• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Well it usually is only for one episode, this time he is keeping it with him for what seems to be the rest of the season.
If Ash survives to the end of the season, that is.

ITghbV9.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
No they haven't. I fully prefer the current art style. It allows for much more freedom in battles. In the old eps, battles were so static. They were just clips of them using moves over and over, sometimes in real time. In one episode I watched recently, it had Misty's Poliwhirl use Bubblebeam, using the exact same animation THREE TIMES in the same episode. Nowadays, it's almost always in real time.

No way, Best Wishes has been HORRIBLE with stock-footage.

Like, the Burgh Gym Battle. It's horrid in that episode.

Someone better work on their Love Ball explanation~

Every Pokémon website should update their information on Love Balls, effective immediately.

Aggrotek said:
I got my Poké Balls back from, uhh...from Kurt. They were Love Balls...which, uhhh...Love Balls are...they work better on Pokémon of a different, uhhh...ummm...What do you call it? Like, Pokémon that...I can't talk! Thaaaat are a different gender of the one that, uh (I don't need that many I don't think...ohh, just in case). But yeah, Pokémon that are of a different gender than your, your Pokémon that you have out. They, uh (I'm gonna get some Repels...eight of them). But yeah, so it doubles the catch rate I guess, if your Pokémon is a different gender of the other Pokémon.

Which is, you know, okay. It's better than a regular Poké Ball.

Haha, somebody was a little distracted thinking of what they wanted to shop for. :p

Aggrotek said:
But yeah, so it doubles the catch rate I guess, if your Pokémon is a different gender of the other Pokémon.

It actually increases the catch rate by 8x if used on a Pokémon of the same species as, but opposite gender of, the player's Pokémon. So it's only good if you're making repeat catches, which is completely useless in this run!

Aggrotek said:
Which is, you know, okay. It's better than a regular Poké Ball.

In this run it's actually the same as a regular Poké Ball!

Aggrotek

To prove to Aggro that I am indeed subscribed to his channel, here is his newest video, just uploaded minutes ago:

Heart Gold Randomizer Nuzlocke - Episode 6: Stupid

I'm on top of things!

:p I didn't say I didn't believe you!

Every Pokémon website should update their information on Love Balls, effective immediately.

Haha, somebody was a little distracted thinking of what they wanted to shop for. :p

Also this is mean, and I take it as flattery because you took the time to transcribe everything that I said.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I can't stand the wait.

In any case there are people who will defends terrible animation if it's part of their childhood.

Unicorn

Man I can't stand the wait.

In any case there are people who will defends terrible animation if it's part of their childhood.
To be fair, wasn't it initially hand drawn and now it's computer generated. At least that's what skimming comments from the Kotaku article tell me.

To be fair, wasn't it initially hand drawn and now it's computer generated. At least that's what skimming comments from the Kotaku article tell me.

Sone of these comments are just plain wrong.

These days, it's common for something to be drawn in digital media. It's still hand-drawn for the actual scene, but the medium has changes.

:p I didn't say I didn't believe you!

Also this is mean, and I take it as flattery because you took the time to transcribe everything that I said.

I'm not being mean! I genuinely enjoyed that part because I could tell you were more focused on buying stuff than talking. I don't think I could handle commentating on a game while simultaneously playing it. I'd stay distracted the entire time!

Aggrotek

I'm not being mean! I genuinely enjoyed that part because I could tell you were more focused on buying stuff than talking. I don't think I could handle commentating on a game while simultaneously playing it. I'd stay distracted the entire time!

I was just joking. :p

It gets hard sometimes. lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Depends - would you consider drawing using a tablet hand-drawn or computer made?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The anime during hoenn was mixed. It started off really bad (the first season is probably the worst season overall) and it definitely has the worst league fight.

Battle Frontier is really quite good...but it's not really Hoenn now, is it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Water routes are about a quarter of the entire map. They are actually only my second biggest problem with the game. The real issue is that there is no good place to level at all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I liked the Hoenn League.

The battle with Katie was AMAZING. Even Pikachu vs. Meowth was a cool fight.

Just finished EV training a new Arcanine!

CnWxcqf.png

Still a few levels away from ExtremeSpeed.

Stats & Moves
► IVs This Pokémon is likely edited or RNG abused.
► EVs Pokémon is EV trained but not infected with Pokérus.

It wasn't edited or RNG'd, stupid website. :<

And I stopped using Pokérus because it doesn't like that all I have is the default strain. So now instead the issue is I trained without it. It doesn't matter what I do, they complain.

Top Bottom