• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

zroid

Banned
Pretty much every single time since Ruby/Sapphire, when my parents find out I've bought a new Pokemon game, their only reaction is "What? You're still into that?"

They don't care though, lol.

Pretty much every single time since Ruby/Sapphire, when my parents find out I've bought a new Pokemon game, their only reaction is "What? You're still into that?"

They don't care though, lol.

That's pretty much the same for me as well, only with every video game.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
Ugh......I need a leak already!

Another thing I realized last night about Sylveon in this older pic: Every Eeveelution in the picture below has their typing matched with a colored box. I never believed Sylveon would be a Normal type for many reasons, but now it seems even more clear, since Eevee's box is colored in white, indicating the color for Normal typing. Now, the only other type for Sylveon I could imagine is Flying, but a pink box would not denote a Flying type Pokemon. Thus, I really strongly believe Sylveon will be a new type.

img_pokemon_02.png

Corocoro (it seems) is beginning to leak. No word on the Pokemon info, but based on the usualy leaker, there wasn't much on the cover.

2ch poster said that there was ingame shots of the legends using attacks, but we'll see. Not expecting much this month.

Ugh......I need a leak already!

Another thing I realized last night about Sylveon in this older pic: Every Eeveelution in the picture below has their typing matched with a colored box. I never believed Sylveon would be a Normal type for many reasons, but now it seems even more clear, since Eevee's box is colored in white, indicating the color for Normal typing. Now, the only other type for Sylveon I could imagine is Flying, but a pink box would not denote a Flying type Pokemon. Thus, I really strongly believe Sylveon will be a new type.

img_pokemon_02.png

But look at the type effectiveness. Umbreon across from espeon, ans flareon from glaceon. That would suggest slyveon being of the flying type.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
But look at the type effectiveness. Umbreon across from espeon, ans flareon from glaceon. That would suggest slyveon being of the flying type.

Not necessarily. It would only suggest that between Jolteon and Sylveon, whatever type Sylveon ends up being, it will be strong/weak against Jolteon.

Not necessarily. It would only suggest that between Jolteon and Sylveon, whatever type Sylveon ends up being, it will be strong/weak against Jolteon.

I said in a previous post it would be stupid for gamefreak to hide the typing if its something already known. But to temper my own expectations im going with flying even though i dont know why pink would be the color of choice there.

Firestorm

I always find it too much work to explain why I spend $600 to fly to Indianapolis / Hawaii / wherever else for Pokemon so I just say "video game tournament" because I already explained what that was back when I played Smash Bros.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
I said in a previous post it would be stupid for gamefreak to hide the typing if its something already known. But to temper my own expectations im going with flying even though i dont know why pink would be the color of choice there.

Agreed. I just want confirmation already. I hate it. I need to go to bed, and I've stayed up all this time. I don't want to go to bed now when it's even closer, and feel like I should have just gone to sleep sooner. BUT HOW MUCH LONGER? :(

Arcanine can learn Teleport in Gen I from TM 30. I never gave this piece of information any recognition until reading through my Yellow Version guide again.

Macka

I still don't like Froakie. Why another goddamn Frog/Toad Pokemon? If they had to have another, why not break the mould and make it the fire type?

I'm also not a fan of Fennekin encroaching on Ninetales territory, especially considering its looking like it will be Fire/Psychic...the type Ninetales SHOULD be.

Chespin gets my love for originality <3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, Fire/Ghost is more apt for Ninetales and honestly Fennekin should be more Fire/Ground. And who knows, Froakie might become Water-something.

Hooray for being part of Team Chespin!

Macka

Well, Fire/Ghost is more apt for Ninetales...
Why Fire/Ghost? None of its 'dex entries have ever hinted at it having ghost-like qualities. It does, however, learn a fair few Psychic type attacks, can understand human speech and communicate telepathically with people. Each of its tails is also imbued with a mystical/supernatural power.

It definitely should have been turned into Fire/Psychic when Gold/Silver came out :/

backlot

Why Fire/Ghost? None of its 'dex entries have ever hinted at it having ghost-like qualities. It does, however, learn a fair few Psychic type attacks, can understand human speech and communicate telepathically with people. Each of its tails is also imbued with a mystical/supernatural power.

It definitely should have been turned into Fire/Psychic when Gold/Silver came out :/

It could have been Fire/Psychic in Red/Blue. I actually wonder if we'll see any type changes in gen 6. They changed the Rotom forms for no reason in gen 5 so there is a precedent.

