon the same thing.

Like George Foreman?

Wikipedia said:

He also has a daughter named Georgetta.

Unicorn

So.... In order to transfer my SoulSilver guys to White I need to beat the Elite 4 first?

My team isn't ready. Anyone wanna loan me some powerhouses?

MikeMyers

So.... In order to transfer my SoulSilver guys to White I need to beat the Elite 4 first?

My team isn't ready. Anyone wanna loan me some powerhouses?

I plan on fighting the E4 with this team:

Meganium
Gyarados
Gengar
Ninetails

Just gotta train Gyarados to get Dragon Dance first.

Aggrotek

Wonderful! Thank you sooooo much!

Ever since I made my Trick Room team, I've really found the niche for Kecleon. Always wanted a viable way to use him, but never thought of doing TR before recently.

No problem!

Here are some more I made if anyone wants them:

flN1k5S.png

2BqRIcp.png

ijfXChu.png

Just roll in, whip out your 3DS and vigorously download your prize. If anyone asks why you're there, just say "Pokémon, motherf*cker."

If they judge you, remind them that you're not the one working at GameStop ;P

MikeMyers

Did anyone get that GameStop Pokemon yet? Kinda nervous/embarrassed about rolling into the store whipping out my 3ds.

I did.

Also, beat the Elite 4:

Will:
1. Xatu - Gengar
2. Jynx - Gengar
3. Slowbro - Gengar
4. Exeggutor - Gengar
5. Xatu - Gengar

Koga:
1. Ariados - Ninetails
2. Foretress - Ninetails
3. Venomoth - Ninetails
4. Muk - Gyarados
5. Crobat - Gengar

Bruno:
1. Hitmontop - Gyarados
2. Hitmonchan - Gyarados
3. Hitmonlee - Gyarados
4. Onix - Gyarados
5. Machamp - Gyarados

Karen:
1. Umbreon - Gyarados
2. Murkrow - Gyarados
3. Gengar - Gyarados
4. Vileplume - Gyarados
5. Houndoom - Gyarados

Lance:
1. Gyarados - Gyarados
2. Dragonite - Gyarados
3. Aerodactyl - Gyarados
4. Dragonite - Gyarados
5. Charizard - Gyarados
6. Dragonite - Gyarados

Did anyone get that GameStop Pokemon yet? Kinda nervous/embarrassed about rolling into the store whipping out my 3ds.

I had to go in and make the guy working there set up the store's DS for the distribution. And a bunch of people had to wait in line while he did it. Haha! No shame.

I stood and downloaded two of them while deflecting his X and/or Y preorder suggestions.

Unicorn

I had to go in and make the guy working there set up the store's DS for the distribution. And a bunch of people had to wait in line while he did it. Haha! No shame.

I stood and downloaded two of them while deflecting his X and/or Y preorder suggestions.

NERRRRRD!!!

I'll be there tomorrow.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know, I was kind of apprehensive about Mysterious Dungeon 3DS because of the low Pokemon count but, the more I think about it, the less it bugs me because, honestly, in most Mysterious Dungeons I don't really end up using anyone bar my Starters and one or two additional partners. I'll probably just use Tepig, Oshawott, the Dunsparce that joins you, and Palpitoad, lol.

And I'm looking over it on Serebii, and listening to the music, and I'm starting to anticipate it more and more...can't wait for the demo! The only thing keeping me from getting it is probably the fact Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming. That and I feel it's EXTREMELY LIKELY they'll be giving us an updated, more Pokemon version soon.

JoeM86

You know, I was kind of apprehensive about Mysterious Dungeon 3DS because of the low Pokemon count but, the more I think about it, the less it bugs me because, honestly, in most Mysterious Dungeons I don't really end up using anyone bar my Starters and one or two additional partners. I'll probably just use Tepig, Oshawott, the Dunsparce that joins you, and Palpitoad, lol.

And I'm looking over it on Serebii, and listening to the music, and I'm starting to anticipate it more and more...can't wait for the demo! The only thing keeping me from getting it is probably the fact Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming. That and I feel it's EXTREMELY LIKELY they'll be giving us an updated, more Pokemon version soon.

I'm really not a fan of the Dungeon games but I did enjoy the new stuff brought to it. It's a good enough game. The more annoying Dungeon mechanics are left to the last few dungeons thankfully. The only problem with the low Pokémon count is that it makes each new dungeon seem the same

Maybe I should take a look at the 3DS Mystery Dungeon sometime soon, if I can find a used copy of it.

Also...

The more I look at Zorua, the more I think... why a head so big?

Macka

The only problem with the low Pokémon count is that it makes each new dungeon seem the same
This is the clincher for me. I didn't mind Explorers of Darkness, but if it weren't for the differing Pokemon in each dungeon I doubt I would have been able to stick with it all the way. The core formula is repetitive at the best of times and seeing the same Pokes all the time would make it even worse.

Azure J

Got Black 2 about three or so weeks ago and left it just sitting there unplayed, still neatly packaged while I took care of other things and played other games. I start playing them on Tuesdays when I have to take my sis into Manhattan for her art classes to pass the time on the train ride there. Fast forward to last week and it's like everything has become secondary to grinding out the game and creating my "me" team.

Why does Pokemon still have this effect on me so many years later? :lol

Tangent: I don't think I can make teams without both Eelektross and Hydreigon on them anymore (and to slightly lesser extent, Volcarona and Levanny). I just love them. :lol

Got Black 2 about three or so weeks ago and left it just sitting there unplayed, still neatly packaged while I took care of other things and played other games. I start playing them on Tuesdays when I have to take my sis into Manhattan for her art classes to pass the time on the train ride there. Fast forward to last week and it's like everything has become secondary to grinding out the game and creating my "me" team.

Why does Pokemon still have this effect on me so many years later? :lol

That's probably the charm of Pokémon working very well. Pokémon has wide appeal to almost everyone, be it young or old, new or experienced, casual or hard-core. There's something for everyone.

I think I'm rather glad that I have Pokémon, to be honest. I don't even know where I would be without Pokémon being a total distraction all day.

Top Bottom