• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

entremet

While I love a lof Gen V's additions--rustling grass and rippling water aren't one of them.

First they're totally random, second there are some Pokemon that have 5 percent appearance rates in them on top of that! Ugh! Talk about terrible encounter numbers for catching them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
While I love a lof Gen V's additions--rustling grass and rippling water aren't one of them.

First they're totally random, second there are some Pokemon that have 5 percent appearance rates in them on top of that! Ugh! Talk about terrible encounter numbers for catching them.

Rustling grass in particular is more on grinding than anything really.

Nice, what is your Gyarados set and rest of your team? I aint played 2v2, so I'm not that aware of it.

Currently my team is Mienshao, Gyarados, Suicune, Volcarona, Gallade and therian Thundurus. Just a simple team using pokes I like, usually start by Fake Out + Gyarados or Volcarona dance, or use Suicune to set up Tailwind so Gallade can kick butt. Gyarados has Dragon Dance, Outrage, Waterfall, Ice fang. It used to have Taunt, wasn't that long ago I realised Gyarados could learn Outrage, Kingdra blocked me for the longest time :p.

I like to switch around a lot though, I like using Kangaskhan with Gyarados as well.

I think the closest you could get is a pet vine snake :p.

pbio-vinesnake_zps5e59cb49.jpg

Or a plushie.

Boss Doggie

So
the Genesect Ash befriends
can talk. Simplified, but can talk.

dawwww

I'm imagining Johnny 5.

I'm not sure how much they help, but there are Entralink Pass Powers for increasing the frequency of grass and dust spots appearing and for increasing the encounter rate of uncommon Pokémon appearing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Rusting grass and Rippling water are too easy imo.

entremet

I'm not sure how much they help, but there are Entralink Pass Powers for increasing the frequency of grass and dust spots appearing and for increasing the encounter rate of uncommon Pokémon appearing.

Really? I've never messed with Entralink stuff. It always seemed so weird, confusing and out of place.

I was trying to encounter Castform, who has a 5 percent encounter rate in rustling grass. It was a pain. Going for the Unova Dex. Comtemplating National, but that just seems like so much more time and I would need Emerald and Platinum at least.

Stage On

So
the Genesect Ash befriends
can talk. Simplified, but can talk.

dawwww

I'm imagining Johnny 5.

*sigh* I know they'll never actually allow it to happen, but how cool would it be if Ash was actually allowed to catch something he befriended in a movie like this?

MikeMyers

Currently my team is Mienshao, Gyarados, Suicune, Volcarona, Gallade and therian Thundurus. Just a simple team using pokes I like, usually start by Fake Out + Gyarados or Volcarona dance, or use Suicune to set up Tailwind so Gallade can kick butt. Gyarados has Dragon Dance, Outrage, Waterfall, Ice fang. It used to have Taunt, wasn't that long ago I realised Gyarados could learn Outrage, Kingdra blocked me for the longest time :p.

I like to switch around a lot though, I like using Kangaskhan with Gyarados as well.

Yeah, Outrage is underrated on Gyarados. I love Choice Band Gyarados, it beats a lot of heavyweights 1-1 including Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Heatran, & Landours. Well, provided they are not carrying an electric attack, but that's rare.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bought Gates of Infinity the other day, and I'm enjoying it...a bit too easy for my taste, and annoying text speed, but there's things I like. Pokemon Paradise is pretty cute, and I love how your whole team hangs out there.

The best part is LEAKED EXP, fuck yes. Now my whole crew doesn't rot at camp forever, but instead I can easily switch my party up each time and everyone will more or less be on equal footing.

Companion Mode is pretty cool, as I always found it annoying a bit in the older games where you were stuck with your Main and Partner for long stretches at a time.

A place I shop at had Platinum back in stock for the first time in ages for a pretty good price so I've just ordered it. Looking forward to finally revisiting the best Pokemon adventure.

Boss Doggie

I'm surprised that the only leaked info in Coro Coro is Mewtwo's form. Surely it has stuff from anime and such.

JoeM86

I'm surprised that the only leaked info in Coro Coro is Mewtwo's form. Surely it has stuff from anime and such.

Nope. CoroCoro seldom touches upon the anime, only when a new saga is revealed.

The following were in CoroCoro for Pokémon

Mewtwo - Page on it for XY, other pages for Mewtwo
Pokémon TCG - Rundown of a few cards from the recent Megalo Cannon set (plus awesome art)
Pokémon Tretta - New promotion, a championship announcement and a hint about a 3DS connection
Pokémon Rumble U - Minor details and a password
Pokémon VGC: Details on the real life CoroCoro Cup and the WiFi Japan Cup and how they tie to the VGC this year
Movie Manga

I'm not sure if this is the place for it but I desperately need an electrizer to evolve my Electabuzz. I thought I could get one in game but I got Black 2 and the item isn't in the game at all to my knowledge :( does anyone have one they can spare for me?

