• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

I think you could work on rematches with gym leaders/E4 - their teams get bumps to 60, and get filled out more. Though for the gym leaders, you'll have to get their number and call them to set up the matches:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml

Oh come on now.

Thanks, so far beaten 3 of the Kanto gyms: Surge (with Meganium), Erika (with Ninetails), and Sabrina (with Gyarados).

Sandslash should beat Blaine, Meganium for Misty, Skarmory for Janine, and Meganium for Brock.

1. Throw out so many rumors that a certain percentage will turn out true.
2. Take that percentage, screencap it, and post a thread with that pic saying "hey, this guy was telling the truth after all".
3. ???
4. CONFIRMED

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is he done? Hasn't he had his 15 minutes of fame?

To be quite honest, I'm more interested to know about where this guy gets the time to come up with this stuff than the lies themselves.

Nah, this was posted by someone else and contradicts the Mr. XY stuff (which he promised we'd get confirmation via March 15th being the announcement of a Pinsir and Heracross baby) since Sylveon was NORMAL in that "leaked list".

Watch Da Birdie

Man, people are trying real hard with rumors these days, lol

I read the whole thing, but I sort of glazed over at "Red and Blue" - would've been Red/Green really.

Someone brought that up in the thread. Dude said he used english names for simplicity (thus Melee instead of DX), and the picture was of the JPN Blue Mewtwo sprite.

1. Throw out so many rumors that a certain percentage will turn out true.
2. Take that percentage, screencap it, and post a thread with that pic saying "hey, this guy was telling the truth after all".
3. ???
4. CONFIRMED

Oh gods I can actually see this happening. Remember how many people were dead-set on the "Rainbow" rumors being true? This would be that, only 10x more annoying.

Nah, this was posted by someone else and contradicts the Mr. XY stuff (which he promised we'd get confirmation via March 15th being the announcement of a Pinsir and Heracross baby) since Sylveon was NORMAL in that "leaked list".

Excellent. To be quite honest, I'm spiteful because I know deep down inside that Mr. XY might be right, and that Gen VI's new roster might not be up to snuff.

Also if he's right it means that he works at GameFreak/Nintendo and I don't.

It's funny how some people are like, the best thing about an evolution is getting another Eviolite user.

Which makes me think again about the direction next gen will take competitively - at the very least, I'll have fun reading through the changelog ([BUFF] Leech Life Power 15 -> 40)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of baby Pokemon, they should really improve them. Only a few are good, for instance Riolu.

They should really make good, unlearnable moves be available for them so that people won't evolve them so quickly.

Don't quote it! Now I'll have to look at it every time I visit my home ;~;

EDIT: Good. All better now.

Don't worry, I realized the error so I rectified it.

Watch Da Birdie

At the very least, the Mr. XY guy isn't prolonging the rumor by giving us a solid date and no room for error with the names.

I HATE how people shoot down every evolution now though with "but but but eviolite!". I hope GameFreak nerfs it, and then introduces evolutions for Shuckle and Starmie. >.<

Peaceful is another word for boring.

Or something.

Mio wouldn't think so.

BBnqUrL.gif

Watch Da Birdie

Hmm, seems to have fallen off the front page - I'll go over it again to nitpick :V

Only thing I noticed was the official summary for the Mini Movie mentions an "Eevee House", but it's a possibility this house is located within the giant central park Kunihiko Yuyama mentioned would be featured within the film which this rumors mentions as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At the very least, the Mr. XY guy isn't prolonging the rumor by giving us a solid date and no room for error with the names.

I HATE how people shoot down every evolution now though with "but but but eviolite!". I hope GameFreak nerfs it, and then introduces evolutions for Shuckle and Starmie. >.<

Eviolite is fun :<

In fact, I'm waiting for an offense version of it :3

Oh, you know what would be fun - going off that "bonds between Pokemon" speculative thing, just throw in something akin to the support system from FE:A, where Pokemon that battle together more often will boost each other's stats:

L0: 0%
L1: 3%
L2: 6%
L3: 10%

At max level (say, 20 or more battles), a Pokemon will give a 10% boost to one of its partner's/teammates' stats in a Double/Triple Battle, depending on its highest stat (like Heracross giving a 10% bonus to the Attack stat).

