• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Hey guys, I'm up! What was leake-

HURRICANE MEWTWO

4082716_o.gif

Just think. In March of 2010, we knew about Zoroark and Zorua. We hadn't seen the starters, the protagonists, any screenshots... hell, we didn't know what the games were called. We are well ahead of the curve!

Now, as a result of the big info glut with the Pokemon Direct, we've got to tread water for a while.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe we get another PokeDirect

Hepburn is a type of Japanese romanization, along with Kunrei-shiki and Nihon-shiki. In a quick sense, Hepburn renders syllables according to how they sound (in English, I think), while Kunrei-shiki and Nihon-shiki renders them according to the syllable's actual self. So for example, the following are some differences (first is the symbol, followed by Hepburn, then Kunrei-shiki):

し: shi | si
ち: chi | ti
つ: tsu | tu
ふ: fu | hu
しゃ: sha | sya

And so on. For example, バシャーモ (Blaziken) would be rendered as:
Bashāmo (Hepburn)
Basyâmo (Kunrei-shiki/Nihon-shiki)

You can see a bit of the second in the official romanization (Bursyamo).

There are some differences between Nihon-shiki and Kunrei-shiki, but they are otherwise mostly identical.

Ahh I see. I prefer Hepburn

Just think. In March of 2010, we knew about Zoroark and Zorua. We hadn't seen the starters, the protagonists, any screenshots... hell, we didn't know what the games were called. We are well ahead of the curve!

Now, as a result of the big info glut with the Pokemon Direct, we've got to tread water for a while.

They really shouldn't have blown their load so early by releasing the Direct 9 months in advance. That's akin to giving you hearty appetizers and promising a big meal, but then faffing about for hours and then serving nothing but Cornish pastries full of air.

JoeM86

Still early days. I'm hopeful that the CoroCoro site and last month's issue didn't lie to us. If we've heard nothing by 2pm UTC on Thursday though, then we're boned :p

Still early days. I'm hopeful that the CoroCoro site and last month's issue didn't lie to us. If we've heard nothing by 2pm UTC on Thursday though, then we're boned :p

Are we certain that the distribution scan comes from Coro Coro? If so, I'd have thought that any major info would have been leaked at the same time.

Either that, or there's some major-league trolling happening here.

JoeM86

Are we certain that the distribution scan comes from Coro Coro? If so, I'd have thought that any major info would have been leaked at the same time.

Either that, or there's some major-league trolling happening here.

The page layout is off to me, with it being printed across two pages rather than the standard portrait with overlap.

The style, font etc. matches though

JoeM86

I refer to my earlier post

I don't think it's it for the following reasons

1. The CoroCoro website specifically said there would be an XY supplement, of which we have seen nothing.
2. Last month's CoroCoro said that more secrets of Sylveon will be revealed, of which we have seen nothing.

While plans do sometimes change, I doubt they'd have removed everything. Can never know for sure though, it just seems they're going off one user by saying that. We'll see by tomorrow

I think we'll see something by 7am UTC tomorrow morning

JoeM86

And allow me to quote something I posted on SPPf

Don't forget that XY isn't the only Pokémon game that's coming. Rumble U is as well, and that would have presence.

Last month, we got Sylveon through a person who doesn't typically leak things. Then, on the 13th, the usual person who posts the images posted it. This will likely repeat this month as that's when the leaker usually posts it, and the movie stuff came from someone else. The only times he usually posts it before the 13th is when two days before release would fall on a weekend.

If, by this point tomorrow, we still have nothing then yes, we'll have nothing. However, based on the information we have from CoroCoro's website and previous issues, there IS stuff to come.

But hell, I'm an eternal optimist!

OctoWara289

Neo Member
I was sleep-deprived for nothing... I really hope this "information leak" turns around. :( Maybe we won't hear anything from Coro Coro this month and it will be through Pokemon Smash later this week.

I was sleep-deprived for nothing... I really hope this "information leak" turns around. :( Maybe we won't hear anything from Coro Coro this month and it will be through Pokemon Smash later this week.

If Coro Coro doesn't have anything, Smash won't either. It's largely an exercise in distributing Coro Coro reveals to a wider audience.

/vp/ is watching?

How often do they watch us?

Am I revered or reviled there?

Why do I even care?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both Unnerve and Hurricane useless for Mewtwo? Hurricane covers nothing that his other moves don't, and Unnerve is just generally bad.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I'll wake up tomorrow to see character customization, Xerneas and Yveltal typings, 3-5 new 'mons, Wonder/Fairy type confirmed, and a Mantine evo.
Then I'll wake up again.

Hurricane is probably a reference to the 1st movie, sort of explaining how Mewtwo could create a storm like that. Unnerve could just be there because he's unnerving :p

Sponge

Banned
I'm just surprised we haven't gotten leaks already. It leads me to believe if there IS X/Y stuff in the newest Coro Coro, then it isn't much new stuff.

Inazuma Eleven and Little Battlers stuff has leaked from Coro Coro. Still no XY stuff.

Either the leaker's copy didn't have the supplement, or there's genuinely nothing.
As I've said, the usual leaker doesn't normally leak til the 13th. Last month we only did because of someone else.

Patience :)

It's not that the magazine hasn't leaked, though. It's that the magazine has leaked, with little to no Pokemon info.

JoeM86

As I've said, the usual leaker doesn't normally leak til the 13th. Last month we only did because of someone else.

It's not that the magazine hasn't leaked, though. It's that the magazine has leaked, with little to no Pokemon info.

The magazine almost always leaks with non-Pokémon stuff. It's quite common that the people who upload those bits don't actually care about Pokémon. Especially as it is a BIG magazine. Each issue of CoroCoro is hundreds of pages long

Plus, don't forget, leaking is pretty much illegal which is why it's done anonymously.

The magazine almost always leaks with non-Pokémon stuff. It's quite common that the people who upload those bits don't actually care about Pokémon. Especially as it is a BIG magazine. Each issue of CoroCoro is hundreds of pages long

Plus, don't forget, leaking is pretty much illegal which is why it's done anonymously.

It seems like you know somehthing but cant say something. But i remember that even you have been wrong before.

Sigh I wonder how that will change the ubers metagame atleast.

Now Mewtwo can take out Grass and Bug Arceus, which he could already do with Fire Blast. At best, he has another tool he could use in a Rain Dance team. The real (not really) big news is Unnerve coming out. No more hiding behind berries like Yache or Cutsap.

But this means that Mewtwo had used two moves before they officially showed up in the main games: Shadow Ball and Hurricane.

Zeroth

Pretty sure Dweeb expects Nintendo to only release XY information on the day before the global launch or something.

Top Bottom