• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Did they make the legendaries in Leafgreen easier to catch than the original blue version? I seem to remember having to throw a lot of ultra balls to get them, but I just caught Articuno on my second throw of a regular old pokeball :/

Nah they are about the same to capture as normal, you just got a lucky break with that one.

DaBoss

I was debating sticking Charizard in there in an addendum, because I'm always a little conflicted about it. My heart (ie: nostalgia) says yes, but my head says no, lol.

Blaziken can gtfo though :p

What is this madness. Blaziken will run circles around every other fire type. I loved it in R/S/E. Absolute beast.

Though strangely, I had a weird beginning with Blaziken I was watching one of my cousins play a GBA game, I couldn't tell what it was since I was sitting a bit far, but I assumed it was a Pokemon game (at the time I didn't have a GBA).

I seen what looked like a Jynx, except its hair was split. But it looked pretty badass compared to Jynx.

tumblr_mluzl28w1A1rsc51fo1_500.gif

Poor Charmander.

By including Charizard, Charmander is vindicated, well at least for me.

Flareon will be the best Eevee evolution next gen.
Just watch.

You'll all get yours.

You can keep believing that dream.

Nope. :p

Macka

Fire types have been my favourites since Pokemon Red, and I've picked the Fire starter 4/5 times thus far (Totodile was the only exception). I don't like very many of the fire types in B/W though. Chandelure is probably my favourite, and even then he's only okay.

Charizard will likely always keep the top spot, but Arcanine isn't far behind. I was a huge fan of Flareon in Gen I until his suckiness in the games changed my opinion of him over time. Some of my other favourites are Ninetales, Houndoom and Magmortar.

I love it when people say this because it's always meant be seen as a bad thing. Are Digimon really that badly designed that it warrants being used like this?

I think as Digimon evolve things get a whole lot busier. I think early stages are still good, but... something about things later on feels strange.

Something a bit off-topic, but my browser seems to not recognize "Digimon", but will happily autocorrect "Pokemon" into "Pokémon"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I disagree - I thought Digimon designs are pretty much easily defined. Usually it's just ignorant attempt to "criticize" a new-gen design. Hell, if anything, Blaziken would be a poor Digimon design because it lacked details like muscles.

There's no hidden meaning. It was just my first thought. I guess because digimon has more bipedal human like things than pokemon.

But Pokemon has many bipedal mons even in Gen 1

I disagree - I thought Digimon designs are pretty much easily defined. Usually it's just ignorant attempt to "criticize" a new-gen design. Hell, if anything, Blaziken would be a poor Digimon design because it lacked details like muscles.

But Pokemon has many bipedal mons even in Gen 1

True but they still look more beast like than human I guess. That was always what stood out to me back in Gen 1 days compared to popular digimon at the time like Angemon or something.

I think as Digimon evolve things get a whole lot busier. I think early stages are still good, but... something about things later on feels strange.

Something a bit off-topic, but my browser seems to not recognize "Digimon", but will happily autocorrect "Pokemon" into "Pokémon"

I just type Alt + 0233 on the numpad.

Top Bottom