• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Cheska

http://www.teefury.com/

The hardest decision of my life.

Where's the Charmander love!?

tumblr_lxfpyjKHbv1r1vmmoo1_500.gif

I'm getting both.

balddemon

Banned
my friend just told me arcanine is a pussy, dragonite is fat (no argument here), and that scyther is dumb because he has blades for fucking hands.

MikeMyers

Hey, Charlie Chaplin was born first and yet they still call his style of mustache a "Hitler stache."

Also I think you might hate me, which doesn't help my case.

Chaplin is one of my favourite film makers - The Kid (1921) is my favourite by him.

Funny thing is Chaplin parodied Hitler in his film The Great Dictator (1940).

Chaplin is one of my favourite film makers - The Kid (1921) is my favourite by him.

Funny thing is Chaplin parodied Hitler in his film The Great Dictator (1940).

I am familiar with the works of Charlie Chaplin. The Circus and Modern Times are my favourite; I could watch those over and over.

Dictator's good too, though. The speech at the end is amazing.

upandaway

It would be neat if Fairy was some sort of anti-dragon. As in, it would be super effective on the 4 elements, ice and dragon will be not very effective on it, and it will be not very effective on dragon. Basically all type relationships flipped from dragon.

It would be neat if Fairy was some sort of anti-dragon. As in, it would be super effective on the 4 elements, ice and dragon will be not very effective on it, and it will be not very effective on dragon. Basically all type relationships flipped from dragon.
I like this idea, solely cause it involves it being effective against water.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like this idea, solely cause it involves it being effective against water.

Don't you mean Water/Fire/Electric/Grass would be supper effective ON Fairy if it's reversed Dragon?

And then how would this type work, logically (even though logic is optional)?

upandaway

Don't you mean Water/Fire/Electric/Grass would be supper effective ON Fairy if it's reversed Dragon?
No that's just silly. Flip can also mean to be super effective on things that are not very effective on the other type.

And then how would this type work, logically (even though logic is optional)?
Fairies seem like they are sorta uh, good against elements, I don't know. Fairies are above elements to me, kinda like they're strong against magic in normal fantasy (and magic is usually elemental).

Then they're also weak against physical hits but I swear to god if Fairy is weak to fighting, I will release so many Hitmonlees. So many.

I expect to see the amount of crazy things happening in the Pokémon fan base once the new type is revealed... if it is a new type.

If a new type is revealed. I'd love to eat crow regarding this, but based on Hiro's current behaviour and past history I'm rather conviced that he's just playing the fanbase like so many marionettes. Like a shark who's tasted blood, he's nipping at us in the hopes of getting a reaction or to draw attention to himself.

Once again; I'd love to be wrong. A new type would do a lot to the reviltalization of the franchise, but I just have this weird feeling in my gut that's preventing me from believing this. I'd be curbing my expectations if I were you, lest you get burned.

Hmm...

I bet there will be disappointments all around whether a new type is introduced or not.

Sylveon? What if... the name doesn't have anything to do with its type, or is actually something that throws off people? I think GF is allowed to do crazy things with Pokémon these days, so I'm going to say that... well, who knows?

I want to believe that Sylveon is the last remaining "original" Special types

DaBoss

I don't even have a stance on whether it is a new type or not. There are convincing arguments on both sides. My gut just says go with the flow.

Right now I have Zebstrike, Amoonguss, Reshiram, and Samurott. I am planning on cutting Swoobat and Simisear.
Here are the Pokemon I am considering in this order:

Mandibuzz- Pros: I can use flying since I am cutting Swoobat. Cons: What is Dark? Is she a good Pokemon for battling?

Chandelure- Pros: Ghost & fire seem awesome and I would like a good fire since I am cutting Simisear. Cons: Do I still need the another fire since I have Zebstrike & Reshiram? (I use mostly Zebstrike for electric)

Beheeyem- Pros: I would like another psychic since I am getting rid of Swoobat. Cons: How good is he in battles?

Mienshao- Pros: Seems like he can kick ass. Cons: I know nothing about his actual skills in a battle.

Haxorus- Pros: Seems like he can kick ass. Cons: I already have a dragon.

What is your advice PokeGAF ? Any Pokemon I should be considering or keeping?? How can I get a more balanced roster???

