• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Neo Child

Banned
If the Gen VI Pokémon listings were to leak, it'd be in September...it wouldn't be now. It's far too early. As I have posited previously, it'd be a bit before the localisation teams even begin work

Personal Rule #5: Ignore leaks and rumours. They're almost certainly false. The more details people put into it, the less likely it is.

Probopass doesn't get levitate :p

magnet rise i meant. i have steel pull. great.

turns out i meant sturdy. so i can thunderwave and get at least 1 hit in.

Macka

Man that would be such a cop out if true.

Thought it would be kind of ironic. Last time Ash met him, Ash was the one with his memory of Mewtwo erased. This time it would be the other way around.
Last time Ash met Mewtwo was in Mewtwo Returns, right? Ash kept his memories of that time, so he'll know who Mewtwo is when he sees him.

Stage On

Last time Ash met Mewtwo was in Mewtwo Returns, right? Ash kept his memories of that time, so he'll know who Mewtwo is when he sees him.

He should remember but knowing the writers I wouldn't be surprised if they either forgot or if they deliberately chose to ignore the continuity since it's so old.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did someone post these? An attempt to bring over the negotiations from SMT to Pokemon

tumblr_miklm2BJRL1rqhy23o1_1280.png

tumblr_miklm2BJRL1rqhy23o2_1280.png

tumblr_miklm2BJRL1rqhy23o3_1280.png

tumblr_miklm2BJRL1rqhy23o4_1280.png

tumblr_miklm2BJRL1rqhy23o5_1280.png

JoeM86

He should remember but knowing the writers I wouldn't be surprised if they either forgot or if they deliberately chose to ignore the continuity since it's so old.

The Charizard episode and the fact they're bringing Mewtwo back is evidence to the contrary. Why would they do that and then choose to ignore it. Give the writers some credit.

Hell, Pokémon is one of few shows that rarely actually has continuity errors. Only time it really has was due to the episodes being reordered after Pikachu injured all those kids in the Porygon episode

I'm more laughing at Ninfia for actually using its ribbons as tentacles.
Actually, it seems to be landing, as if just coming down from a flight. Right before that, Pikachu/Axew/Oshawott/Pansage appear to be looking up at it in the sky. And then there's the cloud behind the short's logo...

Flying-type Eeveelution confirmed?

Korosenai

Actually, it seems to be landing, as if just coming down from a flight. Right before that, Pikachu/Axew/Oshawott/Pansage appear to be looking up at it in the sky. And then there's the cloud behind the short's logo...

Nice username lol

Sylveon is a helicopter type pokemon confirmed.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, that deconfirms last night's rumor. Although, it does seem like Sylveon PROBABLY is Flying-type.

Also, Sableye is mentioned to debut in the film, not in the show, so it won't be caught by Ash unless they go for the first ever movie "canon capture".

Well, back to seeing if Mr. XY is right. He did mention a Sableye evolution. :#

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Hmm okay that works!

Yeah, Sylveon looks wayyy different from the other Eevee-lutions.

Nah it's the eyes really. If its eyes aren't that too "noticeable" in color (like say, any dark shade) it wouldn't look different.

I think it's adorable how Sylveon uses its ribbons like appendages. It adds so much personality.

Also, if they tweaked the eyes a little it'd be indistinguishable from other Eeveelutions. They're more round than the others', and it's throwing people off.

zroid

Banned
Honestly if I saw them all for the first time and you asked me which was the odd one out, I would probably say Umbreon.

Boss Doggie

I giggle whenever I play Pokemon Dream World. I always imagine huge mons like Groudon being put in a huge bed.

I think it's adorable how Sylveon uses its ribbons like appendages. It adds so much personality.

Also, if they tweaked the eyes a little it'd be indistinguishable from other Eeveelutions. They're more round than the others', and it's throwing people off.

I'd say its eyes are pretty much similar. It's the color that throws people off.

Umbreon is similar to Sylveon in looking "different" as well.

I giggle whenever I play Pokemon Dream World. I always imagine huge mons like Groudon being put in a huge bed.

I'd say its eyes are pretty much similar. It's the color that throws people off.

Umbreon is similar to Sylveon in looking "different" as well.

I dunno man; its eyes seem more egg-shaped than circular or ovular like the others. It's friggin' adorable, but there's no doubt that it's different from the average Eeveelution.

I love its colour palette as well. It's so vibrant and lively.

zroid

Banned
I dunno man; its eyes seem more egg-shaped than circular or ovular like the others. It's friggin' adorable, but there's no doubt that it's different from the average Eeveelution.

I love its colour palette as well. It's so vibrant and lively.

I stand by what I said a while ago that it looks like the most "direct" succession of Eevee. The shapes of their eyes corroborate this.

zroid

Banned
I think you could make a good case for Flareon, although I believe that was more an artefact of laziness, and they probably weren't thinking about this in much detail back then.

There are a few specific details about Sylveon (and also how it was revealed) that suggest it might be unique in its relationship to Eevee from the others. That's just my crazy theory, though.

Stuff like its posture in the original artwork, the shape and orientation of key features, and its typing all strike me as clues.

Korosenai

The thing I don't like about Sylveon, is that when you look at it, you have no idea what type it is.

You look at Flareon, yep it's fire. You look at Espeon, yep it's psychic. You look at Leafeon, yep it's grass. Then you look at Sylveon and have no idea.

Boss Doggie

Actually the only "fire" thing about Flareon is that it's red. :p

Sylveon can actually pass for flying or water as well since it didn't look "icey" enough. And I honestly like it when you can't tell the type for Eeveelution.

Top Bottom