• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Salsa

It's not for -all- releases. They've just set the price of DKC Returns 3D, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and PMD:GTI at $35, that's all. It's not like they haven't sold some 3DS games for $35 in the past either. It might be more common henceforth, but I wouldn't assume it'll be standard. Also, that price is the same at both eShop and retail.

Animal Crossing at $35 is a pretty big deal IMO. I get DKCR cause it's a port, but a new Animal Crossing game would probably sell regardless. Im personally surprised to see it at that price.

But yeah for some reason I doubt we'll see Mario games priced at that

zroid

Banned
Animal Crossing at $35 is a pretty big deal IMO. I get DKCR cause it's a port, but a new Animal Crossing game would probably sell regardless. Im personally surprised to see it at that price.

But yeah for some reason I doubt we'll see Mario games priced at that

Yeah I was really surprised about Animal Crossing. The other two make sense based on Nintendo's historical pricing schemes, but I definitely didn't expect it for AC (and remained skeptical until it was confirmed not too long ago).

Stage On

Yeah I was really surprised about Animal Crossing. The other two make sense based on Nintendo's historical pricing schemes, but I definitely didn't expect it for AC (and remained skeptical until it was confirmed not too long ago).

Too bad it's still $40 in Canada :( Bah.

Chances of Pokemon being $35? I'm not holding my breath based on past history.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish they sell digital codes here. I wonder if there are online shops that do. I'd rather buy AC as a digital game.

Stage On

Luckily, I already got my pre-order locked in at $35! :D (when bestbuy.ca was still doing the $5 off pre-orders thing)

Yah I wish I had pre ordered back then but I was holding out for it to be possibly be cheaper during an E3 sale.

It really sucks they got rid of the $5 off thing. That was often the only discount you could get for some games :(

Boss Doggie

Know any sites that sell digital versions of 3DS games?

EDIT: Oh, BestBuy has it. I wonder if it takes Paypal.

I wonder whether I should still get Rumble Blast at this point of time at a very nice discount (it's bargain bin stuff here - about half price or something) or save it for X and Y.

zroid

Banned
Yah I wish I had pre ordered back then but I was holding out for it to be possibly be cheaper during an E3 sale.

It really sucks they got rid of the $5 off thing. That was often the only discount you could get for some games :(

lol, are you a glist member? if it's anything like last year, there's a decent chance we might be able to get it for 20 bucks at E3.

MikeMyers

tumblr_m43iodd2Rg1r5gh74o1_500.gif

JoeM86

That video was such a tease.

"Hey guys, the anime could actually be this good, but nope!"

The anime IS that good when you take 5 one minute long scenes from the show, happen to being action scenes. I could probably do it using the Best Wishes saga, including Episode N for the Team Plasma stuff.

Pokemon doesn't really exist as a story or action-based show. It's just there to make money and entertain/ not entertain whoever who can't get enough Pokemon. And to think, we thought Ash was actually going to amount to something while watching the Kanto arc.

I don't think there's ever going to be any sort of Pokemon anime with story or action. Pokemon Adventures manga is the closest you'll get.

Neo Child

Banned
The anime IS that good when you take 5 one minute long scenes from the show, happen to being action scenes. I could probably do it using the Best Wishes saga, including Episode N for the Team Plasma stuff.

I seriousely doubt that.

Just finished watching the Unova league episodes and animation is nowhere near that short-level quality.

I thought the Sinnoh league had lots better animation for battles. Probably solely due to Infernape though.

Stage On

lol, are you a glist member? if it's anything like last year, there's a decent chance we might be able to get it for 20 bucks at E3.

Yes but the list of stuff they make eligible for the glist coupons during e3 can be quite restrictive. I remember last year quite a few games weren't applicable for the discount since they simply didn't have them listed on the site.

I hope they have the same thing again this year, it's the only reason I even continued to be a memeber when all the other perks are so worthless to me.

I seriousely doubt that.

Just finished watching the Unova league episodes and animation is nowhere near that short-level quality.

I thought the Sinnoh league had lots better animation for battles. Probably solely due to Infernape though.

BW reused attack scenes WAY to much.

