• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Well he rotates his Unova team at the moment. His current team, all rotating in Japan is

Pikachu, Charizard, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Scraggy, Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Krookodile

We never get word of what ones he has until he sends them out at this time. The only time we've actually seen him rotate physically was recently when he
asked for Charizard to be sent

Yah but imagin if every once and awhile he actually busted out someone out rather then leaving them to langiush forever.

I mean wouldn't it be great if Tauros actually got another battle?

They shouldn't bring them up enough to overshadow his current gen Pokemon but enough that the reserves don't langish for years and years between apperances either. Their has got to be a better balance then what they have now.

JoeM86

Yah but imagin if every once and awhile he actually busted out someone out rather then leaving them to langiush forever.

I mean wouldn't it be great if Tauros actually got another battle?

They shouldn't bring them up enough to overshadow his current gen Pokemon but enough that the reserves don't langish for years and years between apperances either. Their has got to be a better balance then what they have now.

I still don't get why he didn't trade 29 of his Tauros in that Johto episode when everyone was asking him to trade his Tauros with them. The Tauros he uses is always the same one.

Though I guess separating them would not be in their best interests :p

Stage On

I still don't get why he didn't trade 29 of his Tauros in that Johto episode when everyone was asking him to trade his Tauros with them. The Tauros he uses is always the same one.

Why would he use a different Tauros each time? It's clearly the leader of the heard and the strongest one. The reason Ash didn't trade the other one's away would be because it would be dishonest of him since they are weaker then the one he uses. People wanted the one he uses and not a subsitute.

Do you remember the first time Tauros showed up in the dub version. It was so out of left field since they skipped the episode where Ash caught it. I was like "where the heck did he get that from?"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The one Pokemon of Ash's I want to see return the most is Glalie. :<

Dude was awesome in the Hoenn League. Snorunt/Glalie was probably my favorite Pokemon during the Gen III Days.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm sure because of what happens with Butterfree and Raticate. /sarcasm

Watch Da Birdie

So is the Jynx evolution real or fake?

What's the actual last real piece of new news? Still Sylveon's name?

It's fake, the original thread on /vp/ showed the "clear" photo shop of it and how they put it together.

Yup, Sylveon's the last piece of confirmed news. April's Issue, following past trends, will probably start with a bit of info on the protagonists and bits of the region.

Stage On

The one Pokemon of Ash's I want to see return the most is Glalie. :<

Dude was awesome in the Hoenn League. Snorunt/Glalie was probably my favorite Pokemon during the Gen III Days.

YES! Pardon the pun but Glalie was so cool! Despite being a last minute edition to Ash's team it didn't feel like a cheat either since it had trouble learning Ice beam at first and had to master it.

This will be useful in the future:

h4279056B

Watch Da Birdie

Kadabra should be under "previously human".

It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

I love how they phrase this Dex.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ice cream Pokemon is actually natural. They're living icicles that form snow on their heads. If anything, ice cream is derived from them. Chandelure lines are more like ghosts mimicking human objects.

Also I firmly believe Pokedex entries are made by the trainers themselves.

Stage On

But a baby squirtle can learn ice beam in a second.

The Pokemon Anime!

What can I say? It's a fact that the girl sidekicks tend to get way more Hax then the Ash does in Pokemon.

May gets baby Pokemon that can instantly kick ass. Ash gets ones that take time before they can battle properly.

Dawn got a powerful Togikiss handed to her on a silver platter and barely took any time to get use to it.

Iris getting a Dragonite that seems to totally ignore it's specices 4 times weakness to ice. Not to mention the unrealistically short amount of time it took her to tame it in comparison to Ash and Charizard.

Neo Child

Banned
So the other night I found a SHINY TERRAKION. That makes the second shiny I have found in white 2, the first being deer ling (now a level 87 sawsbuck).

I'm so lucky, almost k.od it but caught it with a pokeball! Before this my only shiny was a shirty zubat.

2 shinies in my team <3

Madao

i need help with something.

is there a way to get the DNA splicers without catching Zekrom and Kyurem? i already have them from BW1 and i spent quite a while soft resetting for decent ones and i don't want to just burn the ones in Black 2 to get the item. i'd be soft resetting for good IV's/natures if i didn't already have them but atm i don't need both of them again.

Aggrotek

Um, I kinda skipped through it 'cos I should be workin' on stuff (dammit distractions!) but if I remember rightly Clair has Gyarados, a Dragonair with a water move (surf?) and a Kingdra so maybe using Nidoking with Avalanche might not be such a good idea.

He's the only one who could learn it, and I am going to use a berry on him that lessens the power of a water move. If I remember right, Gyarados is the only one who doesn't have a water move, and I wont be using Nidoking against Kingdra. That's for Flygon.

