• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

What's with them reusing the same animation for the Team rocket into for the last few episodes anyhow? I like it better back in the day when they mixed it up more.

Ezalc

Even if you had them, there's nothing worth fishing for. B/W has some god awful water Pokemon designs.

Simipour? Nope.
Alomomola? Lol.
Basculin? Ugh.
Swanna? Meh.
Jellicent? ...Eh.
Seismitoad? Get it away from me.

Carracosta is the only one that looked remotely appealing, and that's including Samurott.

You dare hate Jellicent's magnificent gentlemanly mustache?! Well I say sir, you are a ne'er-do-well and your great aunt has hair on her teeth!

JoeM86

The Shiny Magikarp event is now live in Nagoya :)

magikarpevent.png

Jofamo

Man, I am getting destroyed in the Unova Leaders cup in the PWT. I thought I had a decently good team (3 of 6 are fully EV trained). I guess my Pokémon don't have very high defence and speed though, I keep getting 1-shoted by non-super effective moves. Bah.

JoeM86

Man, I am getting destroyed in the Unova Leaders cup in the PWT. I thought I had a decently good team (3 of 6 are fully EV trained). I guess my Pokémon don't have very high defence and speed though, I keep getting 1-shoted by non-super effective moves. Bah.

It just gets worse from there. World Leaders is brutal, Champions is just EVIL

So, favorite Gen VI starter?

Team Chespin is go!

Favourite is probably Chespin atm, but I'm considering going with Froakie for my site playthrough

Permit me to clarify, I do three playthroughs typically, each with a different starter

First - Japanese - For site
Other game Japanese - For fun (while picking up version differences I've missed)
English - For fun

I'm not entirely sure how to do this with worldwide launch, but I believe it won't be same day, it'll likely be Japan at the start of the month, everywhere else at the end. At least I hope so, for my sanity's sake.

Aggrotek

How could you kill MikeMyers.
It wasn't my fault!

Eastern Standard Time (GMT -4, I think). My webcam's on the fritz though so it'll have to be a voice call. I'll message you once my roommate's out of the house so there won't be any background noise.
I don't do video calls anyways. :p Just voice, while you watch me play via stream.

:( Too disappointing to even watch the rest.

I think it respawns after you beat the E4.
Sorry. :( I can't catch it now at all. Nuzlocke rules and all.
Too bad about the critical hit on Gyarados. :(

:D

Yea it sucks. :(

No mention of Scolipede? :(

tumblr_mg31xrabzZ1qituqxo1_500.png

Oops, I knew I forgot one. Scolipede is really cool too I even used it in my Black playthrough :p. And Venipede is kinda cute.

Fennekin is my fave Gen VI starter but they're all cool. Anyone think Chespin might have some sort of street dance motif going on? Just that the hoody-looking chestnut thing calls Scrafty to mind and it's called Chespin so it might spin around for some sort of breakdance attack :p.

Hey guys, this has been up for a while, dunno if you guys saw it. :)

http://youtu.be/9yKIotT3m9E

By the way Palutena, you made it in the game. :D

Just a little thing RageCandyBar is a lot more useful in this game than before. You can buy the RageCandyBar and then trade it on the Underground Path (Route 4-6) for TM64 Explosion.

Also shame that you KOed Gyarados but you've already got a rediculous amount of water types anyway.

Aggrotek

Just a little thing RageCandyBar is a lot more useful in this game than before. You can buy the RageCandyBar and then trade it on the Underground Path (Route 4-6) for TM64 Explosion.

Also shame that you KOed Gyarados but you've already got a rediculous amount of water types anyway.

I definitely do not want explosion...

Oops, I knew I forgot one. Scolipede is really cool too I even used it in my Black playthrough :p. And Venipede is kinda cute.

Hehe. I like Pokémon that stay cute even after they evolve! Scolipede fits the bill perfectly. *wants to cuddle one*

Anyone think Chespin might have some sort of street dance motif going on? Just that the hoody-looking chestnut thing calls Scrafty to mind and it's called Chespin so it might spin around for some sort of breakdance attack :p.

Besides that... he looks like a jolly fellow. I guess he just wants to dance at this point.

diaspora

My Serperior, Zebstrika, Darmintian, and Seismitoad are all level 48 and I'm about to take on Iris who I assume uses Dragon types. How screwed am I GAF?

Macka

You dare hate Jellicent's magnificent gentlemanly mustache?! Well I say sir, you are a ne'er-do-well and your great aunt has hair on her teeth!
I actually don't mind Jellicent now. When I first saw it I wasn't a fan, but I ended up using it in my second play-through of B/W and it was pretty boss.

Seismitoad is freaking awesome design.
Definitely can't get behind this one though....Seismitoad would have to be one of my least favourite Pokemon ever. It's ugly. I'm also just over Frog/Toad based Pokemon (which is why Froakie annoys me too). It's like, COME ON gamefreak! There are plenty of other animals you haven't touched yet, we don't need all these damn frogs.

