• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Macka

Well, for me, I always struggle to bring myself to raise Pokémon that don't evolve. It just seems like there is no goal, no accomplishment. For these Pokémon to get pre-evolved forms is a great boon for that.

I know a few people are the same
I dunno...I feel like baby Pokemon of older mons like Pinsir or Heracross are a waste at this point. I wouldn't get excited about it evolving since it'd be changing into a form I'm already familiar with.

Most of the time you can't even catch these baby forms in the wild anyway, which completely defeats the purpose of it :/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I dunno...I feel like baby Pokemon of older mons like Pinsir or Heracross are a waste at this point. I wouldn't get excited about it evolving since it'd be changing into a form I'm already familiar with.

Most of the time you can't even catch these baby forms in the wild anyway, which completely defeats the purpose of it :/

It wouldn't, if they added evolution of Pinsir and Heracross.

Macka

Looking through the Pokedex, the only Pokemon who I think could use baby forms are Kangaskhan and maybe Lapras. Oh, and a baby form that splits into either Tauros or Bouffalant.

Heracross and Pinsir don't need baby forms, and the former certainly doesn't need an evolution.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looking through the Pokedex, the only Pokemon who I think could use baby forms are Kangaskhan and maybe Lapras. Oh, and a baby form that splits into either Tauros or Bouffalant.

Heracross and Pinsir don't need baby forms, and the former certainly doesn't need an evolution.

Don't you mean Miltank? Bouffalants are fine because they have both males and females.

Keyouta

The one thing interesting with XY, as pointed out, is the ability to continuously add new Pokemon to the game moving forward. Now, I don't expect pokemon to be put into the game in mass amounts, it will probably only be legendary/secret/event pokemon, but the fact that this is possible makes things very interesting.

JoeM86

The one thing interesting with XY, as pointed out, is the ability to continuously add new Pokemon to the game moving forward. Now, I don't expect pokemon to be put into the game in mass amounts, it will probably only be legendary/secret/event pokemon, but the fact that this is possible makes things very interesting.

Any new forms added in the third version can then be added via a patch too :)

Cerebrus houndoom sounds awesome. Lets just hope the designs fucking rock and the stats are all there. And my boy dragonite will be available. Leakkkkkkkkkkk

Macka

Don't you mean Miltank? Bouffalants are fine because they have both males and females.
Nope, I meant Bouffalant. I know they are based on different species', but honestly...they look really similar :/ I don't think it's a stretch for them to have a common origin in the Pokemon world.

Pinsir, Quilfish, Sabeleye, Mawile, Absol and Beartic are the evolutions I'm after.

Neo Child

Banned
think of it as this way, enjoy the new coro coro reveals, but go on a blackout once october hits.

im in same boat. any pokemon officially revealed we get to check out, but no checking serebii or whatever when the game hits to find out EVERY SINGLE ONE (which is what i do).

remember checking out serebii when grotle was unveiled and thinking it was fake.

I'm up for seeing some new pokemon on the way to the games release for that extra hype but with the worldwide release there's no way i'm looking up all the new pokemon in the game along with other info like in gens past, I want to walk into the grass and be amazed by the newly discovered pokemon within but i'll absolutely take a glance at those shown before release.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I'll just be happy with Xerneas and Yveltal's typings. Best designed legendaries I've seen so far, so more info on them would be great.
A Mantine evolution wouldn't go unappreciated though... :p

Keyouta

Could do that, the info splurge is always during the weeks before launch.

Joe is essentially my nemesis in this situation.

Yeah I want to do a blackout, but I always get pulled in. I think I'll just do it in Sept or Oct closer to the game's launch. That way the game will be as fresh as possible (for me).

Should be fun!

Make it an electric flying sting ray.
twWIfiS.jpg

Top Bottom