It's surprising Snorlax and Poliwrath can't learn it, they should be able to soak up some damage anyway, can't remember if one of the Dragonairs can use an electric move though... also weird if Gyarados has no water move.

Azure J

Screw you people, New Sugimori artstyle >>>>>>>>>> Old Sugimori artstyle

I agree but I still love his old stuff a ton.

Tangent 1: Anyone else here wonder why Lucario isn't Fighting/Psychic sometimes?

Tangent 2: How does everyone here farm for shards for move tutors in Black 2? Maybe it's because I'm stuck still working out a team for the last half of the main story between Black/Black 2 trading, but I don't think I've found a consistent way of doing this. Any tips?

Tangent 3: I'm working on a "scouting" Eelektross and I'm trying to figure out something. I'm raising it bulky (252HP/252ATK), letting it hold a Shell Bell (or Big Root?) and giving it the following moves:

Wild Charge
Giga Drain/Drain Punch
Fire Punch/Flamethrower
U-Turn

Originally, I was going to have it learn both draining moves and have Flamethrower/Fire Punch because coverage (with the sub choice being trading off base attack power for physical prowess), but I'm liking the idea of U-Turn for getting him out and tagging in something silly after seeing the lead Pokemon. Also helps that U-Turn is Bug meaning Zoroark shenanigans should be well read. What say you PokeGAF?

Tangent 2: How does everyone here farm for shards for move tutors in Black 2? Maybe it's because I'm stuck still working out a team for the last half of the main story between Black/Black 2 trading, but I don't think I've found a consistent way of doing this. Any tips?

I haven't farmed for shards but if you lose at the PWT I think you get shards instead of battle points. There might be an Entralink mission that gives shards too but I'm really not sure, maybe someone else can confirm.

Edit: Quick Google search says there is an Entralink mission for shards.

Tangent 3: I'm working on a "scouting" Eelektross and I'm trying to figure out something. I'm raising it bulky (252HP/252ATK), letting it hold a Shell Bell (or Big Root?) and giving it the following moves:

Wild Charge
Giga Drain/Drain Punch
Fire Punch/Flamethrower
U-Turn

Originally, I was going to have it learn both draining moves and have Flamethrower/Fire Punch because coverage (with the sub choice being trading off base attack power for physical prowess), but I'm liking the idea of U-Turn for getting him out and tagging in something silly after seeing the lead Pokemon. Also helps that U-Turn is Bug meaning Zoroark shenanigans should be well read. What say you PokeGAF?

Seems like a fun set, bearing in mind I'm no expert here but I would keep U-turn and choose Drain Punch over Giga Drain. Fighting type moves are useful and you've invested your EVs into attack rather than sp.atk. Hm... Dragon Tail might be useful for scouting but then you'd have to replace the fire move and lose the coverage.

I don't know if anyone from PokeGAF have been following these (or if you even know who any of these people are): but three guys from That Guy With The Glasses (Nostalgia Critic not included) are planning on reviewing all the current Pokémon Movies in great comedic detail. I'd recommend watching them in order, as there's this little mini plot they put in there about them beta testing a Pokémon MMO of some sorts.

Mewtwo V.S. Mew: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/34756-animenia-pokemon-the-first-movie

Pokémon 2000: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/36704-animenia-pokemon-the-movie-2000

Pokémon 3:http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/38734-animenia-pokemon-the-movie-3

I don't know if anyone from PokeGAF have been following these (or if you even know who any of these people are): but three guys from That Guy With The Glasses (Nostalgia Critic not included) are planning on reviewing all the current Pokémon Movies in great comedic detail. I'd recommend watching them in order, as there's this little mini plot they put in there about them beta testing a Pokémon MMO of some sorts.

Mewtwo V.S. Mew: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/34756-animenia-pokemon-the-first-movie

Pokémon 2000: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/36704-animenia-pokemon-the-movie-2000

Pokémon 3:http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/suede/animenia/38734-animenia-pokemon-the-movie-3
I've been watching them, but I keep on forgetting, because they take so long to make... sort of like how Linkara takes months between eps of HOPR.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I saw up to the 4th Pokemon movie in theaters. Actually I guess those are the only ones I've seen. I didn't even want to see the 4th one. By that time I had grown out of watching the show and so had everyone else I knew. But I got dragged to the movie by my cousin who is two years older than me. I was like, man this is way lame. There was hardly anyone in the theater anyways.

Watch Da Birdie

The more I see Fennekin, the more its ear hair freaks me out.

I imagine the ears are probably where its fire power is stored, and I can see them being the main "focus point" of its evolutions.

My idea is for them to end up resembling red cactus-flowers, and drawing in solar energy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Movie ranking time

Unown > Lucario > Celebi > Lati@s > Deoxys > Arceus > Lugia > Darkrai > Mewtwo > Jirachi > Victini > Shaymin > Zoroark > Keldeo > Manaphy

Top Bottom