• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's getting pretty late in Japan, so I wouldn't be constantly reloading for leaks at this moment lol.

By the way Joe, you better be right, because a lot of people seem to think YOU'RE the one who "promised" the XY Supplement lol.

JoeM86

It's getting pretty late in Japan, so I wouldn't be constantly reloading for leaks at this moment lol.

By the way Joe, you better be right, because a lot of people seem to think YOU'RE the one who "promised" the XY Supplement lol.

So I heard :/ It wouldn't be the first time that CoroCoro didn't follow up with their promises, but there's bound to be something.

Love that I will get blamed in a "Shoot the Messenger" style should it not occur

ffdgh

Oh Mr.XY comes out as a fake? Shocking.
KuGsj.gif

mernst23

So, the last game I've played in the Pokemon series was Sapphire in like 04, and I've played Blue/Yellow/Crystal. I'm sort of in the mood to start playing the game series again. Should I get LeafGreen to relive that Gen 1 esque goodness and get my feet wet in a game I sort've remember or should I press on to Diamond/Pearl? I have a GBAsp and 3DS so everything is on the table.

Zeroth

I'm pretty sure people knew Mr. XY was full of it the moment the first rumor showed up, but pretended to believe so they could get more of his silly talk.

Or at least I want to believe that.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm pretty sure people knew Mr. XY was full of it the moment the first rumor showed up, but pretended to believe so they could get more of his silly talk.

He's got some pretty neat ideas reading his topic on /vp/ where he explains some of the stuff, though. I like when people put thought into rumors and make them fun, even if we all know they're fake.

So, the last game I've played in the Pokemon series was Sapphire in like 04, and I've played Blue/Yellow/Crystal. I'm sort of in the mood to start playing the game series again. Should I get LeafGreen to relive that Gen 1 esque goodness and get my feet wet in a game I sort've remember or should I press on to Diamond/Pearl? I have a GBAsp and 3DS so everything is on the table.

I'd recommend Pokemon Platinum now, and maybe Heartgold/SoulSilver if you want to replay the Johto journey :). Then, you should go with Black or White (or B2/W2, that's overall better and it's set a few years after the first ones).

Delio

I just looked at it as fun nonsense. I assumed everyone did.

serplux

I'd recommend Pokemon Platinum now, and maybe Heartgold/SoulSilver if you want to replay the Johto journey :). Then, you should go with Black or White (or B2/W2, that's overall better and it's set a few years after the first ones).

I kinda find the Sinnoh games to be really slow (the middle portion nearly killed me), so I think HG/SS is probably the best new entry point.

I wouldn't get FireRed/LeafGreen, they were pretty bad remakes.

If you really wish to play some remade Pokemon get HeartGold/SoulSilver, it's Gen 2 with all the benefits of Gen 4 and then some. It also has the best minigames like Voltorb Flip and the Pokeathlon.

Do try out Platinum and Gen 5 as they were really good as well. Ignore Diamond/Pearl as the game is slow as molasses.

Stage On

Man it's funny seeing you guys getting so worked up over even the slightest timbit of news. I could understand being excited for the New game being announced but what's going on now seems a bit much.

gosox333

Man it's funny seeing you guys getting so worked up over even the slightest timbit of news. I could understand being excited for the New game being announced but what's going on now seems a bit much.

There's still a solid 7 months left of this. You haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

I want more Timbits of news, though!

Actually, scratch the news. I just want Timbits.

Aggrotek

Watched it a little earlier on. You forgot to get the Itemfinder when you were searching for people to give you something. You did get some great catches this episode though!

Where do you get the Itemfinder? Trapinch will likely make it to the team if someone decides to die. Same with Aqualad.

I want more Timbits of news, though!

Actually, scratch the news. I just want Timbits.

tim_horton_s_timbits.jpg

When I come to visit you guys in the merry land of Canada, I insist we buy many boxes of Timbits.

We just call them doughnut holes down here. :(

I've creepily discerned your place of residence by reading your PokéCheck stat sheet. I pass by Kentucky this Saturday, but I can't stray from the course :(

Maybe someday when my novel goes best-seller I can quit my job and go to GAF meetups full-time.

Aggrotek

SCRAFTY. Can you get on skype? I'd like you to help me test something. :3

Edit: Or Ike, or anyone who watches my shows really.

SCRAFTY. Can you get on skype? I'd like you to help me test something. :3

I'm on a business trip right now; sorry. I'll have access to Skype tomorrow morning when I'm back at my computer, but until then I'm stuck on Mobile. I'm guessing this is something that can't be tested over PMs either :{

Watch Da Birdie

Well, it's around 10:00 a.m. in Japan now...guess if we're getting anything else, it should be coming in the next hours.

Damn, last night I stayed up waiting for it...and now I'm doing it again. :(

Aggrotek

I'm on a business trip right now; sorry. I'll have access to Skype tomorrow morning when I'm back at my computer, but until then I'm stuck on Mobile. I'm guessing this is something that can't be tested over PMs either :{

No, I am trying to set up a live stream so that I can have guest commentators. :p

Well, I have work tomorrow so I will probably have to wait until I get home in the evening. :(
When do you get back from the trip?

Also, can one of you guys head here: Stream and tell me if the sound is working?

I don't return home until Saturday/Sunday unfortunately. Any earlier and I'll miss out on one or two days of pay :(

Remind me never to drive to the deep South next time.

Watch Da Birdie

Speaking of which, I'm seeing various scans of other series popping up on /vp/ in the CoroCoro thread, so stuff seems to be flowing in. Judgment time guys. :) Danball Seki, Inazuma, and even a page for Wreck-It-Ralph (or Sugar Rush, as it's known in Japan)

Top Bottom