Boss Doggie

It has ghost tendencies like living long and putting curse on people. And mind you, Ghost only had Lick before.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahahahaha

ha

:)
:|
:/
:(
;_;

Impossible, Coro site says more info in XY for next issue.

harmonize

Serebii still thinks there's more to come.

I don't think it's it for the following reasons

1. The CoroCoro website specifically said there would be an XY supplement, of which we have seen nothing.
2. Last month's CoroCoro said that more secrets of Sylveon will be revealed, of which we have seen nothing.

While plans do sometimes change, I doubt they'd have removed everything. Can never know for sure though, it just seems they're going off one user by saying that. We'll see by tomorrow

Give it time, folks.

It was always likely that we wouldn't get anything, guys. I've been saying this for weeks by this point.

Apparently one of the /vp/ guys just up and asked the leaker if there was more in the magazine, and he said no.

JoeM86

It was always likely that we wouldn't get anything, guys. I've been saying this for weeks by this point.

Apparently one of the /vp/ guys just up and asked the leaker if there was more in the magazine, and he said no.

That's where Bulba got their report from. I'm still not convinced. Chances are anything there is will be minor though

Fun fact though, we got confirmation of the official romanisation of Sylveon's Japanese name Ninfia. As expected based on its French name, the official romanisation is Nymphia

So

English - Japanese
Vaporeon - &#12471;&#12515;&#12527;&#12540;&#12474; Showers (Shawaazu)
Jolteon - &#12469;&#12531;&#12480;&#12540;&#12473; Thunders (Sandaasu)
Flareon - &#12502;&#12540;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540; Booster (Buusutaa)
Espeon - &#12456;&#12540;&#12501;&#12451; Eifie (Eefi)
Umbreon - &#12502;&#12521;&#12483;&#12461;&#12540; Blacky (Burakki)
Leafeon - &#12522;&#12540;&#12501;&#12451;&#12450; Leafia (Riifia)
Glaceon - &#12464;&#12524;&#12452;&#12471;&#12450; Glacia (Gureishia)
Sylveon - &#12491;&#12531;&#12501;&#12451;&#12450; Nymphia (Ninfia)

Boss Doggie

Oh, Nymphia is confirmed for official romanization? Also why does Wikipedia call romanization "Hepburn".

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Okay, I'm a relatively new player to post-1st gen Pokémon games. But can anyone explain to me, why they've made it so that you can't trade Pokémon as soon as you get to the first Poké Center? I just got White 2 and the manual says that you have to finish the storyline first. I remember playing the 1st gen, and trading as soon as I got to Viridian City. :/

Refyref

Okay, I'm a relatively new player to post-1st gen Pokémon games. But can anyone explain to me, why they've made it so that you can't trade Pokémon as soon as you get to the first Poké Center? I just got White 2 and the manual says that you have to finish the storyline first. I remember playing the 1st gen, and trading as soon as I got to Viridian City. :/

You can trade Pokemon as soon as you can capture Pokemon and have more than 1 of them, just like in the original games.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
You can trade Pokemon as soon as you can capture Pokemon and have more than 1 of them, just like in the original games.

Oh! So Poke Transfer Lab is just for previous DS titles? Does the trading work like you said between let's say Black 1 and White 2?

Refyref

Oh! So Poke Transfer Lab is just for previous DS titles? Does the trading work like you said between let's say Black 1 and White 2?

Yes, the Transfer Lab is only for the Gen 4 games. (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver)
Trading between any Gen 5 game is done normally, and opens up as soon as possible. (Black, White, Black 2, White 2)

Oh, Nymphia is confirmed for official romanization? Also why does Wikipedia call romanization "Hepburn".
Hepburn is a type of Japanese romanization, along with Kunrei-shiki and Nihon-shiki. In a quick sense, Hepburn renders syllables according to how they sound (in English, I think), while Kunrei-shiki and Nihon-shiki renders them according to the syllable's actual self. So for example, the following are some differences (first is the symbol, followed by Hepburn, then Kunrei-shiki):

&#12375;: shi | si
&#12385;: chi | ti
&#12388;: tsu | tu
&#12405;: fu | hu
&#12375;&#12419;: sha | sya

And so on. For example, &#12496;&#12471;&#12515;&#12540;&#12514; (Blaziken) would be rendered as:
Bash&#257;mo (Hepburn)
Basyâmo (Kunrei-shiki/Nihon-shiki)

You can see a bit of the second in the official romanization (Bursyamo).

There are some differences between Nihon-shiki and Kunrei-shiki, but they are otherwise mostly identical.

Top Bottom