• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

You guys made me nostalgic, so I went and found my guides.

Look upon the page that first made me a believer:

OfVUCW5.jpg

Those amazing stats! How could you say no to that?

daripad

Hi guys, I am happy because I finally caught mewtwo and lugia in my Heart Gold cartridge :) Now I have 313 Pokemon in my black 2 pokedex

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm...joe said to expect a bunch of pokes though. Or did i read that wrong?

There's a sticker set with XY Pokemon.

But we don't know if they're new NEW Pokemon, or just the Starters, Legendaries, and Sylveon that we already know about. This one Twitter girl said something about a "Minezumi (Patrat) look-alike" apparently though.

Apparently there's nothing new on the cover, atleast...iirc usually New Pokemon are on the cover or silhouetted.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's a sticker set with XY Pokemon.

But we don't know if they're new NEW Pokemon, or just the Starters, Legendaries, and Sylveon that we already know about. This one Twitter girl said something about a "Minezumi (Patrat) look-alike" apparently though.

Apparently there's nothing new on the cover, atleast...iirc usually New Pokemon are on the cover or silhouetted.

Even if they're commons?

Watch Da Birdie

Even if they're commons?

Not all of them, but I recall June 2010 having like Darmanitan on it. If there's multiple New Pokemon, I imagine one would make the front.

And CoroCoro which revealed Dialga and Palkia way back in 2008 had Drapion, Pachirisu, and Cherrim on it alongside the box legends. We actually got a small cover of that from an official site a few days before it came out and everyone tried to make them out.

entremet

The Pokemon Company puts out really high quality guides I must admit. I have a hard time shelling out for them because I was conditioned by Gamefaq/Serebii/Bulbapedia to have free information.

But the B2W2 guides were really comprehensive.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not all of them, but I recall June 2010 having like Darmanitan on it. If there's multiple New Pokemon, I imagine one would make the front.

And CoroCoro which revealed Dialga and Palkia way back in 2008 had Drapion, Pachirisu, and Cherrim on it alongside the box legends. We actually got a small cover of that from an official site a few days before it came out and everyone tried to make them out.

Ahh interesting.

But man, even if it's just one Pokemon, the wait is still...

Aggrotek

The Pokemon Company puts out really high quality guides I must admit. I have a hard time shelling out for them because I was conditioned by Gamefaq/Serebii/Bulbapedia to have free information.

I agree. I usually only by Stratguides when I really love the game and want to collect it.

zroid

Banned
If there's a hardcover guide for X/Y, I'll probably bite. I can't bring myself to buy paperback guides these days because it's no fun collecting those.

If there's a hardcover guide for X/Y, I'll probably bite. I can't bring myself to buy paperback guides these days because it's no fun collecting those.

They probably will. They had one for Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Though the only problem is I wonder if they will still be using the Japanese guides as the base since this time it's a worldwide launch.

Watch Da Birdie

Yveltal is Flying/Fighting/Dark
Xerneas is Normal/Electric/Psychic
Sylveon is Bug

Mewtwo has a new Psychic/Electric Form.

Now I think 2chan's messing with us, lol.

Magnus

So, fuck. I have a gigantic amount of Pokémon on my original White 1 cart. I have tons more on my Black 1, and now, building everything slowly but surely on my Black 2.

....moving these all over to the Black 2 cart is going to be a colossal pain in the ass, isn't it. There's obviously no transfer option as per Gen 4 to 5, right? Holy fuck. This is going to take ages.

Does any kind of tool exist to mass transfer via the Wii? Man.

Like, for all of you that 'caught em all' with Black/White, did you seriously just trade them all one by one to your new B/W2 cart? This would take countless hours, first to catch junk pokémon on your new cart for the trade, and then the time to actually trade them.

I must be missing a shortcut, right?

I mean, if there isn't a way to mass transfer, I might just preserve my sanity and wait till Gen 6 hits so that I can mass transfer from all three of these Gen 5 carts.

entremet

So, fuck. I have a gigantic amount of Pokémon on my original White 1 cart. I have tons more on my Black 1, and now, building everything slowly but surely on my Black 2.

....moving these all over to the Black 2 cart is going to be a colossal pain in the ass, isn't it. There's obviously no transfer option as per Gen 4 to 5, right? Holy fuck. This is going to take ages.

