• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

CorvoSol

Why?

Is what the male voice in the beginning says. That fits with Genesect.

It also doesn't fit in with where Mewtwo should be philosophically, since he learned why he was here in like, the first movie, didn't he?

And if Mewtwo changes gender and forme there will be a pretty big hootinany, I expect. Genderless or not, ain't nobody who heard them deep tones in the first movie who ever thought of Mewtwo as anything other than male.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, the plot is essentially about the Genesect escaping Plasma, returning to their home to find only a snowy mountain, and then heads to a nearby town.

It also doesn't fit in with where Mewtwo should be philosophically, since he learned why he was here in like, the first movie, didn't he?

And if Mewtwo changes gender and forme there will be a pretty big hootinany, I expect. Genderless or not, ain't nobody who heard them deep tones in the first movie who ever thought of Mewtwo as anything other than male.

Hahahah I love /vp/'s explanation.

I wonder just how broken this new Mewtwo form is going to be. I mean of all Pokemon to get a power up Mewtwo needed it least.

I really doubt they will make it's stats higher. Will probably just change up it's stat placement. Though of course that could still make it better than the original.

Boss Doggie

dat quality

13662969744528hup6.jpg

Also apparently that Spanish guy who has been correct all the time has stated that Sylveon is
Flying

After Kyurem I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the new Mewtwo form has a base stat total of 700.

But doesn't base Kyurem have less stat total than other legendaries like Mewtwo and Lugia? Though I suppose that really doesn't matter, since they could do whatever they want. It will be interesting what they end up doing with Moetwo.

Stage On

But doesn't base Kyurem have less stat total than other legendaries like Mewtwo and Lugia? Though I suppose that really doesn't matter, since they could do whatever they want. It will be interesting what they end up doing with Moetwo.

Maybe he'll reclaim the top spot from Arceus with his new form.

I showed the Stats Judge a Timid Staryu with 5 in attack and 6 in everything else, and he declares that its best stat is Attack. So is he an idiot or something?

I don't know if I should keep trying for ideal IV's. I'm not going to play competitively, but I still want to take this Starmie to the World Tournament.

Salsa

well it looks like im getting my 3DS in May

have they ever said anything about the October worldwide release for X & Y being digital as well? should I expect $40?

Boss Doggie

I think Pokemon XY is going to be available digitally, after all despite being digital the game knows you can't "keep" saves.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo hasn't not released a game on the eShop since August, so yeah I think it's a done deal. Even if it is exploitable somehow, I don't think they would skip out on digital sales just for that.

Stage On

well it looks like im getting my 3DS in May

have they ever said anything about the October worldwide release for X & Y being digital as well? should I expect $40?

Why wouldn't they do a digital release? They make mad bank off those since it costs next to nothing for them compared to the physical version.

And yes expect it to be full price.

backlot

I showed the Stats Judge a Timid Staryu with 5 in attack and 6 in everything else, and he declares that its best stat is Attack. So is he an idiot or something?

I don't know if I should keep trying for ideal IV's. I'm not going to play competitively, but I still want to take this Starmie to the World Tournament.

The judge tells you the highest IV, not the highest stat. A Staryu with a low Special Attack IV would still have a higher Special Attack stat than Attack.

If you do decide to keep trying for better IV's you might want to look up some breeding techniques.

Salsa

Why wouldn't they do a digital release? They make mad bank off those since it costs next to nothing for them compared to the physical version.

And yes expect it to be full price.

are all big games $40 on the eshop? thought there were some that went for a bit more. That's cool

Nintendo hasn't not released a game on the eShop since August, so yeah I think it's a done deal. Even if it is exploitable somehow, I don't think they would skip out on digital sales just for that.

just wondering on the date, if they'll have it up same day as retail

seems to be their MO tho so yeah

zroid

Banned
are all big games $40 on the eshop? thought there were some that went for a bit more. That's cool

It's kind of weird in Europe, apparently. Some games cost more on the eShop there, no idea what's going on with NOE. But NOA prices everything same as retail.

just wondering on the date, if they'll have it up same day as retail

seems to be their MO tho so yeah

Yeah I think they've been launching all their eShop releases of retail games at midnight Eastern Time of their street dates so far. So West coasters actually get it a few hours early. :p

Salsa

only bummer is that I wont be able to take advantage of club nintendo and all that, since i'd be owning a US system while living on South America

but eh, im just happy to not have to deal with importing games again. same day/price DD is really the best thing Nintendo has done in recent times.

just hope it doesnt break :p gimme that account system

It's kind of weird in Europe, apparently. Some games cost more on the eShop there, no idea what's going on with NOE. But NOA prices everything same as retail.

It's not NOE, it's retailers. NOE (and Nintendo Australia) have games on the eShop for their recommended retail price, retailers are undercutting them to make sure people don't go digital.

zroid

Banned
It's not NOE, it's retailers. NOE (and Nintendo Australia) have games on the eShop for their recommended retail price, retailers are undercutting them to make sure people don't go digital.

Well, I do know that the retail pricing situation is a bit more variable in Europe, but the weird thing is I believe some games are priced at 45€ on the eShop? Maybe it is NOE's MSRP, but that seems all kinds of wrong.

BTW, no need to chime in about the Australian pricing, I'm well aware. :p

I probably wouldn't have bothered with the Canadian eShop if not for lack of physical space in my room. And convenience. $35 is still, for some reason, a bit too rich for my tastes, though, when compared to what you can get for used at my place usually.

Then again... It's still $5 better than what it used to be.

Zeroth

what became of the rumor that Nintendo was gonna start doing $35 for all digital releases?

I don't think it was exclusive to digital. I haven't caught up with any recent games other than the ones listed in that thread, but it's worth noting Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was priced at $35 while Luigi' Mansion 2 (which came later in the same week) was $40, so I really wouldn't trust it unless we get more details.

zroid

Banned
It's not for -all- releases. They've just set the price of DKC Returns 3D, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and PMD:GTI at $35, that's all. It's not like they haven't sold some 3DS games for $35 in the past either. It might be more common henceforth, but I wouldn't assume it'll be standard. Also, that price is the same at both eShop and retail.

JoeM86

All Nintendo first party retail titles (this includes Pokémon) are dual-released in retail and on the eShop.

All eShop games will be the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price except during sales and special occasions. It has been said that retailers ( Amazon, Wal-Mart etc.) have got a clause in their contract that states that if the publisher attempts to undercut the retailers on their own distribution methods, then the retailer would cease to stock products from the publisher, which is obviously not an ideal thing.

Nintendo have a way around this in Japan, and it's now starting with GAME in Europe where the retailers can sell download cards for full retail titles, and they can price them however they see fit. This way retailers sell download titles, with a higher profit margin due to being able to stock more and not have to have ridiculous shipping fees.

For example, Luigi's Mansion 2's download code on GAME in the UK is £33.99. Its price on the eShop is £39.99.

It has nothing to do with retailers trying to dissuade from digital sales, since Nintendo outlined a way they can still profit from them

Here's my final feelings on slyveons type. I do not believe it to be flying. If it was just flying gamefreak wouldnt be so coy about it especially after glaceon and leafeon. In addition to this nothing in the movie short trailer suggests flying type powers. If anything it displayed more "mystical" powers than anything.

Who's going to bet that it's something out of nowhere? Not Flying, not Dragon, not Cute, not whatever but something so weird that you'd swear that they're pulling them out of... somewhere?

Top Bottom