• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

entremet

Nice to get another chance on a rare event Poke. I just got back to the games after a long layoff since Gen II.

Got a complete Dex sans Mew/Celebi back then.

Still need all event Pokes outside of Keldeo, Meoletta, and Genesect. I'm guessing more events will happen especially with Gen VI coming up.

What do you guys think of the "New Type" rumor going around?

There was a thread in which we discussed it at length. Hiro of Spanish Nintendo Magazine teased a leak a while ago, but nothing's come of it yet so he's most likely just pulling our legs.

Either way, I'm not sure how I'd feel about a new type. It'd be cool, but would drastically change the metagame and I'm not too good at adjusting to stuff like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There was a thread in which we discussed it at length. Hiro of Spanish Nintendo Magazine teased a leak a while ago, but nothing's come of it yet so he's most likely just pulling our legs.

Either way, I'm not sure how I'd feel about a new type. It'd be cool, but would drastically change the metagame and I'm not too good at adjusting to stuff like that.

Sorry, but I don't mind to see new type happening. I really want to see it happened but if it didn't' then I would be okay with it.

Sorry, but I don't mind to see new type happening. I really want to see it happened but if it didn't' then I would be okay with it.

I'm not saying it'd necessarily be a bad thing; just that it would change a lot. If handled right it would be awesome (i.e. giving Poison something to be strong against and Dragon another weakness), but will be disasterous if screwed up (i.e. being weak to Dragon or Fighting and strong against Ice and Grass). Hence my cautiousness.

MikeMyers

I'm not saying it'd necessarily be a bad thing; just that it would change a lot. If handled right it would be awesome (i.e. giving Poison something to be strong against and Dragon another weakness), but will be disasterous if screwed up (i.e. being weak to Dragon or Fighting and strong against Ice and Grass). Hence my cautiousness.

Honestly I don't think Dragon needs another weakness as most of them die to Ice Beam anyway, another Dragon resist would be alright with me though.

I just picked up a bunch of pokemon games from an online ad; Leafgreen, Emerald, SoulSIlver, Diamond and Platinum. I haven't played a pokemon game since Blue came out when I was in public school. I started with LeafGreen since it's familiar to me a little. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Currently I'm in the Saffron City Gym trying and failing to find the right order to hit those teleport pads haha. Got a pretty good team of Pidgeotto, Primeape, Ninetales, Jolteon, Wartortle and Nidoking.

I have a question though:

Would you recommend catching all pokemon available in LeafGreen? Like if I get all of them on this cart, will it even be possible to send those pokemon to the newest game if I eventually get it? Basically I don't want to waste my time getting all pokemon in leafgreen if I cant then use them in any of the future Generations. I'm planning to play them in order Gen 1 remake>Gen 2 remake>Gen 3>Gen 4 etc.

Did you guys that have played from one to the other trade all your old pokemon to your new game?

I have a question though:

Would you recommend catching all pokemon available in LeafGreen? Like if I get all of them on this cart, will it even be possible to send those pokemon to the newest game if I eventually get it? Basically I don't want to waste my time getting all pokemon in leafgreen if I cant then use them in any of the future Generations. I'm planning to play them in order Gen 1 remake>Gen 2 remake>Gen 3>Gen 4 etc.

Did you guys that have played from one to the other trade all your old pokemon to your new game?

Yes, you can trade up from any Gen 3 game to Gen 4. Then you can trade from any Gen 4 game to Gen 5.

harmonize

Neat, thanks. Is it possible to get them all without owning multiple systems to trade between though? I have a GBA and DS, but no link cables or other systems.
As long as your DS has the GBA slot (phat DS and the DS lite are the only models that do), you can trade up from 3 to 4, but you'll need two seperate DS systems if you want to trade from 4 to 5.

As long as your DS has the GBA slot (phat DS and the DS lite are the only models that do), you can trade up from 3 to 4, but you'll need two seperate DS systems if you want to trade from 4 to 5.

Ah I see makes sense. Thanks for the help. I do have a DS lite. I'll pick up another when I find one for cheap.

You so silly.

36297149.jpg

I need new info so badly. Game is five months away and we know absolutely nothing about it. I cant take much more. Last two coro coros have been slim pickings.

Korosenai

I need new info so badly. Game is five months away and we know absolutely nothing about it. I cant take much more. Last two coro coros have been slim pickings.
Im actually glad its been like this. Will make the game even more exciting when it comes out since we wont know much about it.

Hi guys,
I need your help!
I write for an Italian website specific for Nintendo platforms.
I'd like to write an article containing the old artwork of the first generation. I've already seen them somewhere, both official artworks but also sketched from early Ninenties, showing prototypes of Pokémon. Where can I find all those materials?
Thanks!

I'd be cool with them adding a JP Fairy/US Light type and a Sound type but my OCD would still kill me because it'd be an odd number of typings once again.

They should just merge Rock and Ground as Earth or something.

Hi guys,
I need your help!
I write for an Italian website specific for Nintendo platforms.
I'd like to write an article containing the old artwork of the first generation. I've already seen them somewhere, both official artworks but also sketched from early Ninenties, showing prototypes of Pokémon. Where can I find all those materials?
Thanks!
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
What should we expect for May coro coro
Expect nothing, hope for something small. We already have the starters so we can't look at B/W for an example.

braves01

Banned
Hey guys,

I'm in the post-game for HG/SS and I need a good place to level, but I can't find/don't remember coming across anything like the stadiums or whitetree hollow in B2/W2. Ideas?

zroid

Banned
But then I have to fly around to find each of them once they call right? I'm really spoiled by big and little stadiums.

Edit: whoops I thought you said trainer rematches. okay I'll look into the gym leaders.

I did say trainers first, haha. Stealth edited because I meant leaders. :p Sorry!

JoeM86

Now that they've got Rumble out of the way, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved to X and Y.

Much the same happened with Ranger 3 in the run up to Black and White, IIRC.

Actually, there were hints in CoroCoro this month of another spin-off being revealed next month...

Though it may be another model of 3DS (not the Eevee one)

Top Bottom