Aggrotek

I actually don't mind Jellicent now. When I first saw it I wasn't a fan, but I ended up using it in my second play-through of B/W and it was pretty boss.

Definitely can't get behind this one though....Seismitoad would have to be one of my least favourite Pokemon ever. It's ugly. I'm also just over Frog/Toad based Pokemon (which is why Froakie annoys me too). It's like, COME ON gamefreak! There are plenty of other animals you haven't touched yet, we don't need all these damn frogs.

I agree, except for this badass right here:

toxicroak.jpg

Also, my new episode is up!
Intruder Alert!

JazzmanZ

Favourite is probably Chespin atm, but I'm considering going with Froakie for my site playthrough

Permit me to clarify, I do three playthroughs typically, each with a different starter

First - Japanese - For site
Other game Japanese - For fun (while picking up version differences I've missed)
English - For fun

I'm not entirely sure how to do this with worldwide launch, but I believe it won't be same day, it'll likely be Japan at the start of the month, everywhere else at the end. At least I hope so, for my sanity's sake.

hopefully this time the generation reveals go without a hitch >.>
last gens got pretty heated when some twitter account was revealing pokemon beforehand.

JoeM86

hopefully this time the generation reveals go without a hitch >.>
last gens got pretty heated when some twitter account was revealing pokemon beforehand.

Well, I've been told that security is much tighter this time because they don't want a repeat of that situation, so who knows how it'll go this time.

I want a situation like Gen IV. In that, I was playing through and discovering Pokémon even 2ch hadn't seen yet, and posting them to the world. It was fun and how game coverage should be :)

Gregorn

I want a situation like Gen IV. In that, I was playing through and discovering Pokémon even 2ch hadn't seen yet, and posting them to the world. It was fun and how game coverage should be :)

I had just moved when that was happening and we didn't have Internet yet, so I went to the library to check serebii so I could see the new Pokemon. I think that's the only time in my life I've been to a library...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Now I wonder if Pokemon XY would leak or get its release date broken earlier. I want the mystery damn it!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember Gen IV being pretty fun when it was released...at first, we got blurry screen-shots, and it led to stuff like Bronzor being a gear (like Nintendo would ever make a gear-based Pokemon), Blue Shellos being a pre-evolution of Lapras and, my favorite, Azelf being Mew in a hat.

Then came the Base Stats being leaked, and people begun to figure out who was an evolution of what more or less, then the "Box Sprites" popping up showing us small sprites of all the new Pokemon, and then over the week the full sprites of the Pokemon began to leak.

It'll be an interesting situation having everyone trying to download the games at the same time through eShop at midnight :D

-----

YOu know what would be cool? If you could swap Mystery Gift cards through StreetPass, so if you dropped by GameStop to pick up your shiny _____, you could potentially pass the card to everyone that you pass, who'd then pass it to their passers, and so on and so on.

Or alternatively/also, have distributions being passed to you without you having to do anything, through SpotPass. Waking up to a surprise new Pokemon in your inbox would be super awesome to me. GF just has to do it this way, it's too good.

Stage On

Well, I've been told that security is much tighter this time because they don't want a repeat of that situation, so who knows how it'll go this time.

Well it's unlikely to be like that this time around with us getting it at the same time and all. Somebody is going to end up getting a hold of the strategy guide early and then we'll know pretty much everything

JoeM86

Well it's unlikely to be like that this time around with us getting it at the same time and all. Somebody is going to end up getting a hold of the strategy guide early and then we'll know pretty much everything

Nobody said anything about simultaneous launch. What Iwata said is that it'll be available worldwide in October

You guys think we can get multiple file slots.

Nope, and the 3DS can detect if you copied a save and replaced it with an earlier one too

It'll be an interesting situation having everyone trying to download the games at the same time through eShop at midnight :D

-----

YOu know what would be cool? If you could swap Mystery Gift cards through StreetPass, so if you dropped by GameStop to pick up your shiny _____, you could potentially pass the card to everyone that you pass, who'd then pass it to their passers, and so on and so on.

Or alternatively/also, have distributions being passed to you without you having to do anything, through SpotPass. Waking up to a surprise new Pokemon in your inbox would be super awesome to me. GF just has to do it this way, it's too good.

Their servers will clearly die that day.

For the distributions, I can see them delivering it through SpotPass as an option, but it'll also have the standard receive method. Basically, it'll automatically download if you leave it, but you'll have the option to manually do it too

OctoWara289

Neo Member

Ugh, that's going to be a tough call to make, download at 12:00am midnight or wait until the next morning. Generally, I don't like the idea of game downloads on the 3DS because of them being tied to the console. Nintendo needs to hurry up and make a unified account system.

For sure. I should be getting Fire Emblem soon too though.

It's going to be tough managing my budget when I need to replace my 3DS with a 3DS XL, get a telephoto zoom for my camera (which is expensive without going to the used market, which I don't like), and... stuff. I want to play FE. But I want PMD, too. But I want to wait...

Top Bottom