• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I could try using that, I just would prefer something 100% legit. XD

Edit: Oh, looking at the site, I guess these are all registered and not hacked (well, no way to tell that)? I thought the site was a Pokemon maker site, I saw something of the sort elsewhere. So I guess someone really did strike gold and got a perfect all 31 IV Mew from Ranch, fucking unreal if so! :O

Not everything on that site is legitimate stuff; people can upload things that were generated by a program. But the legality checker at the bottom of the page is pretty good. It even shows what seed that person might have used to get those IVs with the RNG! If you are careful, you can generally find clones of the real deal.

backlot

If that Mew was received through Mystery Gift (I don't remember how Pokemon Ranch Mew was sent to the DS game) then it would be simple to manipulate the RNG for those IV's. No way it was pure luck.

Did they make the legendaries in Leafgreen easier to catch than the original blue version? I seem to remember having to throw a lot of ultra balls to get them, but I just caught Articuno on my second throw of a regular old pokeball :/

MikeMyers

Friendship is Magikarp?

....someone mentioned Magikarp?

magikarp_swag_by_kirsten7767-d56wq4i.png

Is there a reason Bianca never thinks my Pokemons' Speed is maxed?

Basculin are 2 Speed EV. I defeated 30, so that's 60. I put on a Power Anklet and defeated 32 more. Power Anklet adds 4 Speed EV's to each battle, and I fought 32 Basculin that way. So 32 x (2 + 4) = 192. Plus 60 = 252. Right? What's wrong with Bianca?

backlot

Is there a reason Bianca never thinks my Pokemons' Speed is maxed?

Basculin are 2 Speed EV. I defeated 30, so that's 60. I put on a Power Anklet and defeated 32 more. Power Anklet adds 4 Speed EV's to each battle, and I fought 32 Basculin that way. So 32 x (2 + 4) = 192. Plus 60 = 252. Right? What's wrong with Bianca?

Your math is correct but if Bianca doesn't say your speed is maxed then you must have lost count of the number of battles at some point.

She's now saying it "worked hard." Presumably this is different from "particularly hard," and there are probably a couple other words. Anyone know which preceding word indicates max?
When maxed, 510 EVs:
Your [pokemon]...
It has really worked hard, hasn't it?

When maxed on a specific stat (252+, I think):
I think it worked particularly hard on its [stat] and [stat]!

Got these from checking a poke that I specifically EV trained a while back.

zroid

Banned
No Charizard or Blaziken makes this list incomplete.

I was debating sticking Charizard in there in an addendum, because I'm always a little conflicted about it. My heart (ie: nostalgia) says yes, but my head says no, lol.

Blaziken can gtfo though :p

Top Bottom