• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

here I fixed flareon

1366699930862vgrov.jpg

euXJlh8.png

._.

MikeMyers

Pokegaf sure loves mediocre fire types.

Like 90% of Fire types are mediocre. Only decent ones are:

Hooh / Moltres / Heatran / Victini - Legendaries
Ninetails - Only used for ability
Infernape / Blaziken - It'd be nice if this type combo wasn't so saturated.
Volcorana
Chandelure
Dramatian

(I spelled like all of those wrong)

So basically if a Pokemon isn't good for competitive use, it's automatically shit? o_O

All Pokemon are viable in the competitive scene when the situation pops up. I'm sure you can find whole teams based around what are usually considered "bad" Pokemon. Basically, you could use a Pokemon that's typically outclassed by a better one and still win with them. It all comes down to skill in the end.

MikeMyers

Personally that's the only component I care about.

tumblr_mlixzcB2gi1r7kz0uo1_500.gif

I like Flareon a lot in Leaf Green. It's got quite a few options in Return, Dig, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Flamethrower. It's Speed isn't too bad actually for in-game, out-speed most Team Rocket Pokemon for me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rumble Blast has sold 1.29 million copies worldwide, making it the 8th best-selling first party software on 3DS. That's crazy to me. I was worried about how XY would do based on 3DS's initial performance but it's clear to me they'll live up to series' sales expectations nicely.

Is that a legit website? I've never ordered from there before, but if so I am ordering that Eevee shirt and the Charmander one.

Sould be, the link was on the page from the tfury site. Tons of these t sites seem to host one anothers designs. Not sure how it all works.

Nudull

Banned
I recently found a spare GBA two days ago, and now I'm finally playing through FireRed, on my way to my first badge. It still holds up well for a gen 3 game.

Eeeeeeey, Pokémon-GAF!

I think I'm extremely close to buying a copy of Gates to Infinity tonight.

I think I have poor impulse control when it comes to buys. Oh well.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hiro's saying he's gonna reveal the Starter evolution types soon.

Fennekin no es Fuego/Lucha!

Marlowe89

If a new type is revealed. I'd love to eat crow regarding this, but based on Hiro's current behaviour and past history I'm rather conviced that he's just playing the fanbase like so many marionettes. Like a shark who's tasted blood, he's nipping at us in the hopes of getting a reaction or to draw attention to himself.

Once again; I'd love to be wrong. A new type would do a lot to the reviltalization of the franchise, but I just have this weird feeling in my gut that's preventing me from believing this. I'd be curbing my expectations if I were you, lest you get burned.

Yeah, my bet is that you'll eat crow. After Gen V, I'm not gonna bother questioning Pokexperto.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm gonna guess Hiro is going to reveal them as Grass/Bug, Fire/Ground, and Water/Dark.

I've always liked the idea of them being Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting.

I was already going to choose Chespin, but it gaining my favourite type would ensure that he's my favourite starter.

Watch Da Birdie

I hope it's not Fire/Psychic because all of our current Fox Pokemon are already the magical, kitsune type of fox.

I'd love for Fennekin to stay as a normal fox and go for a more "physical" based element like Ground or Rock.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think Fire/Ground would be really good since it fits the fennec fox motif.

Though that means x4 weakness to water, forgoing resistance to grass and ice, but at the same time becoming neutral to rock, immune to electric and resistant to bug, steel, and poison.

zroid

Banned
well considering fennecs are of the desert, ground would be appropriate

still, a secondary triangle would be pretty rad

JoeM86

Rumble Blast has sold 1.29 million copies worldwide, making it the 8th best-selling first party software on 3DS. That's crazy to me. I was worried about how XY would do based on 3DS's initial performance but it's clear to me they'll live up to series' sales expectations nicely.

It is nice to see a spin-off doing well. Most Pokémon games are ignored by the general populace

Top Bottom