• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

JoeM86

The only thing I want... is that nothing bad ever happens to them. Don't get fired. That's all I have to say.

Don't get caught if you want to leak, either. Hard to say whether they'll not get caught when they leak, though. It's not a matter of if, but when, knowing them.

If they're caught and got punished for leaking, well... oh my.

Violating Non-Disclosure Agreements is serious business, as is leaking company secrets.

When people typically leak stuff, they do it anonymously, or to a person they trust who then promise to keep it anonymous. This is how they avoid getting hit.

Back in early September 2010, the Unova Starters were leaked on 2ch. Earlier, in May 2010, the same person posted about Professor Juniper, Triple & Rotation Battles, those battles being more common in either game, and so forth. The problem is, that board on 2ch posts your IP address. This is why I was confident in its authenticity when it was posted before I got it confirmed through people I know in high places. Due to it posting the IP address, the person was found and then arrested (http://kotaku.com/5780034/pokmon-suspect-cops-arrest-you/).

It really is a serious thing to leak stuff. Since the cease and desist I received, I have been less inclined to post things.

If, and I must stress the word if, Hiro is speaking the truth, then the consequences may be dire for him.

I thought Hiro was fired.

Melkor is the one who left ONM. Hiro seemingly still works there

There has to be a new type. Nothing about that skyveon trailer suggested flying and it would be so stupid for gf to remain silent about a flying type pokemon.

JoeM86

Yeah, they often keep types quiet.

Hell, they could just be doing it while we get past the movie information period and then get into the XY information.

If they decide to get going on XY information in the next CoroCoro, then we may see their types there

DaBoss

All three were obviously dragon types and their secondary typing could easily be gathered from a trailer. It isnt quite the same.

There was no trailer at the time. They revealed the legendaries and kept quiet about the types of each Pokemon.

EDIT: I think it was known they were Dragon types because they said so, but their secondary types weren't revealed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'll take what was posted with grains of salt because he is fired from Nintendo Spain, so unless he still has sources...

Anyway,
Xerneas and Sylveon are Fairy and Yveltal is Dark/Flying

Oh, I see. That would be very interesting but I don't think real Hiro would post and risk his job just like that. Unless it was anonymous.

JoeM86

I only see one semi logical type to add to the game, and that's Sound

This whole thing is just a mess. We'll see in CoroCoro

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Fairy is logical type too ever since they added Clefairy, Chansey and Jigglypuff. They look like Fairy type to me rather than Normal type. It would be very interesting if they change several pokemonn's types, like those pokemon that I just mentioned.

Jofamo

I think there's a big difference in keeping the types of the new cover legendaries (who's main appeals are design and power) and new Eevee evolutions (who's whole point is typing) secret.

Keeping the former secret isn't a big deal, most people dont battle with legendaries. The latter is all kinds of exciting.

There was no trailer at the time. They revealed the legendaries and kept quiet about the types of each Pokemon.

EDIT: I think it was known they were Dragon types because they said so, but their secondary types weren't revealed.

Right. Im saying both were obviously dragon and HAD there been a trailer both typings would have been simple to discern. Looking at slyveon in that pokemon short i cannot say the same thing. Plus it makes sense to be coy about legends but an eevee evolution?

JoeM86

Fairy is logical type too ever since they added Clefairy, Chansey and Jigglypuff. They look like Fairy type to me rather than Normal type. It would be very interesting if they change several pokemonn's types, like those pokemon that I just mentioned.

That doesn't make it logical too. That's just what they're based on.

Sound however, has a proven mechanic. Many moves are classed as Sound, and there's an ability that negates it, too

DaBoss

Right. Im saying both were obviously dragon and HAD there been a trailer both typings would have been simple to discern. Looking at slyveon in that pokemon short i cannot say the same thing. Plus it makes sense to be coy about legends but an eevee evolution?

Not necessarily. They could have just had them act like a Dragon type and do no moves that would indicate it has a second type or something.

entremet

If fairy is a new type will Clefairy be retyped or given fairy on top of normal, kinda like Magnemite was retyped in Gen II?

edit: beaten.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That doesn't make it logical too. That's just what they're based on.

Sound however, has a proven mechanic. Many moves are classed as Sound, and there's an ability that negates it, too

But most of them are spread on different types iirc, like Bug Buzz.

This whole thing is just a mess. We'll see in CoroCoro

I don't really see how sound can warrant being logical over fairy.

Sure, there are sound moves ... but sound as a type doesn't seem like it would be very visually appealing to me. I mean, it's sound ... would it make sense to have attacks where the Pokemon Cloak's themselves in "sound waves" and ram into others? There ARE abstract ways to use sound (Pistol Shrimp is a grand example of how Sound can be used as a weapon without making it a "yell") but I wonder how would it make sense to kids.

Echolocation would be an easy concept ... but what else could kids understand? Would it be strong to fire (sound waves can put out fire)? Would it be strong or weak to steel? What would it do to "air types"?

With a "Fairy type" it seems more like a concept that people young and old can get behind. Fairy, to me, screams "magic, trickery, charm and life".

