• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

zroid

Banned
Conquest 2 on 3DS pls

Though I would love it if they ditched the Nobunaga crossover and just made a straight-up turn-based strategy game set in Pokemon world. Would be awesome.

JoeM86

The evidence is more of it being related to the arcade game, Pokémon Tretta.

On the page in CoroCoro, it stated that something is to be revealed relating to Pokémon Tretta and the 3DS next month so it's either a 3DS game, an app that somehow reads the pucks and does something with them, or a Pokémon Tretta themed 3DS as a prize or something

entremet

But then I have to fly around to find each of them once they call right? I'm really spoiled by big and little stadiums.

Edit: whoops I thought you said trainer rematches. okay I'll look into the gym leaders.

SS/HG suck compared to BW2 for grinding. Not only that but the lucky egg is a rare drop! So annoying. You receive in game in the Gen V games.

I just fought the Elite 4 over and over honestly.

MikeMyers

SS/HG suck compared to BW2 for grinding. Not only that but the lucky egg is a rare drop! So annoying. You receive in game in the Gen V games.

I just traded to Platinum, used the EXP boost to level up faster, traded back for the Red fight.

braves01

Banned

I have Diamond too. Are there good places to grind in that one? I wasn't really considering it because it's so slow, but I would trade over if there were a good spot (plus the exp boost).

Frost_Ace

Conquest 2 on 3DS pls

Though I would love it if they ditched the Nobunaga crossover and just made a straight-up turn-based strategy game set in Pokemon world. Would be awesome.

Or maybe just a crossover with a more iconic franchise(s).

Pokemon X SMT X Fire Emblem.

GOTF material right there.

Outside of the rare Pokemon Box, are there any good tools for transferring pokemon between games?

Sadly no :( hopefully with X&Y they'll make an app to transfer mons from older games.

Conquest 2 on 3DS pls

I'd buy four copies. According to my 3DS, Conquest is my second-most-played game; probably because it was the only game I had when I spent my hermit summer in a cabin in Canada's smallest province last year.

Kai'd better make a return, though. She was my bro--er, sis.

Kokonoe

Banned
So is there any possible way I can pickup this deck for less than 45$?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eeveelution_(TCG)
zZMN0Lm.jpg

It's been a dream of mine to own for quite some time.

Andrefpvs

Sadly no :( hopefully with X&Y they'll make an app to transfer mons from older games.

I also think they're going to make an app to transfer Pokémon from Gen V to Gen VI. The technology is already there with the Dream Radar.

One thing I wish they would implement in that app would be the option to "uncapitalize" the names of Gens IV and III Pokémon with no nicknames (VENUSAUR -> Venusaur, for example).

backlot

That name capitalization thing is really something that gen 5 games should have done by default. It's kinda dumb.

I think they should make an app to transfer from the Virtual Console games to gen 6. Also they should make Pokemon Virtual Console games.

MikeMyers

It wasn't called anything, it was just a thing that happened. Not sure it was even acknowledged apart from the Gyarados being different for story reasons.

I remember being really hyped to get the Red Gyarados and gave mine Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower and later on thinking "huh? Why isn't he destroying everything like in RBY?"

Refyref

Shiny Pokemon weren't called anything officially in Gen 2, but the fact that they shone when they were encountered and that the few NPCs referred to them a little similarly earned them that name.

It wasn't called anything, it was just a thing that happened. Not sure it was even acknowledged apart from the Gyarados being different for story reasons.

It was. Off the top of my head, there is a reference at the bug catching contest (I don't remember whether it is during the contest or after the judging) and another one at the Lake of Rage. (No, not about the Red Gyarados)

Wichu

I'm pretty sure the word Eeveelution was used in one of the Ranger games.

Yup, in the second one there's a quest to catch all the Eeveelutions.

Shinies were called 'Shining' in the G/S TCG sets. As has been said already, 3rd gen called them 'alt. color'; I think this was used explicitly in Box's filter system as the name for the shiny filter. I think 'shiny' started being used officially for 4th gen event Pokemon.

I just beat the Elite Four in LeafGreen. Haven't played through a pokemon games in 10+ years when Blue came out, and it was just as much fun as I remember! Can't wait to start SoulSilver already :)

Hey, does anyone have a Shiny Mew, preferably from Ranch as that's a preset name and such? And if possible, with Max IVs? Best if it doesn't have any EVs unless I guess they're in HP and SpATK, and Serious nature if possible.

Well, I don't expect anyone to have filled every one of those specs, but I'm happy to know what offers there are. I assume you guys know how to clone Pokemon so distributing them will be a breeze, I have Black BTW.

Or maybe just a crossover with a more iconic franchise(s).

Gsh9irI.gif

http://www.mnrart.com/post/47867062432/pikachu-link-and-shiny-eponyta-by-mnrart-for

I just wanted an excuse to post this.

Hey, does anyone have a Shiny Mew, preferably from Ranch as that's a preset name and such? And if possible, with Max IVs? Best if it doesn't have any EVs unless I guess they're in HP and SpATK, and Serious nature if possible.

Well, I don't expect anyone to have filled every one of those specs, but I'm happy to know what offers there are. I assume you guys know how to clone Pokemon so distributing them will be a breeze, I have Black BTW.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1078879

Top Bottom