• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Anyone got that Bleach Cynthia GIF?

FLxD2aH.gif

JazzmanZ

As long as Dunsparce stays shitty, I'm ok.

or will it?

Mar. 11th 2013.

Nintendo Announces today a brand new Pokemon for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, an evolution of Dunsparce, named Redunsparce.

"We believe the fans have wanted this for a long time, Dunsparce is no longer a shitty pokemon."

When asked by fans where the Farfetch'd evolution is, the Nintendo rep replied: "no one likes that shitty pokemon"

Pretty sure the only person in the universe who likes Dunsparce is ScraftyD, and he's a 5th gen fanboy sooooooooooooooooooooo it's not like I can take him seriously.
OFWkigV.gif

Neo Child

Banned
Pretty sure the only person in the universe who likes Dunsparce is ScraftyD, and he's a 5th gen fanboy sooooooooooooooooooooo it's not like I can take him seriously.
OFWkigV.gif

someone in the PWT had a dunsparce and is the reason i lost.

i dont even know how. im crap at pwt. tried it so many times, only beaten the kanto and unova ones on rotation battle (cause its advantageous usually) - does that still count when trying to unlock the champions?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I believe when Black and White came out, a Japanese Pokemon Magazine ran a poll:

Among the top winners were Stunfisk, Vanilluxe, and Tympole.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Rumors say CoroCoro contains three New Pokemon judging by sticker set, plus Starters, Legendaries, and Sylveon with types written out next to them on the sheet.

Meruhen Rumors from earlier seem to be true. Sylveon is Meruhen, Xerneas Meruhen/Grass, and Yveltal Meruhen/Fire. Meruhen Pokemon appear to be based on fairy-tale stories.

モンモモ - Monmomo. Little Peach Sumo Wrestler. Grass/Meruhen. Momotaro reference?

ウメット - Umetto. Cute yellow creature wearing a knight helmet. Steel/Meruhen. Fairy-tale origin not clear.

ハウルフ - Hauruhu. Large, wolf-like creature with a red cape. Dark/Meruhen. Red Riding Hood reference.

I just saw the rumor. I thought it was interesting but more likely false.

Watch Da Birdie

Palpitoad is my favorite Unova Pokemon, though. Seismitoad rocks too. I've got high hopes for Froakie too.

I think the Tympole thing is sort of a meme...in Japanese fan-art, they love to throw Tympole in to the background of pics...or replace people's faces with its face.

I will say this. It would be weird for GF to cover up slyveons type only for it only be normal. New typings and the games being 3D with more dynamic battles could really bring a breath of fresh air to the series. Im down for it all.

braves01

Banned
With the added depth of 3D, front and back battle positions would be cool.

Front row would have higher physical damage or something and there could be moves the push or pull Pokemon out of position.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I like the fairy tale rumour. Would make for some nice 'mons.
Guess we'll see tomorrow...

Watch Da Birdie

Wow, I haven't heard much about the new Mysterious Dungeon game when it comes to plot but, I just watched a scene on Youtube and, wow, this is the first Pokemon Game where we see a Pokemon violently (well, no blood) die.

Kyurem freezes a Pokemon, and then literally smashes it into bits

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This one seem more reasonable rumor.

>Xerneas is Psychic/Dark type. Pokémon X exclusive Pokémon confirmed.
>Yveltal is Poison/Fighting type. Pokémon Y exclusive Pokémon confirmed.
>Sylveon is Flying type. Eevee evolves to Sylveon knowing Fly (move).
>Professor Reddodo and Netchu, the new rival are introduced. Netchu is redhead and wears a blue jacket. Reddodo and him are friends?
>The new pokédex resembles a tablet.
>New Pokémon Gagoirrugure Normal/Flying. Gargoyle pokémon.

NOT

Aggrotek

This seems pretty cool. Nice layout you got going on. Are you recording your audio whilst playing, though? That will probably make for some fun panic noise if your Pokemon come close to death, but it kinda leads to you sounding somewhat... stilted? Not terribly so, but have you considered recording your commentary after recording the game footage?

I'd really rather not do that. Live is fun too. You should watch all the episodes, there are some moments where I freak out. lol

What do you mean that I sound stilted?

I'd really rather not do that. Live is fun too. You should watch all the episodes, there are some moments where I freak out. lol

What do you mean that I sound stilted?

Just at the beginning of that specific episode. I started from the beginning of the run, and you sound better. I dig it!

Also, this randomiser hack is pretty awesome, although I'm surprised you haven't died more if literally anything can pop up in the wild.

Aggrotek

Just at the beginning of that specific episode. I started from the beginning of the run, and you sound better. I dig it!

Also, this randomiser hack is pretty awesome, although I'm surprised you haven't died more if literally anything can pop up in the wild.

Oh I think that was just because I forgot what episode I was on. lol
Yea it'll be dangerous later on when the Legends are actually above level 10.

Keyouta

As a heads up, the "It Begins" thread with that image up on /vp/ is fake.

I'm so sure that I'll even post it here.

1. No furigana over the kanji, corocoro is a children's magazine.

2. The rainbow effect on the picture, as if taken offscreen from a monitor.

Watch Da Birdie

Someone just posted a clearer picture of that "scan" too, so it's obvious they made it on their computer and took a camera pic of it.

Keyouta

Yeah there's no doubt that it's fake. I do like the art, though as some people on /vp/ have said, it seems to be taken from/based off of Cheren's art.

Top Bottom