• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

V-CREATE & CONTRARY

Already happened with Assist Spinda. Flareon gets STAB but he has virtually the same physical defenses. Just for fun though:

252Atk Choice Band Flash Fire Flareon (+Atk) V-create vs 252HP/252Def Water Absorb Vaporeon (+Def): 76% - 90% (357 - 420 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Choice Band Flash Fire Flareon (+Atk) V-create vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Hippowdon (+Def): 110% - 130% (466 - 549 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Flash Fire Flareon (+Atk) V-create vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Dusclops (+Def): 101% - 120% (289 - 342 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252Atk Choice Band Flash Fire Flareon (+Atk) V-create vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 136% - 160% (961 - 1132 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dub just aired first ep of N arc. I must say I'm surprised that they're catching up. Remember when the gap was years?

Well most usually black-out in regards to the usual discrepancy between japanese and western releases, but this time around that will likely be all of 1-3 days.

Anth0ny

Surprised none of you are on media black outs for Gen VI.

There usually isn't much media released before the games themselves.

The real hard part has always been the insane dump of everything in the game on Serebii the week the game is released in Japan. I found it impossible to ignore all of that for another 6 months while waiting for the game to be localized.

Now that it's worldwide simultaneous release, I'll definitely be avoiding all of that hysteria during launch week. Sorry Serebii!

This will be the first time since gen II that I'll be running into wild Pokemon in the game that I've never seen before. Looking forward to it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Main Pokemon Games in CoroCoro are always pretty much info released close to the release, usually it's the May Issue (released in April) that actually starts revealing stuff, and then it comes out in September. With Black and White, at this point in time we only had a few screens, and didn't know anyone but Zorua and Zoroark.

Boss Doggie

The dub has had the same 'delay' since the beginning of the Black and White series of I think 12 weeks.

Still, it's interesting they've gotten this close. I wonder if they'll go near once XY releases.

Speaking of which, what is the gap between the anime's "Gen VI" to the game release? What was the gap between Best Wishes and Gen V?

Surprised none of you are on media black outs for Gen VI.

For me, I prefer knowing what to know before starting the game. It makes me enjoy the game more.

I wonder what's in store for Coro Coro this may.

Main Pokemon Games in CoroCoro are always pretty much info released close to the release, usually it's the May Issue (released in April) that actually starts revealing stuff, and then it comes out in September. With Black and White, at this point in time we only had a few screens, and didn't know anyone but Zorua and Zoroark.

Going by this metric im gonna expect more details this month (june issue)

JoeM86

The real hard part has always been the insane dump of everything in the game on Serebii the week the game is released in Japan. I found it impossible to ignore all of that for another 6 months while waiting for the game to be localized.

Now that it's worldwide simultaneous release, I'll definitely be avoiding all of that hysteria during launch week. Sorry Serebii!

This will be the first time since gen II that I'll be running into wild Pokemon in the game that I've never seen before. Looking forward to it.

Well there won't be that long a gap between Japanese and western versions now so you won't be away long :) I just hope I can get the stuff up in time for people to use it :)

Boss Doggie

Hey guys, let's talk about Pokemon designs, especially the new gens, since they're the ones that fit here. As in, designs that actually had something being thought of instead of being "just drawn". I know a lot of people who hate new gens don't post here (you know them), I guess they think this place is a hivemind, but still, I just want to post some of these stuff because it gives some clarity to their design.

Let me start with this guy.

601eab8b0eab8b0eab8b0c9u6v.png

For some odd reason people scorn Klinklang. While he's not one of my favorites, I don't see any reason to give hate to it. It's a very neutral (but smart) design. If anything, I'd say it's smarter than the likes of Magneton or Dugtrio by actually changing the supposed "repetition" it has.

As the idea of the design though - I like it. See, when you build something using gears, you don't technically replace it. Usually simply adding a new gear on top of an existing one works, and that's how Klinklang looks like. You can still see the looks of Klink and Klang in it. The "spike wheel" at the below may seem off, but I think if viewed at a different angle it'd look fine.

zroid

Banned
I like Klinklang. I mean, ok, it falls into the same "lazy evolution" pit, but it's a pretty cool design nonetheless.

Boss Doggie

I like Klinklang. I mean, ok, it falls into the same "lazy evolution" pit, but it's a pretty cool design nonetheless.

It's not lazy when the evolution makes sense and hell, they actually put an effort not to make it look copy-paste unlike MAGNETS or MOLES.

Keyouta

Yeah, I think I'll do a blackout starting in September so I don't get bombarded by information in the weeks leading to launch.

DaBoss

Well there is no need to go on a media blackout for Gen VI. We'll get info on what they want to reveal before the game is released.

Stage On

Well there is no need to go on a media blackout for Gen VI. We'll get info on what they want to reveal before the game is released.

Besides going on a blackout would mean never visiting serebii on a regular basis which isn't going to happen for me as I need to check it regularly for various info like upcoming events or when the next volume of the signapor edition of Pokemon Adventures is going to come out.

Even if I tried to go on a blackout online I'd still find out stuff anyhow thanks to the gaming magazines I read and the podcasts I listen too. Not finding out stuff like Newtwo would be virtually impossible for me.

As much as I love surprises in my games, I'm pretty sure we won't be going into this thing blind for the most part. We'll probably get some info on the basic wild Pokémon around, and that's it. I'm just wondering how gen VI is going to tie into the anime once this Orange Island Decolora Adventures is finished. Who knows? Maybe they'll finally not make Ash the main protagonist of this one.

Not likely unfortunately.

zroid

Banned
Considering only a minuscule fraction of the total information will be revealed before the games release, I think I'm okay with following the news. It whets the appetite. :p

I hope not, that could make or break whether I buy the game or not. Skipped Black/White 2 so was hoping to get back into the series with them.

After re-watching the trailer, I think you're probably going to skip this one. There's still long grass in the overworld, and the battle theatre is still aesthetically similar, so the random battles are probably the same as ever.

In my opinion it seems like a relatively silly thing to cause you to skip great games, though. BW2 were arguably the best in the series (and objectively the best from a mechanical standpoint), so it's a shame that you missed them.

Top Bottom