It would be so greatly appreciated!

JoeM86

We are essentially on par with the reveals as of May 2010 for Black & White. As such, it's likely they'll kick off next month, or more likely in June with more X & Y related stuff

January 2010: Black & White revealed
February 2010: Zoroark & Zorua revealed (Movie Pokémon #1 & #2)
March 2010: Nothing
April 2010: Engine shots (plus name confirmation of the games)
May 2010: Starters and Legends

Here it's

January 2013: X & Y revealed
January 2013: Starters & Legends + Engine shots
February 2013: Sylveon revealed (Movie Pokémon #1)
March 2013: Nothing
April 2013: Mewtwo form revealed (Movie Pokémon #2)

If we assume that we've been on par with the May reveals since January, I could easily see region details and a map, one or two towns and protagonist/rivals art and details next month.

The Pokemon flood can start in June.

JoeM86

If we assume that we've been on par with the May reveals since January, I could easily see region details and a map, one or two towns and protagonist/rivals art and details next month.

The Pokemon flood can start in June.

Don't expect much of a flood either. We'll be lucky to get 30 new ones before launch this time

Makes me wonder whether an idea of a media blackout is in the cards again for me. Sometimes... it seems that would be something that can take my mind away from wanting more information.
I must not, I must not, I must not

We are essentially on par with the reveals as of May 2010 for Black & White. As such, it's likely they'll kick off next month, or more likely in June with more X & Y related stuff

January 2010: Black & White revealed
February 2010: Zoroark & Zorua revealed (Movie Pokémon #1 & #2)
March 2010: Nothing
April 2010: Engine shots (plus name confirmation of the games)
May 2010: Starters and Legends

Here it's

January 2013: X & Y revealed
January 2013: Starters & Legends + Engine shots
February 2013: Sylveon revealed (Movie Pokémon #1)
March 2013: Nothing
April 2013: Mewtwo form revealed (Movie Pokémon #2)
Black and White were revealed in April.

From your own site.
"The official site has just updated with some details stating that a brand new Pokémon game series, perhaps a fifth generation is scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS in 2010 in Japan. Further details on this game series have yet to be announced but the site has stated that it will be an RPG and the press release hinted that new Pokémon were in it. Will this series be a brand new series or the beginning of the fifth generation? We'll bring more as and when Nintendo releases information"

This is the only thing about B&W in January, and it is not an announcement. It is however an announcement of an announcement.
Like I said a few days ago the only reveal that lined up with B&W is the movie reveal, which is still different because it is a new form and not a new Pokemon(also in the wrong month). I honestly don't think we can use Gen V to predict Gen VI reveals.

JoeM86

Black and White were revealed in April.

From your own site.
"The official site has just updated with some details stating that a brand new Pokémon game series, perhaps a fifth generation is scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS in 2010 in Japan. Further details on this game series have yet to be announced but the site has stated that it will be an RPG and the press release hinted that new Pokémon were in it. Will this series be a brand new series or the beginning of the fifth generation? We'll bring more as and when Nintendo releases information"

This is the only thing about B&W in January, and it is not an announcement. It is however an announcement of an announcement.
Like I said a few days ago the only reveal that lined up with B&W is the movie reveal, which is still different because it is a new form and not a new Pokemon(also in the wrong month). I honestly don't think we can use Gen V to predict Gen VI reveals.

It wasn't an announcement of an announcement, that would be: "We'll reveal these games in April".

This was the revelation of the next batch of main series Pokémon games, due for release in 2010. Just because they weren't named does not mean the games were not first revealed then.

I never said we could use Gen V to predict Gen VI reveals, what I have been doing is calming people who think we're "behind" with news

It wasn't an announcement of an announcement, that would be: "We'll reveal these games in April".

This was the revelation of the next batch of main series Pokémon games, due for release in 2010. Just because they weren't named does not mean the games were not first revealed then.

I never said we could use Gen V to predict Gen VI reveals, what I have been doing is calming people who think we're "behind" with news
They just said new games, we didn't know if they were Gen V or not. They didn't reveal anything, all they said was that there would be new games.

Considering how early they revealed the game, how much they revealed, how little we have gotten since, and the fact that they come out October and not September I would say people have the right to be a bit antsy, but it'll all be okay soon.

Top Bottom