• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone notice the random Dunsparce in the OP? I wonder...

Also, ERROR! Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix during the Battle Frontier Saga! And Dawn has Emolga sitting on her head, when it's probably meant to be Pachirisu.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hell, Brock and Misty looked like they never grew up despite "growing up" in the show. Same with May - I thought she already had a new look.

DaBoss

Ah I see, it's been a while since I last saw her :p

Well to be fair, she was wearing that contest costume most of the time I think in that episode, so it is easy to forget about how she looked then. :p

Oh wow, what is she doing there? Claire was her name right? She is going to act like Cynthia it seems.

Why is Oshawott not in that shot.
This is terrible.

Because it is a loser in the game of love.

Refyref

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7374655232/h72A2D3F3/

Even though I like Newtwo, I laughed at this one.

Anyone notice the random Dunsparce in the OP? I wonder...

Also, ERROR! Brock's Onix evolved into Steelix during the Battle Frontier Saga! And Dawn has Emolga sitting on her head, when it's probably meant to be Pachirisu.

I spent a few minutes checking whether Andrex added a hidden Dunsparce into the thread's OP, until I realized what you meant. :p

Stage On

For those that watch the anime, all of the past main cast members just made an appearance in the new ending theme. Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max, Dawn, the whole shebang.

Man it's nice for them to even acknowledge characters like Tracey exist but they sure did some odd stuff.

Like why is May in her latest outfit but not Misty?

I really like having the major series rivals like Paul their but Virgil feels completely out of place since he was around for such a short time and none of the other league only rivals where their.

They should have picked Barry instead since he was a major reoccurring character.

I'm trying to get a Nidoking with Sheer Force. So since Nature/ Ability are passed down from the mother, I have to catch a Nidoran F with its Hidden Ability, and then breed it with a Nidoran M. And if the egg hatches into a Nidoran M, there's a chance it will have its Hidden Ability?

Wichu

I'm trying to get a Nidoking with Sheer Force. So since Nature/ Ability are passed down from the mother, I have to catch a Nidoran F with its Hidden Ability, and then breed it with a Nidoran M. And if the egg hatches into a Nidoran M, there's a chance it will have its Hidden Ability?

Yes. You don't need to breed with a male Nidoran - you can breed with anything other than Ditto and still have a 50% chance of getting the Dream World ability.

For my own Sheer Force Nidoking, I used the Hidden Grotto in White 2, since I didn't need any Egg Moves and didn't have a hidden ability female Nidoran to pass down from...

Firestorm

Friends

Shiny Metagross with the same Nature/Items/Moves as Ray Rizzo's local wireless distributed in Milan, Italy; Bochum, Germany; Birmingham, UK; and Indianapolis, IN for all language gen 5 games

~Your friendly neighbourhood Firestorm

lol

Anyhow, I wonder what the chances are that, for June, we'll get poke-info in whatever Nintendo's doing, during whenever they show off 3DS games.

Is there any sort of method to checking Hidden Grottos? Should I just check after a bunch of running around every day? Does it drop a Pokemon or item in there regardless of where you are when you reach 255 steps, so I should check repeatedly?

Sounds like it's going to be a pain getting the ideal Nidoking. Aside from Nidoking being one of my preferred Pokeymans, I also wanted him for Ground STAB and coverage. Are there any alternatives for the time being?

OctoWara289

Neo Member
lol

Anyhow, I wonder what the chances are that, for June, we'll get poke-info in whatever Nintendo's doing, during whenever they show off 3DS games.

They will probably show something sooner, between May 10-15 through Coro Coro/Pokemon Smash.

Going back to Sylveon, I don't think Sylveon's type will be labeled "Fairy". All Eeveelutions names' prefixes are names of things/parts that come from/form their general name of the type that they are. The type is usually a broader, more general theme in wording. So maybe something along the lines of Celestial/Cosmic/Spirit/Nature/Life/Light/Holy rather than Fairy. Any of those type names would be the general name to which Sylveon belongs to and contains a part of.

Stage On

Friends

Shiny Metagross with the same Nature/Items/Moves as Ray Rizzo's local wireless distributed in Milan, Italy; Bochum, Germany; Birmingham, UK; and Indianapolis, IN for all language gen 5 games

~Your friendly neighbourhood Firestorm

How do us North american's get in on this?

Is there any sort of method to checking Hidden Grottos? Should I just check after a bunch of running around every day? Does it drop a Pokemon or item in there regardless of where you are when you reach 255 steps, so I should check repeatedly?

Sounds like it's going to be a pain getting the ideal Nidoking. Aside from Nidoking being one of my preferred Pokeymans, I also wanted him for Ground STAB and coverage. Are there any alternatives for the time being?

It's probably easier to get one from someone friendly in GAF.

Read: I have one, if you want it. I bred an awful lot of them, and I'm sure at least one is a female Nidoran with Hustle.

lol

I'd say an English-language showcase is pretty likely.

They certainly don't seem to be beholden to Coro Coro any more. Sylveon is the only new bit of X and Y info it's released so far.

I'd say an English-language showcase is pretty likely.

They certainly don't seem to be beholden to Coro Coro any more. Sylveon is the only new bit of X and Y info it's released so far.
As long as I get some of that sweet, sweet character art, region maps/names, and a few Pokemon mixed in, I'm good.

and confirmation of Streetpass Secret Bases

It's probably easier to get one from someone friendly in GAF.

Read: I have one, if you want it. I bred an awful lot of them, and I'm sure at least one is a female Nidoran with Hustle.

I'd have to find a WiFi hotspot, since the DS/ 3DS can't directly access campus internet, but doing that would certainly take less time than finding one in a Grotto. I'll PM you when I figure out when I'm available for it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They will probably show something sooner, between May 10-15 through Coro Coro/Pokemon Smash.

Going back to Sylveon, I don't think Sylveon's type will be labeled "Fairy". All Eeveelutions names' prefixes are names of things/parts that come from/form their general name of the type that they are. The type is usually a broader, more general theme in wording. So maybe something along the lines of Celestial/Cosmic/Spirit/Nature/Life/Light/Holy rather than Fairy. Any of those type names would be the general name to which Sylveon belongs to and contains a part of.

Then that works, right?

Fairy is a broad name, a Sylph/Nymph is a specific type of fairy.

Top Bottom