• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Apparently Ash's Butterfree is making a comeback, and Clair has a shiny Druggidon.
Iris and Cilan are also waving goodbye and saying "Sayonara", so it looks like they are definitely out by the end of this season. Seems like Ash will still be continuing though, but with two new traveling companions. Probably gym leaders from X and Y.

I was personally hoping Ash would be out as well and they would make a completely fresh start with the gen VI anime. Oh well.

Oh boy... I'm sorry for your loss :( Dunno why but I found ScraftyDevil's reaction to be funny:
oh no...oh no... oh my.

Haha; the reason for that was the stream I was watching was about 3-4 seconds behind, so I didn't know what he was reacting to until my end caught up. The first "oh no" was a catch-all response because I just didn't know what went wrong.

Btw ScraftyDevil, I'll still read your posts in a husky manly voice! :D

You're a peach.

Unicorn

Why isn't shiny Kecleon purple?

He better change colors in X/Y when his type changes.

Starmie also has to have the gem alternate colors like the pokedex told me it does.

Things like this will give more life to the pokemon in-game, especially when faced with creating unique animations for each pokemon.

add following pokemon and pokewalker support back
KuGsj.gif

Refyref

Poor Winifred. :(
You should watch out, this might be a curse placed on you by Chuck.
That wasn't really ScraftyDevil's fault, don't be so down on yourself. (You also don't have a tiny voice like you warned us!)

That wasn't really ScraftyDevil's fault, don't be so down on yourself. (You also don't have a tiny voice like you warned us!)

Nah, I take responsibility. I told him to use an X-Special Defense instead of switching, and look where that got him.

Also, I said I have a weenie voice, which I do.

Refyref

And for the record I think I have a dumb voice. :(

You're a kinder soul than most of my friends, Refyref :)

You've both got nothing on me in regards to bad voices. (Although I haven't recorded myself in years, who knows how it sounds now)

I need a shirt that says this immediately.

Also, why doesn't PokéGAF have a shirt yet?! PonyGAF has like, ten for chrissakes!

Because no one rose up to the task of creating one.
Also because I wouldn't be able to buy it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Did my first Random WiFi today in quite awhile, the dude I went up against had Infernape, the Lati@s, and the Kami Trio and I was like, fucking shit man.

First up was my Stantler...I don't think I've ever used this guy (I forgot if I finished EV training him), and I didn't realize Pokemon under 40 weren't boosted up, so it was a Level 40 Stantler vs. his Infernape. Surprisingly, Mach Punch didn't kill Stantler...he actually survived it and OHKO'd Infernape with Earthquake. I was fucking pumped!

Then Latias killed it, but Medicham was up. Quick Claw came through for me and I Ice Punched Latias, it froze, and then I killed it. Then Landorus came out, Quick Claw worked once more, and I OHKO'd that fucker with Ice Punch too.

Didn't even need to use Hariyama. I feel proud. :)

Madao

since when did they remove the rule that said that whoever used perish song on their last poke would lose the match?

i can't believe they removed that rule and i lost to some asshole who lucked his win with protect. my 2 pokes were faster than his last one and he won with this bullshit. these fucking tournaments piss me off more and more each time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Butterfree's ep also came out in PokeSmash, and usually PokeSmash reruns tend to be related to an incoming anime ep.

JoeM86

Butterfree's ep also came out in PokeSmash, and usually PokeSmash reruns tend to be related to an incoming anime ep.

Not this time. They've started taking viewer requests

Besides, if that was their intent, they'd have shown it just before the ep where it allegedly returns, like they did with Charizard

Escavalier is really good! It's one of Korea's favourites! I consider it their National Pokemon XD

Korea knows what's up. Wait, does that mean there are pokemon that are more popular in one region than another? Why is that?

First up was my Stantler...I don't think I've ever used this guy (I forgot if I finished EV training him), and I didn't realize Pokemon under 40 weren't boosted up, so it was a Level 40 Stantler vs. his Infernape. Surprisingly, Mach Punch didn't kill Stantler...he actually survived it and OHKO'd Infernape with Earthquake. I was fucking pumped!

HAHA brilliant! Underestimation bit him in the butt. That or a weak Infernape. Does Stantler have Intimidate ability?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Escavalier is good? I always thought it's inferior when compared to Accelgor.

Not this time. They've started taking viewer requests

Besides, if that was their intent, they'd have shown it just before the ep where it allegedly returns, like they did with Charizard

Ahh I hope they re-air butterfree again!

That is far more likely. In a recent opening, Primeape was seen in Oak's Lab, Pidgeot was not.

Primeape also made an appearance recently during one of the flashbacks

So this maybe implies that Ash gets his P1 Grand Prix super Primeape back from Hitmonchan man?
I can only assume in the past decade it's conquered the entire pokemon fighting world, all that's left is the Pokemon league itself.

jeZnT.jpg

BEST IN THE WORLD
Why are you celebrating Brock? you brought a Geodude to a fighting pokemon tournament ya moron.

Primeape vs Conkeldurr, book that match up and i'll watch the anime for it.

JoeM86

So this maybe implies that Ash gets his P1 Grand Prix super Primeape back from Hitmonchan man?
I can only assume in the past decade it's conquered the entire pokemon fighting world, all that's left is the Pokemon league itself.

jeZnT.jpg

BEST IN THE WORLD
Why are you celebrating Brock? you brought a Geodude to a fighting pokemon tournament ya moron.

Primeape vs Conkeldurr, book that match up and i'll watch the anime for it.

It's possible, though the Oak's Lab scene showed all of Ash's Pokémon in training, Charizard, Squirtle, Primeape and Gliscor, as being within the laboratory. This then got furthered though from Ash calling Oak for Charizard recently so it's hard to say

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Here's an idea...

What if Primeape returns because it has a Gen VI Evolution. 0.o

HAHA brilliant! Underestimation bit him in the butt. That or a weak Infernape. Does Stantler have Intimidate ability?
Yeah, Stantler had Intimidate, but even then it seemed like Infernape would've still been able to pound him into the ground with the 10 level difference. I guess it might've just been his in-game Starter for D/P/t and thus wasn't EV trained like my Stantler was.

Still not as bad as Georgia bringing a Bisharp to a Fighting-type tournament and somehow managing to make it past the first round.
The anime logic must be it looks like a fighter so it counts, type disadvantages be damned.

It's possible, though the Oak's Lab scene showed all of Ash's Pokémon in training, Charizard, Squirtle, Primeape and Gliscor, as being within the laboratory. This then got furthered though from Ash calling Oak for Charizard recently so it's hard to say
I guess they didn't adress why Primeape ended up back at the lab in the first place, well here's hoping.

Here's an idea...

What if Primeape returns because it has a Gen VI Evolution. 0.o

I'm not sure how i'd feel about this, I'm picturing a cross between the Fuzzball itself and Slaking with a hint of Abomasnow.

Top Bottom