Right now I have Zebstrike, Amoonguss, Reshiram, and Samurott. I am planning on cutting Swoobat and Simisear.
Here are the Pokemon I am considering in this order:

Mandibuzz- Pros: I can use flying since I am cutting Swoobat. Cons: What is Dark? Is she a good Pokemon for battling?

Chandelure- Pros: Ghost & fire seem awesome and I would like a good fire since I am cutting Simisear. Cons: Do I still need the another fire since I have Zebstrike & Reshiram? (I use mostly Zebstrike for electric)

Beheeyem- Pros: I would like another psychic since I am getting rid of Swoobat. Cons: How good is he in battles?

Mienshao- Pros: Seems like he can kick ass. Cons: I know nothing about his actual skills in a battle.

Haxorus- Pros: Seems like he can kick ass. Cons: I already have a dragon.

What is your advice PokeGAF ? Any Pokemon I should be considering or keeping?? How can I get a more balanced roster???

A great tool for building teams is Marriland's Team Builder. Just input your team and it will tell you how well you fare against all 17 types. Try to get Pokemon that cover each others weaknesses and you'll be fine.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Beeheeyem isn't that good in-game, his moveset is aimed more for Double Battling, which doesn't see much use in BW. Mandibuzz has the same problem, her moveset isn't good for straight up battling the CPU where usually going with speed and power is the most effective idea.

If you want a Psychic and Flying Pokemon, go for Sigilpyh.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Beeheeyem isn't that good in-game, his moveset is aimed more for Double Battling, which doesn't see much use in BW. Mandibuzz has the same problem, her moveset isn't good for straight up battling the CPU where usually going with speed and power is the most effective idea.

What happened here?

Also, I used Beheeyem in my first run of White and he's surprisingly competent. Slap a Quick Claw on that sucker and watch the kills roll in (try to get one with Analyst though so he benefits from the turns when it doesn't activate).

Chocobro

I already bought the Charmander one last year! Where were ya?

Haha I also have this shirt, and since then have gotten a sweet eevee/pink floyd prism shirt.

Think I'm going to =get the bulbs, the GF is getting squirttle. Squirt was always my fav starter, but it's a bit too cute for me to wear haha.

What's the quality of the shirts compared to those from like shirt.woot? If you don't have one from shirt.woot, how's the quality in general? Does the print come off after multiple washes? My shirt.woot shirts are still like-new after three-four years of wearing and washing them during the warm seasons.

ramparter

Banned
Yesterday I started Leaf Green for the first time. I picked Bulbasaur, and my current party also has Beedrill, Pidgey, Mankey, Pikachu and Nidoran. But I am thinking that maybe I should give a try to some other Pokemons. Any recommendations?

zroid

Banned
What's the quality of the shirts compared to those from like shirt.woot? If you don't have one from shirt.woot, how's the quality in general? Does the print come off after multiple washes? My shirt.woot shirts are still like-new after three-four years of wearing and washing them during the warm seasons.

I've bought a shirt from teefury before -- not sure if these will have the same quality, but it was good. The print remains in perfect condition, a couple years later. The fabric isn't as soft as the woot shirt I have, but it's fine.

It did take a REALLY long time to ship though. Like a month. But I'm in Canada, so that might not be representative for people in the US.

Firestorm

I haven't worn it enough to wash yet tbh. I found the pocket part of it to be a bit large so it kinda loses the effect :(

Chocobro

I've bought a shirt from teefury before -- not sure if these will have the same quality, but it was good. The print remains in perfect condition, a couple years later. The fabric isn't as soft as the woot shirt I have, but it's fine.

It did take a REALLY long time to ship though. Like a month. But I'm in Canada, so that might not be representative for people in the US.

I haven't worn it enough to wash yet tbh. I found the pocket part of it to be a bit large so it kinda loses the effect :(

Thanks for the info you two! Now that you bring up the pocket part, I do see what you mean, it slightly bothers me :( I have to choose between two those and one of SeaNanners' Shirts and I'm having a hard time choosing.

Edit: My mom and friend said Squirtle is the best one.

Tough to sy. I have 4 shirts from them, the only one which looks faded was the black eevee one. I think their prints could be slightly better quality, but its definitly worth 11 bucks. Never used woot.

Top Bottom