Boss Doggie

I always thought "type" implies it'd be "part" of its body, like how being Fire type implies you have flames somewhere in your body. Sound feels... "external"? Like how would one be made up of sound or have a part of sound? Most sound-based Pokemon (like Loudred or Seismitoad) only "use" sound rather than being a "sound".

Actually, only five of them are not Normal-type
Ah I see.

MikeMyers

20885_602274406450174_69193238_n.jpg

I disagree here, but that's just me. I only feel confirmed info should be spread around. Hell, Newtwo didn't get its own thread when it leaked, did it?

Personally speaking, I think it should have.

Anyway, this isn't some random guy on 4chan, this is a guy who has serious prior form.

Don't get me wrong, I'm labelling the thread up to the eyeballs with rumour, but if nothing else it's an interesting discussion point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Regardless, I think a new rumour from a previously reliable source probably deserves a new thread.

Personally speaking, I think it should have.

Anyway, this isn't some random guy on 4chan, this is a guy who has serious prior form.

Don't get me wrong, I'm labelling the thread up to the eyeballs with rumour, but if nothing else it's an interesting discussion point.

Are you sure that it's real Hiro? I can't find any source about it but only /VP/. That's what shown up on Google.

Stage On

They didn't even want to confirm that the New Mewtwo form was a new form at first and played it up like it could be a new mystery Pokemon.

The only reason they are hiding Slyveon type is so they can draw things out while revealing the least amount of information possible.

This way they get to make a big deal about Slyveon twice and it'll seem like big news each time, where as if they had revealed it's type upfront we wouldn't talk about it even 1/4 as much as we are now.

So I just realised something about Movie 16. I think that Red Genesect and Mewtwo are not parodying DBZ but they are actually parodying Gundam.

Red Genesect is said to be faster than regular Genesect. Char's Zaku II is 3 times faster than a normal Zaku II. They are also both red, while their normal counterparts are purple and green respectively.

Awakened Mewtwo is like the Qubeley, which is a mobile suit that takes full advantage of Newtypes who have pseudo-psychic powers. Their colour schemes are also similar.

I know the DBZ connotations are a more popular way of thinking about it, but I couldn't help but think about Gundam when seeing that second trailer.

Edit: I'm also a member now.

DaBoss

So I just realised something about Movie 16. I think that Red Genesect and Mewtwo are not parodying DBZ but they are actually parodying Gundam.

Red Genesect is said to be faster than regular Genesect. Char's Zaku II is 3 times faster than a normal Zaku II. They are also both red, while their normal counterparts are purple and green respectively.

Awakened Mewtwo is like the Qubeley, which is a mobile suit that takes full advantage of Newtypes who have pseudo-psychic powers. Their colour schemes are also similar.

I know the DBZ connotations are a more popular way of thinking about it, but I couldn't help but think about Gundam when seeing that second trailer.

umpoihjup9.gif

zroid

Banned

You've ruined EVERYTHING

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just for the record, I've been suggesting Fairy-type since Sylveon first popped up. Seriously, you can look back through my posts. I even suggested Xerneas being part of it, and Clefairy being re-typed.

So, yeah, surprise, I actually had secret sources all the time too!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just for the record, I've been suggesting Fairy-type since Sylveon first popped up. Seriously, you can look back through my posts. I even suggested Xerneas being part of it, and Clefairy being re-typed.

So, yeah, surprise, I actually had secret sources all the time too!

Yeah, you might called it if it's real. We'll see when Official source confirm the information.

Boss Doggie

Yeah Shiny Genesect with ExtremeSpeed is a Char reference (his Zaku is three times faster etc.). But first time hearing about Quebeley.

*something about Mewtwo being like Haman*

OctoWara289

Neo Member
I don't see how Hiro's hints warrant a new thread or all the calamity... Yes he has a proven track-record, but I really don't think he knows anymore than the rest of us, and whatever he knows, has been speculated 1000 of times before. It's obvious Sylveon is a new type, we just don't know what it is... come on, if Hiro is right, it would not have taken a genius to figure out all along what Sylveon is. None of us have been able to confirm, neither has he... Moving on... The only thing we can hope for is something new next month that confirms, and if it does confirm FAIRY type, let's not give this guy credit, because 1000's of others called it first. This is the same guy that said Sylveon was Flying type two weeks ago.

Stage On

I don't see how Hiro's hints warrant a new thread or all the calamity... Yes he has a proven track-record, but I really don't think he knows anymore than the rest of us, and whatever he knows, has been speculated 1000 of times before. It's obvious Sylveon is a new type, we just don't know what it is... come on, if Hiro is right, it would not have taken a genius to figure out all along what Sylveon is. None of us have been able to confirm, neither has he... Moving on... The only thing we can hope for is something new next month that confirms, and if it does confirm FAIRY type, let's not give this guy credit, because 1000's of others called it first. This is the same guy that said Sylveon was Flying type two weeks ago.

How is it so obvious that it's a new type?

They wouldn't even straight out say Mewtwo's new form was actually it's new form and where playing it up as if it was totally new Pokemon until the movie trailer revealed the truth.

Top Bottom