• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ive only ever seen the GIFs and I cant stand to watch the anime, like literally no matter how good any episodes content is getting past the terrible intro music these days makes me cringe and vomit.

can someone explain wtf the context is of these ampharos surprise buttsehcks GIFs

It was trying to herd Mareeps back but they wouldn't because Ampharos is "weak"

Yeah that was their lame animation for Ampharos trying to move the Mareep. It's a sheepdog, pretty much, ya see.
Ah.

Hmm, there isn't really a sheedog Pokemon just yet - there probably won't be one in PokeFrance. Which does remind me - I'm not really sure of the local wildlife of France, that would probably be one place to look towards for ideas for what'll be introduced in XY.

I think Herdier covers that base pretty well.

Also, they already covered the Escargot Pokémon, so I'm at a loss for any other France-exclusive Pokémon ;P

Ezalc

Hopefully you're running 4x Rare Candy with all those Stage 2 evolutions! Is he using Eelektrik with that Rayquaza EX?

Yes and yes. Well pokebreeder technically since they have the same effect. But honestly I decided to give up the TCG, too much money on something that I could spend on other videogames that could be something I would be playing for way longer. I would absolutely love if they made a new Pokemon TCG game though. Man It'd be totally rad to have some eye of judgement thing going with that.

I think Herdier covers that base pretty well.

Also, they already covered the Escargot Pokémon, so I'm at a loss for any other France-exclusive Pokémon ;P
(I just thought of him as mustache dog TBH lol)

Well... I can't think of any right now, as I'm not in the right mindset, but I'm sure there's plenty to pull from.

Or maybe design will focus on more anomalous Pokemon, like Sylveon and her flesh ribbons...

Kyzer

Banned
I'm missing the Gen V enhancements while playing SS. Leveling up is so easy in Gen V. It's a pain in Gen IV, plus the fact that lucky egg is a rare item on a rare Pokemon--Chansey--sucks.

ugh tell me about it. it becomes nigh unplayable. but dat atmosphere...

meloetta with a beret . they can pass it off as a new pokemon.

BRqmimV.png

entremet

ugh tell me about it. it becomes nigh unplayable. but dat atmosphere...

I guess we'll have to wait for unofficial rom hacks using Gen V engine for the Gen II games. I'd love that, though I tend to shy away from rom hacks like Pokemon Brown.

Her Step Forme needs to swap the baguette for a glass of wine and a piece of cheese.

Or a white flag; either works.

I"m sorry, everyone even remotely French. You have a beautiful country, if it's any consolation.

Also I did some research on French wildlife and now I desperately want a Genet Pokémon.

239-larg-sp-genet-40309.jpg

Her Step Forme needs to swap the baguette for a glass of wine and a piece of cheese.

Or a white flag; either works.

I"m sorry, everyone even remotely French. You have a beautiful country, if it's any consolation.

Also I did some research on French wildlife and now I desperately want a Genet Pokémon.

http://gabbywild.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/239-larg-sp-genet-40309.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0rELG1o.png

Unicorn

ive only ever seen the GIFs and I cant stand to watch the anime, like literally no matter how good any episodes content is getting past the terrible intro music these days makes me cringe and vomit.

can someone explain wtf the context is of these ampharos surprise buttsehcks GIFs
It's an episode about pokemon breeding. Brock is just off-screen, running the poke-brothel.

Firestorm

Yes and yes. Well pokebreeder technically since they have the same effect. But honestly I decided to give up the TCG, too much money on something that I could spend on other videogames that could be something I would be playing for way longer. I would absolutely love if they made a new Pokemon TCG game though. Man It'd be totally rad to have some eye of judgement thing going with that.
Oh. So he's playing RayEels with extra stuff he might gain from Unlimited. Good strategy here is to also destory Tynamo so he can't power up Rayquaza.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:StunfiskDragonsExalted70.jpg

This guy's pretty sweet. 1 Fighting Energy to KO Tynamo and do 20 to a benched Tynamo!

lol I got into TCG this season and think it might have been a bad idea for cost XD At least it's cheaper than the other card games?

There's also Pokemon TCG Online though you'll need to buy code cards: http://pokemontcg.com

JoeM86

To be fair, it's only the English intros which are god-awful. If you search on youtube for it (Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2 Episode N Opening), you'll see

diaspora

5 badges in for Pokemon White, and I still don't have a water pokemon. The entirety of my team consists of: Serperior, Zebstrika, and Darmanitan. I tried to give Tympole a shot but it was a pain to train.

Macka

The lack of decent water Pokemon bugged the shit out of me when I first played Black. I ended up using Carracosta, but you don't get that for ages.

Macka

Are the fishing rods gone in this game or what?
Even if you had them, there's nothing worth fishing for. B/W has some god awful water Pokemon designs.

Simipour? Nope.
Alomomola? Lol.
Basculin? Ugh.
Swanna? Meh.
Jellicent? ...Eh.
Seismitoad? Get it away from me.

Carracosta is the only one that looked remotely appealing, and that's including Samurott.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jellicent? ...Eh.
Seismitoad? Get it away from me.

Carracosta is the only one that looked remotely appealing, and that's including Samurott.

So full of wrong here.

I can understand not liking Seismitoad but marshtompkid's art made me like the species.

But hating on two Pokemon with CURLEH MUSTACHE?! That's terrible!

After their overexposure across the past generations I couldn't have been happier with water getting pushed aside in favour of other types in Gen 5.
Plus Fire finally got some love, one of the reasons why Gen 5 is so wonderful.

Keyouta

RS is ten years old tomorrow in North America, guys!

So who's thinking they're working on remakes for these titles for release next year?

Top Bottom