Really they need a new writing staff on the show, Ash has become way to immature to please the preschoolers and rivals were handled terribly (to many rivals, all really didn't have much development).

JoeM86

BW reused attack scenes WAY to much.

Really they need a new writing staff on the show, Ash has become way to immature to please the preschoolers and rivals were handled terribly (to many rivals, all really didn't have much development).

I disagree. Ash shows loads of maturity these days. It's really more of a dub thing to aim lower though

Neo Child

Banned
I disagree. Ash shows loads of maturity these days. It's really more of a dub thing to aim lower though

if by maturity you mean stripped of any personality he once had i agree

"wow i cant wait to battle these trainers"
"pikachu arent you pscyhed"
"wow that was sure cool"

JoeM86

Heh, Hiro is teasing something about the "cute" legendary this gen

He's living very dangerously if he is going to leak stuff this early.

I wouldn't dare leak anything I know, especially after what happened in 2010.

There's a reason why people who genuinely leak stuff do it anonymously...

JoeM86

So he is genuine?

It's a possibility

Both he and Melkor worked at the Official Nintendo Magazine in Spain back in 2010, obviously with ties to Nintendo. Melkor and he leaked many of the Pokémon in the run-up to BW, with Hiro doing fan-art. They then posted pictures of screenshots from the alpha-build of the game. These were the ones I reposted, which caused Nintendo to get very, very angry. I'm lucky my site survived it, especially considering how their lawyer went into overkill mode.

Shortly after the incident, Melkor left ONM. We don't know if it was willingly, or if he was fired. Hiro, however, still works at ONM as far as I know.

I also know outright that Nintendo tightened up security and everything after the Black & White leaks. With X & Y being even more worldwide, they'll be even more on board with the security.

If he does go through with this, and it is legit, I fully expect Nintendo to destroy him.

Boss Doggie

We can always tag spoilers

Also it seems like he's gonna reveal Sylveon, Xerneas, and Yveltal's typing, and he misheard Flying.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, saw the thread on /vp/, in an hour or so he's gonna spill the beans on a New Type apparently.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just don't take whatever he says to be 100% fact yet.

Hey, I trusted in the Mewtwo Forme, and I was right. And PokeExperto back in Gen V during Wottergate.

I'll trust in Hiro. Plus, I was pushing for the Fairy-type, so, you know, biased here.

JoeM86

Hey, I trusted in the Mewtwo Forme, and I was right. And PokeExperto back in Gen V during Wottergate.

I'll trust in Hiro. Plus, I was pushing for the Fairy-type, so, you know, biased here.

I don't recall Pokéxperto saying much of anything during Wottergate...that was mostly focused on me, but fair enough.

I just feel it's way too early for him to have stuff.

Boss Doggie

I'll take what was posted with grains of salt because he is fired from Nintendo Spain, so unless he still has sources...

Anyway,
Xerneas and Sylveon are Fairy and Yveltal is Dark/Flying

DaBoss

Nope, apparently what Hiro posted.

Oh OK, I was a bit confused because this post says Hiro isn't fired yet.

It's a possibility

Both he and Melkor worked at the Official Nintendo Magazine in Spain back in 2010, obviously with ties to Nintendo. Melkor and he leaked many of the Pokémon in the run-up to BW, with Hiro doing fan-art. They then posted pictures of screenshots from the alpha-build of the game. These were the ones I reposted, which caused Nintendo to get very, very angry. I'm lucky my site survived it, especially considering how their lawyer went into overkill mode.

Shortly after the incident, Melkor left ONM. We don't know if it was willingly, or if he was fired. Hiro, however, still works at ONM as far as I know.

I also know outright that Nintendo tightened up security and everything after the Black & White leaks. With X & Y being even more worldwide, they'll be even more on board with the security.

If he does go through with this, and it is legit, I fully expect Nintendo to destroy him.

The only thing I want... is that nothing bad ever happens to them. Don't get fired. That's all I have to say.

Don't get caught if you want to leak, either. Hard to say whether they'll not get caught when they leak, though. It's not a matter of if, but when, knowing them.

If they're caught and got punished for leaking, well... oh my.

Top Bottom