Watch Da Birdie

Oh, you know what would be fun - going off that "bonds between Pokemon" speculative thing, just throw in something akin to the support system from FE:A, where Pokemon that battle together more often will boost each other's stats:

L0: 0%
L1: 3%
L2: 6%
L3: 10%

At max level (say, 20 or more battles), a Pokemon will give a 10% boost to one of its partner's/teammates' stats in a Double/Triple Battle, depending on its highest stat (like Heracross giving a 10% bonus to the Attack stat).

I wanna see that. :)
In fact, there's a lot of things in FE:A I'd like to see in XY.

Or, perhaps having some sort of "support meter" that, when it's full, allows you to switch to the other Pokemon and use a move in the same turn without penalty.

Magnus

pokemon gain exp based on their and other pokemon's level.

If the pokemon you're battling has a higher level, more exp is gained.

Works in reverse too.

So level disparity is a factor now? Damn. I mean, so say a Level 5 Pokemon gained "X" xp from sharing in a Level 50 kill back in Gen IV. What would the kill be worth in Gen V? 1.5X? Even greater?

And this applies to a Pokemon gaining experience via Exp Share as well? Or will this require the tried and true bait/switch method to get a low level Pokémon a wad of xp from something very high level?

So level disparity is a factor now? Damn. I mean, so say a Level 5 Pokemon gained "X" xp from sharing in a Level 50 kill back in Gen IV. What would the kill be worth in Gen V? 1.5X? Even greater?

And this applies to a Pokemon gaining experience via Exp Share as well? Or will this require the tried and true bait/switch method to get a low level Pokémon a wad of xp from something very high level?
You would get a *lot* of experience. Like say... if you solo'd a lv. 50 Audino with a lv. 5 (possible if you use a Ghost type), you could gain 10-15 levels off that one battle. Even more if you make use of the Lucky Egg you get for free.

I'm not sure about Exp. Share though - maybe it splits up the base exp. among the participants, then applies scaling to the amount afterwards.

MikeMyers

I wonder if I can troll Red with Destiny Bond Gengar?

1. Ground type
2. Gengar
3-6 Death Fodder.

Earthquake Pikachu.
Destiny Bond Gengar the next
Use Death Fodder as chance to revive Gengar

repeat

Unicorn

MikeMyers! I just got another Dream World Magikarp from the Global Link. And it's a female! Think of all the Moxie Gyarados I could breed!
Guess who wants to leech off your spoils!

Also, Gamestop didn't have the DS set up and I wasn't going to ask. Also also, they no longer sell GBA games so no Emerald for me via them.

Guess who wants to leech off your spoils!

Also, Gamestop didn't have the DS set up and I wasn't going to ask. Also also, they no longer sell GBA games so no Emerald for me via them.

I can trade you one now if you'd like.

I got you a female so it can pass the ability down, so remember you have to breed it with another Pokémon in the Egg Group. You can't use Ditto!

Stage On

So...latest non-Mr. XY rumor on /vp/ claims CoroCoro reveals...

*Mewtwo has amnesia in the film and considers all of humanity an enemy.

Man that would be such a cop out if true.

Thought it would be kind of ironic. Last time Ash met him, Ash was the one with his memory of Mewtwo erased. This time it would be the other way around.

ffdgh

....It's amazing how thing get weird overnight lol.
As for the rumor guy, I`ll laugh if he turns into another lupinko.

Excellent. To be quite honest, I'm spiteful because I know deep down inside that Mr. XY might be right, and that Gen VI's new roster might not be up to snuff.

He isn't right. These sort of leaks really don't happen, and particularly not this early.

If he was legit, he'd have been shut down the second any legit info had hit the web.

JoeM86

If the Gen VI Pokémon listings were to leak, it'd be in September...it wouldn't be now. It's far too early. As I have posited previously, it'd be a bit before the localisation teams even begin work

Personal Rule #5: Ignore leaks and rumours. They're almost certainly false. The more details people put into it, the less likely it is.

Why did I train up a probopass without levitate. fucking earthquake

Probopass doesn't get levitate :p

Top Bottom