Like, for all of you that 'caught em all' with Black/White, did you seriously just trade them all one by one to your new B/W2 cart? This would take countless hours, first to catch junk pokémon on your new cart for the trade, and then the time to actually trade them.

Nope lol. Thanks, GF.

Since B1W1 and B2W2 are technically the same generation you're gonna have to catch dupes and trade individually. Huge pain in the ass.

Pokemon: Spreadsheets because who the fuck knows what is weak to what.

At this point I have everything down, except I never remember what poison is weak and strong to, also I keep forgetting ghost moves arent super effective against dark and are just the opposite (I think?)

I bought up a few hundred Repeat Balls and just sat catching Patrat and Purrloin for hours and hours.

Magnus

Nope lol. Thanks, GF.

Since B1W1 and B2W2 are technically the same generation you're gonna have to catch dupes and trade individually. Huge pain in the ass.
I bought up a few hundred Repeat Balls and just sat catching Patrat and Purrloin for hours and hours.

Oh my god.

Awful.

Awful.

Yeah, I don't think I can stomach that.

Has there been any actual confirmation that Pokémon will transfer to Gen 6?

DaBoss

They should be able to make an app for the 3DS solely for mass transferring of Polemon to gen 6, right? It should be possible.

Magnus

They should be able to make an app for the 3DS solely for mass transferring of Polemon to gen 6, right? It should be possible.

I would actually totally accept full Nintendo-Tool status and pay money for such an app. Like, as much as $20. Even if it had no bells and whistles (a la past 'apps' like Pokémon Box).

Slermy

Just bought the Black 2 / White 2 Pokédex myself. Worth every penny. Even includes little AR boxes on each entry!

I use the internet all the time, but there's something romantic about having a giant guide to flip through.

I mean, if there isn't a way to mass transfer, I might just preserve my sanity and wait till Gen 6 hits so that I can mass transfer from all three of these Gen 5 carts.

There is a Wii tool... for Gen IV. :( I'm currently doing the same and have been using the Dream Radar to give myself trade fodder and migrate between the Gen V carts. I've been using IR to initiate trades, since you can access the all of the boxes that way.

Magnus

I kind of wish my Dex across all my Gen V carts was...in the cloud, so to speak. Like, I wish I could see that, oh yeah, I'd caught that one already in my White 1 cart, for example. The hell if I'm keeping a list on the side.

Stage On

Just bought the Black 2 / White 2 Pokédex myself. Worth every penny. Even includes little AR boxes on each entry!

I use the internet all the time, but there's something romantic about having a giant guide to flip through.

Yah it's pretty much just habit for me at this point to buy the guide to go with the games. It's the only guide I bother with these days simply because it's so comprehensive and useful to have.

I remember having to work when Platinum came out and I asked my Mom to pick up my copy for me and when I came home from work she surprised me by having bought the guide for me as well as a treat :)

Slermy

Yah it's pretty much just habit for me at this point to buy the guide to go with the games. It's the only guide I bother with these days simply because it's so comprehensive and useful to have.

I remember having to work when Platinum came out and I asked my Mom to pick up my copy for me and when I came home from work she surprised me by having bought the guide for me as well as a treat :)

Haha, awesome.

I'll laugh if they do a hard reset for Gen VI like they did for Gen III.

Speaking of which, when does this kind of information come out? Only when someone earns the feature in game? Since it's a simultaneous worldwide release this time, it would very much hurt to not know until after purchasing the game that your previous pokémon won't be able to come along.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
Okay, I think I found the legit stuff.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/res/11635706#p11635706

-New region's name is Rohokku

-Map is shown, doesn't seem to be linear. Think Sinnoh/Hoenn.

-Region is two separate landmasses, with two towns and other explorable locales located in the dividing water.

-Player Characters are shown. Pretty much exactly what was expected, except the girl's hair appears to be blonder than previously thought

-Player characters are customizable (it doesn't say whether this means changing outfits, or full on customization)

-Next month Sylveon's typing and evolution method will be revealed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As a heads up, the "It Begins" thread with that image up on /vp/ is fake.

I'm so sure that I'll even post it here.

1. No furigana over the kanji, corocoro is a children's magazine.

2. The rainbow effect on the picture, as if taken offscreen from a monitor.

Just gonna say, the Japanese in the picture is machine translated nonsense. It looks like it was done by the same person/people who made those owl Pokémon mockups for B2W2.

Top Bottom