• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh dunsparce.

Yeah I heard PMD3 has a "less nicer" Pokemon community compared to PMD1's Pokemon village or PMD2's Treasure town.

Still, I got more feels for PMD2.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
How is it so obvious that it's a new type?

They wouldn't even straight out say Mewtwo's new form was actually it's new form and where playing it up as if it was totally new Pokemon until the movie trailer revealed the truth.

The fact that we know nothing and have thousands of pages all over the internet arguing about its type. Eevees are easily distinguishable in their appearances for what type they portray. The biggest indicator is in its name. Every Eevee's name coincides directly with its name. It's not going to be a Nymph/Fairy/Syph named Pokemon and end up being Flying type. The next biggest clue is the type badge symbol at the end of the new trailer for the movie, it looks like an egg with a fairy-esque wing/Sylveon's ear. Fairy/Cosmic/Holy/Light/Whatever - take your pick, but it's almost obvious now that it's a new type. Hiro's just riding on the wave...

Man, Gates to Infinity looks really good on the 3DS. I wish they hadn't downsized on the post-game so much :/

Oh dunsparce.

Yeah I heard PMD3 has a "less nicer" Pokemon community compared to PMD1's Pokemon village or PMD2's Treasure town.

Still, I got more feels for PMD2.

Ah, PMD1's village brawl was hilarious. Man, how I used to play that game all day. It's funny how I'd get more out of something with 2D sprites and no humans compared to some of the console games I've played.

JoeM86

All that Fairy talk

also looks like Hiro will say something again this week

If he's speaking the truth, then he is just going to be digging his own grave. I almost got completely screwed just for reposting stuff. He's posting stuff with his name attached, knowing how he got it.

If he's speaking the truth, then he is just going to be digging his own grave. I almost got completely screwed just for reposting stuff. He's posting stuff with his name attached, knowing how he got it.

What if he's just messing with us? He's had a taste of power before, so maybe he's just trying to get that feeling again. Perhaps he'll claim he was silenced by Nintendo before he could leak anything when in reality he had nothing to leak at all.

Part of me wishes this is the case as A) I don't want him to stupidly throw his job away and B) I want to go into X and Y relatively fresh, which will be really hard if nondisclosed spoilers are drifting around the 'net.

JoeM86

What if he's just messing with us? He's had a taste of power before, so maybe he's just trying to get that feeling again. Perhaps he'll claim he was silenced by Nintendo before he could leak anything when in reality he had nothing to leak at all.

Part of me wishes this is the case as A) I don't want him to stupidly throw his job away and B) I want to go into X and Y relatively fresh, which will be really hard if nondisclosed spoilers are drifting around the 'net.

Well I'm endeavouring to find out what the situation is through the grapevine, but as I've said, due to 2010 they are being very secretive these days and so I don't get told as much as I used to.

Stage On

The fact that we know nothing and have thousands of pages all over the internet arguing about its type. Eevees are easily distinguishable in their appearances for what type they portray. The biggest indicator is in its name. Every Eevee's name coincides directly with its name. It's not going to be a Nymph/Fairy/Syph named Pokemon and end up being Flying type. The next biggest clue is the type badge symbol at the end of the new trailer for the movie, it looks like an egg with a fairy-esque wing/Sylveon's ear. Fairy/Cosmic/Holy/Light/Whatever - take your pick, but it's almost obvious now that it's a new type. Hiro's just riding on the wave...

Why couldn't a Syph/Fairy/nymph be a flying type? In many myths they are air elementals so it wouldn't exactly be far fetched.

The symbol from the movie even has a wing in it which could easily symbolize flying.

At this point it could go either way, but I'm leaning towards the theory that it's flying type and they simply didn't stat that outright because we'd talk about it more if we didn't know for sure what type it was.

I really don't know how to feel about the idea of a new type , I'm trying to imagine the strengths and weaknesses , it's both exciting and really hard to imagine .

Why couldn't a Syph/Fairy/nymph be a flying type? In many myths they are air elementals so it wouldn't exactly be far fetched.

The symbol from the movie even has a wing in it which could easily symbolize flying.

At this point it could go either way, but I'm leaning towards the theory that it's flying type and they simply didn't stat that outright because we'd talk about it more if we didn't know for sure what type it was.

Nothing you suggest here matches with what slyveon can do in the pokemon movie short.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think Hiro mentioned he was going to "draw" (like how he drew some Gen V Pokemon) a New Pokemon, a cute Legendary I think he said.

Most Dragons die to Ice Beam anyway, however another Dragon resistance would be good.

Yea, that -pretends like they know what is needed- . I honestly wouldn't know what would make sense for "fairies" to be strong and weak to and that also helps the type chart. Knowing Game Freak new types will aid only to make everything more unbalanced and chaotic.

Going off of Harry Potter (shut up) electricity is generally weakened by a build-up of magic, so Electric types should totally have a Fairy weakness, as if they weren't shit already

MikeMyers

Going off of Harry Potter (shut up) electricity is generally weakened by a build-up of magic, so Electric types should totally have a Fairy weakness, as if they weren't shit already

I don't really like Electric Pokemon, Gyarados-4x weakness bias aside. Like literally, only real times I use them is when I do a Sailor Moon themed team and need an Electric for Makato.

It was stated in book 4 and I dont recall if it said that there were specific enchantments that stop electrical items from working or the sheer number of enchantments at Hogwarts being the cause. I will lean towards the later, also any Harry Potter OT would just devolve into "It sucked after book 4/5/6/7"

edit: I realized it doesn't make sense to feel it sucks after book 7 , well unless you hated book 7 so much it retroactively ruined all of Harry Potter for you, which I guess is possible, yea let's go with that.

It was stated in book 4 and I dont recall if it said that there were specific enchantments that stop electrical items from working or the sheer number of enchantments at Hogwarts being the cause. I will lean towards the later, also any Harry Potter OT would just devolve into "It sucked after book 4/5/6/7"
bu-bu-but snape redemption

It's always between Azkaban and Goblet for best books for me, I would lean towards azkaban personally I guess. So would the primary theme for Fairy type be "magic" you guys think and magic "magic" versus the mind-trick "magic" psychic types tend to be themed around. speculations~

MikeMyers

Just accept that Prisoner of Azkaban was the best book.

The series died with Sirius :'(

I really liked the film adaptation of that book actually. Alfonso Cuarón took control of the director chair, and the series managed to be dark while appealing to children at the same time.

backlot

I stopped reading Harry Potter midway through book 5 because it came out the summer before I started high school and the entire first part of that book was just Harry complaining about how difficult and stressful his new year at school was. I didn't need that.

But anyway, new types would be cool.

Movie 3 is great, Alfonso Cuaron worked his magic (hurrr) there.

But yes, Golbet of Fire is where they make it more explicit about electronics not really working at Hogwarts (with the whole "maybe Skeeter bugged Harry?" "nah impossibly coz electronics brea- WAIT SHE'S A LABYBIRD" twist towards the end).

They should do that for this. Given a lot of Fairy types would probably getting flying too, I'd imagine, it'd help them out a bit.

OctoWara289

Neo Member

tumblr_mlfcv7ZTOU1qlvlsho1_400.gif

^That is not a Flying type Eeveelution. That is either a Fairy or some Mercury-Bubbles-Venus Love-Me-Chain-Moon-Cosmic-Power shit!

Top Bottom