• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Pun names are best names (I would know).

Sir Perior

Serhyperior

Coolness Overlord

Roirepres

Doug

Also consider getting a personal blog so that the more judgemental side of GAF doesn't get all up in your face for sharing your thoughts.

Aggrotek

Made another avatar:

dTeFz9I.png

Stage On

Well it looks like Pokemon Adventures Vol 41 is finally out in Singapor.

Too bad the shipping to get it is more expensive then ever :(

Unicorn

Man, trying to level up my level 40 and 46 guys in White. And this scaled XP gain is such bullshit. Way to make it even more of a grind.

:( I just want to trade my old teams over. I've hated the whole "campaign" of White. I just want the new abilities and moves at my disposal post - game.

Refyref

Man, trying to level up my level 40 and 46 guys in White. And this scaled XP gain is such bullshit. Way to make it even more of a grind.

:( I just want to trade my old teams over. I've hated the whole "campaign" of White. I just want the new abilities and moves at my disposal post - game.

IMO, scaled XP gain was the best thing in that game, along with Audino. I also loved the campaign.

ffdgh

It would help to know where you are in the game right now lol.

Tho it seems like you're at victory road, the obvious answer would be to run back and foward on route 18 for shaking grass to ko some audino.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The only thing I didn't like about the new EXP System is how you couldn't level up till after the Tutorial. :(

Magnus

IMO, scaled XP gain was the best thing in that game, along with Audino. I also loved the campaign.

Scaled XP? What's everyone talking about?

Don't traded Pokémon (that is, using Pokémon that you didn't just catch yourself) always have boosted experience gain? Or did something change in Gen V or BW2 specifically?

ffdgh

Scaled XP? What's everyone talking about?

Don't traded Pokémon (that is, using Pokémon that you didn't just catch yourself) always have boosted experience gain? Or did something change in Gen V or BW2 specifically?

pokemon gain exp based on their and other pokemon's level.

If the pokemon you're battling has a higher level, more exp is gained.

Works in reverse too.

Wichu

pokemon gain exp based on their and other pokemon's level.

If the pokemon you're battling has a higher level, more exp is gained.

Works in reverse too.

It's SO GOOD. I'm still trying to break my record for 'most exp. gained at once'; my current high score is just over 100,000. I think it's possible to go from level 1 to level 64 with just one KO.

ffdgh

It's SO GOOD. I'm still trying to break my record for 'most exp. gained at once'; my current high score is just over 100,000. I think it's possible to go from level 1 to level 64 with just one KO.

It's such a joy that the nurse/doctors in the sports domes in bw2 have chanseys now instead of audinos. Instant 100k exp ftw XD.

Watch Da Birdie

I'd love an "EXP Pedometer" Hold Item next Gen.

Like, you attach it to a Pokemon and, everytime you take a step, it gains 1 EXP. Like how the Daycare works, except you'd be notified when it levels up so it wouldn't have moves automatically overwritten and evolution skipped.

ffdgh

Black tower/white treehollow are such good places to grind levels and money it's insane. A shame nothing will probably replace them in the first versions of X&Y

Unicorn

Explain plzz.

I vaguely remember Audino does something with EXP, but I took a White hiatus for over a year and have been on and off with SoulSilver.

220+ hours in SS
32 in White....

I am right outside the Elite 4 and my pokemon are 48 or below. I want them around 50+ to sweep up.

I'd love an "EXP Pedometer" Hold Item next Gen.

Like, you attach it to a Pokemon and, everytime you take a step, it gains 1 EXP. Like how the Daycare works, except you'd be notified when it levels up so it wouldn't have moves automatically overwritten and evolution skipped.

Part of the reason the Pokewalker is so great.
Plus, Happiness.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually think you're already in the "fine" level. I think late 40's/early 50's should be enough to tackle Elite 4
and Plasma
. I didn't do much grinding to take on E4.

Audinos give high EXP drops even if you have a high level over it but Chansey line of course are better at dropping EXP.

Unicorn

It would help to know where you are in the game right now lol.

Tho it seems like you're at victory road, the obvious answer would be to run back and foward on route 18 for shaking grass to ko some audino.

Where is route 18? Highest I find is Route 16. How do I get grass to shake?

I feel like a 50 year old now. WTF

Lol
Where is route 18? Highest I find is Route 16. How do I get grass to shake?

I feel like a 50 year old now. WTF
Route 18 is on the right side of Unova. As for the grass, it's just a matter of running back and forth until you hear rustling, and then finding the shaking patch of grass.

MikeMyers

I'm like halfway done with Kanto, and I;m at Level 45.

I have no idea how to train for Red, trade to Platinum and grind with their?

I'm like halfway done with Kanto, and I;m at Level 45.

I have no idea how to train for Red, trade to Platinum and grind with their?
I think you could work on rematches with gym leaders/E4 - their teams get bumps to 60, and get filled out more. Though for the gym leaders, you'll have to get their number and call them to set up the matches:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml
Aight guys. It was nice hanging out for a while...

Maybe I'll see you next thread.

Shit's getting too weird now.
Oh come on now.

Watch Da Birdie

So...latest non-Mr. XY rumor on /vp/ claims CoroCoro reveals...

*Mewtwo has amnesia in the film and considers all of humanity an enemy.
*Sylveon is the Spring Wind Pokemon. Pure-Flying, Female who evolves through reaching a "fever pitch" bond with another Pokemon alluding to some new mechanic.
*Xerneas is the CHI Pokemon, Psychic/Ground, and Yveltal is the PSI Pokemon, Fighting/Flying.
*Tauros pre-evolution based off the Altair Star named Altaros, Wynaut split-evolution/Wobbuffet counterpart based off a tsukkomi whose name is "Yamemasu", "I'll quit", and a Torkoal train-based evolution named Koorain.
*In the show a book-reading Sableye steals Ash's Pokedex, and Cilan becomes a Kamen Sommelier when he teams up with a Nuzleaf in the Nature Sanctuary. Virgil returns and helps protect it from Team Rocket.

0.o

*Sylveon is the Spring Wind Pokemon. Pure-Flying, Female who evolves through reaching a "fever pitch" bond with another Pokemon alluding to some new mechanic.
*Xerneas is the CHI Pokemon, Psychic/Ground, and Yveltal is the PSI Pokemon, Fighting/Flying.
*Tauros pre-evolution based off the Altair Star named Altaros, Wynaut split-evolution/Wobbuffet counterpart based off a tsukkomi whose name is "Yamemasu", "I'll quit", and a Torkoal train-based evolution named Koorain.
*In the show a book-reading Sableye steals Ash's Pokedex, and Cilan becomes a Kamen Sommelier when he teams up with a Nuzleaf in the Nature Sanctuary. Virgil returns and helps protect it from Team Rocket.

0.o
Man, people are trying real hard with rumors these days, lol

I read the whole thing, but I sort of glazed over at "Red and Blue" - would've been Red/Green really.

0.o

Is he done? Hasn't he had his 15 minutes of fame?

To be quite honest, I'm more interested to know about where this guy gets the time to come up with this stuff than the lies themselves.

Think of it as your own personal chesto berry.

I wish Scrafty learned Amnesia.

Because I'd rather wipe my memory of that GIF than close my eyes knowing it's out there.

Top Bottom