• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Korosenai

Heh, well yeah, except Xerneas isn't in Pokedex 3D Pro. ;P

Also:

tumblr_mj61zx01o21s7113zo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mj61zx01o21s7113zo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mj61zx01o21s7113zo4_r1_500.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So why do people think that CoroCoro 'leak' is fake?

Because it always is.

We've had the same pattern of Coro Coro leaks for a decade now. There are no "insiders" posting legitimate leaks to /vp/, just people going for the attention. We'll know the Coro Coro information when someone gets their copy early on the 11th-13th and posts the scans, much as we've done for years now.

GAMERG0D

Because it always is.

We've had the same pattern of Coro Coro leaks for a decade now. There are no "insiders" posting legitimate leaks to /vp/, just people going for the attention. We'll know the Coro Coro information when someone gets their copy early on the 11th-13th and posts the scans, much as we've done for years now.
Aw okay. That Torkoal thing sounded beast.

Unicorn

So, I'm a little pissed.

After spending all that time getting my Trick Room team together and my friend won't battle me because I EV trained. He's got it set in his mind that EV training is this insane advantage.

He wouldn't play, just to see my fucking team. I just wanted to surprise him with my team members and the fact that it was a Trick Room team.

This is petty, but after spending the past month and a half of my free time building this shit, it feels like it was all for nothing.

MikeMyers

240 +Spd nature Empoleon outruns you then subs up.

252 Ev +Speed Nature Flareon always outspeeds and still OHKO's if I have a Life Orb.

Speaking of which, just trained up Flareon to Level 90 in preparation for the Red battle.

DESTRUCTION

(Do I need any HM's for Mt. Silver?)

MikeMyers

Probably just Rock Climb.

My team is:

Meganium - Set up Screens
Gengar - Destiny Bond troll
Flareon - for the lols
Red Gyarados - Intimidate & Thunder Wave suppport
Sandslash - Stealth Rock
Skarmory - Spikes

Using Rock Climb means I'll have to give up Sandstream on Sandslash, I was planning on ridding the Hail so he couldn't spam Blizzard.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Old Sugimori art is terrible. COME AT ME.

The Gen II vs IV Ethan is a terrible example btw - both are terrible.

So I went into the inn in the 3DS MD's demo.

I suddenly feel inclined to sing after talking to the innkeeper.

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe!

Aggrotek

Hiya just a heads up, you haven't caught anything in the Ruins of Alph yet. Make sure you head back there eventually! You have a pretty good team right now, hope you do well!

Yea I know. I skipped it on purpose. :p Didn't have any Pokeballs at the time. I might venture back there after the episode I recorded yesterday. :)

Thanks for keeping an eye out!

I don't know, I prefer the newer art style.
It's too bad the anime's art style still resembles more of Sugimori's old style rather than his more unique current style. It's been getting better at it, though.

It looks much better...

What's wrong with the changes? It's not like they changed some story bits or anything...

Am I the only person in here that thinks the "new" is better than the "old"?

Nope. I'll also say the new art style is better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Won't comment on the changes cause, eh, they both have their charms, but I thought hoopy hair Nurse Joy was exclusive to Unova? Now they're saying all Nurse Joys are like that?

JoeM86

http://kotaku.com/5989381/oh-my-how-the-pokmon-anime-has-changed

Old? My God, they've totally raped the Pokemon anime. :/

No they haven't. I fully prefer the current art style. It allows for much more freedom in battles. In the old eps, battles were so static. They were just clips of them using moves over and over, sometimes in real time. In one episode I watched recently, it had Misty's Poliwhirl use Bubblebeam, using the exact same animation THREE TIMES in the same episode. Nowadays, it's almost always in real time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually the new humans look better.

Nostalgic folk as shown in Kotaku forgot the terrible off-model scenes in the old show.

Think the reintroduction of Charizard in the anime hints at anything for Pokemon X and Y? Maybe previous starters will finally be catchable in the wild.

Top Bottom