• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Ahh Trick Rooms.

I recall my team being Reuniclus, Machamp, Metagross, and some filler Pokemon.

Yeah, except I used mine as a counter to Trick Room rather than setting it up myself because I kept running into a lot of them online. It's slower than all of those and has awesome attack, defence and sp.def. It had Substitute, X-scissor and Aerial Ace, can't remember the fourth move, probably Iron Head, and an Expert Belt. X-scissor should take out Reuniclus, Aerial Ace would do a ton to Machamp (it was also there for Hitmontop and Amoonguss), couldn't do much to Metagross but it's resistant to its common moves though I don't remember seeing it much in a Trick Room team.

Yeah, Stantler had Intimidate, but even then it seemed like Infernape would've still been able to pound him into the ground with the 10 level difference. I guess it might've just been his in-game Starter for D/P/t and thus wasn't EV trained like my Stantler was.
Yeah wow, I just looked it up, Stantler's base defence is a measly 62. And I've had my butt kicked by Infernape enough times to know how strong it is. Still it's pretty neat for such a rarely used pokemon (if at all) to pull through especially with both a type and level disadvantage :p.

There's something about PokéGAF users in here... specifically, their avatars.

Some of them are just... well, adorable. It makes me want to hug them in person.

I still want to see the old avatars again, if only for the Dwebble time and Turtwig.

I was gonna say the only adorable thing I can see on the last page is a baby chocobo, but then I saw that Arcanine :p. Reminds me of a shiba inu.

Firestorm

Korea knows what's up. Wait, does that mean there are pokemon that are more popular in one region than another? Why is that?
Local metagames can evolve differently if they play each other more than others. Information on Korean players and ideas are also somewhat harder to find though that's changing. For a long time the Japanese metagame looked fairly different from the NA/EU one but with more GBU play, Japanese blog stalking, and Twitter interaction they're fairly similar now. Korea's not too much different either. We just noticed they really seem to like Escavalier (which more western players have had their eyes opened to)!
Escavalier is good? I always thought it's inferior when compared to Accelgor.

They don't have anywhere close to the same uses. With Accelgor the biggest thing you have to watch out for is Final Gambit. It can be crippling, though a lot of players have moved onto use Staraptor for that purpose.'

entremet

Done with all Soul Silver. Not catching them all due to the lack of WPA2 and I don't want to change my wifi stack for just one game. But I got all my favorite Gen I/II pokes.

I think I'm taking a break until X&Y. I played Black, White 2, and Soul Silver all back to back. I was originally going to do Platinum and Emerald as well, but I want to be fresh for X/Y.

Aggrotek

Especially since if it had the capacity to KO her, it would have regardless of what I told you to do. You didn't have anything that could hurt it.

But seriously though; I gotta do this again sometime. That was the best Friday night I've had in weeks.

I get the feeling you took me seriously. :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hate the Lostlorn Forest Hidden Grotto...I'm looking for Moxie Pinsir, and every time I head there to check it, I have to re-battle the goofy Pokemon Breeder. :/

I was gonna say the only adorable thing I can see on the last page is a baby chocobo, but then I saw that Arcanine :p. Reminds me of a shiba inu.

At first I was :D then I was :(

UltimateIke's Arcanine avatar is hard to beat, it melts my heart every time I see it haha.

<3

zPkNCQ1.png

"Screw you, Growlithe! I mean...Growlithe is cool! Ike..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's a tiger man. And the old arcanine avatar I had have too many "looked like it has female boobs" comments.

Also why are people comparing Arceus to Jesus or God? If anything it's more like Vishnu or Isanagi.

Also why are people comparing Arceus to Jesus or God? If anything it's more like Vishnu or Isanagi.

People tend to make comparisons to what they are familiar with, or what they know. It's like that in a lot of things. Not that I can help it, either, but I tend to compare Arceus to something else entirely, because I'm more familiar with something else. (Religion and beliefs? Mine's probably different from you guys here.)

Stage On

I guess they didn't adress why Primeape ended up back at the lab in the first place, well here's hoping.

They could have all of Ash's old pokemon at the lab including one's he never officially caught like Larvitar and Haunter with absolutely no explanation why and I'd be ok with it as long as they actually started to have him rotate his team so that he could use his reserves at any time.

It'd be awesome for the older mons to randomly pop up in episodes now and then, plus it'd go a long way to show Ash being the more advanced trainer he's supposed to be at this point.

Aggrotek

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/085/Kornheiser_Why.JPG[IMG]

I want to hear everyone's unique takes on the show.

Just about every guest has wonderful chemistry with you as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I felt like I was kinda interrupting you though. :(

I'm down for hosting whoever wants to guest.

I agree. I felt like I was kinda interrupting you though. :(

I'm down for hosting whoever wants to guest.

I will guest again.

Someday.

I need to redeem myself by giving you actual helpful information.

And it's okay; you were trying to concentrate while I was just spouting useless drivel. You had all the right to cut me off.

I'm not entirely opposed to doing an episode. I'm just kind of shy. And things are a little tumultuous right now, so I don't know when I would actually have time to record one with you. :(

I'm not entirely opposed to doing an episode. I'm just kind of shy. And things are a little tumultuous right now, so I don't know when I would actually have time to record one with you. :(

We should do a tag-team guest hosting to boost your confidence :3

Aggro's probably sick of me already

JoeM86

They could have all of Ash's old pokemon at the lab including one's he never officially caught like Larvitar and Haunter with absolutely no explanation why and I'd be ok with it as long as they actually started to have him rotate his team so that he could use his reserves at any time.

It'd be awesome for the older mons to randomly pop up in episodes now and then, plus it'd go a long way to show Ash being the more advanced trainer he's supposed to be at this point.

Well he rotates his Unova team at the moment. His current team, all rotating in Japan is

Pikachu, Charizard, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, Scraggy, Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Krookodile

We never get word of what ones he has until he sends them out at this time. The only time we've actually seen him rotate physically was recently when he
asked for Charizard to be sent

Edit: European VGC dates:

Italy VG National Championships - Milan, Italy
May 11th &#8211; 12th, 2013
Germany VG National Championships - Bochum, Germany
May 25th &#8211; 26th, 2013
UK VG National Championships - Birmingham, United Kingdom
June 1st &#8211; 2nd, 2013

Firestorm

Edit: European VGC dates:

May 25th &#8211; 26th, 2013
June 1st &#8211; 2nd, 2013

Those are National dates. For those only interested in the VG portion, these are the dates:

May 26th, 2013

June 2nd, 2013

Top Bottom