• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Masuda's going to be on Smash soon, the guess is May 12th's episode...

I imagine it'll be related to whatever's in CoroCoro, so I imagine we'll get something this month on XY...people, me included, are speculating the New Type. :p

PK Gaming

images

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When did he say that?

Back around April 11th, he mentioned that on twitter he had finished recording an episode of Smash.

Based on previous patterns, it seems Smash is recorded around four weeks ahead or so, and there's nothing this week, so the Sunday before CoroCoro seems logical.

Do the World Tournament trainers cheat or something? Drayden's Haxorus outsped mine even though mine has its speed maxed.

World Leaders is pretty brutal. Changes every time so I can't even be sure where I'm lacking.

backlot

Do the World Tournament trainers cheat or something? Drayden's Haxorus outsped mine even though mine has its speed maxed.

World Leaders is pretty brutal. Changes every time so I can't even be sure where I'm lacking.

His speed was probably also maxed. I think speed ties are basically a coin flip to see who goes first.

I'd suggest getting a Cloyster or Dragonite if you're having trouble with the World Tournament. They're pretty great.

JoeM86

I'm not really expecting anything big this month. Think we have one more movie related XY reveal, then we shall go on from next month with full on XY stuff.

Just a theory

*wonders whether it's always like that - slow and steady when it comes to news*

At least I can wait for the most part, especially when it's a simultaneous release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, it is true! I realized how smaller the information trickle for next is becoming!

At first we got X/Y + 3 starters + 2 legendaries + game vids, followed by legendary names (still no type and screens of them), followed by sylveon (no type), and finally Newtwo. I wonder if we'll get even less.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
We're nearing that time of the month again! And again, I'm not getting my hopes up, because it doesn't seem that everything concerning the movie and Mewtwo's new form are explained well enough, so that gives at least one more month of Movie trickle information, unfortunately. Unless they decide to do both Movie and XY info this month. And that could also be likely, because as the date comes closer, we do get to see more of Sylveon, so maybe they'll officially unveil its type and everything about Newtwo this month, which wouldn't be so bad; it'll finally put an end to all of the speculations and allow for us to start brand new/fresh for next month's inevitable reveals. Otherwise, there is no X and Y and it has all been a an illusion! An illusion created by Sylveon! Paradox, ha!

braves01

Banned
One thing that does need fixing is the PCs. For a game where you catch hundreds of Pokemon, management interface is terrible. I should be able to drag and drop into my party without separate deposit/withdraw/move sections. Also, finding Pokemon in my boxes is a pain in the ass unless theres a search function I dont know about. And, it makes sense for the game world since PCs get better.

I've got a bunch of dream world Dratini's if you want one.

That would be good. Are some of them female and Adamant or Jolly? I guess any female would do, but it saves me the trouble of having a ton of Dratini rolling around.

Though once I've trained it, what niche can it fill that Haxorus doesn't? I know Dragonite has a better chance to buff because it can take a hit, but they seem pretty similar move-wise.

backlot

That would be good. Are some of them female and Adamant or Jolly? I guess any female would do, but it saves me the trouble of having a ton of Dratini rolling around.

Though once I've trained it, what niche can it fill that Haxorus doesn't? I know Dragonite has a better chance to buff because it can take a hit, but they seem pretty similar move-wise.

Extreme Speed and Multiscale make Dragonite pretty great. I don't really know why anyone would want to use Haxorus.

I think I probably do have an Adamant Dratini. I could probably trade you a male one with Extreme Speed so you can get it as an egg move as well if you're interested.

Extreme Speed and Multiscale make Dragonite pretty great. I don't really know why anyone would want to use Haxorus.

I think I probably do have an Adamant Dratini. I could probably trade you a male one with Extreme Speed so you can get it as an egg move as well if you're interested.

Mold Breaker and the highest Attack of any Dragon, I'd say.

And you would give me two Dratini?

One thing that does need fixing is the PCs. For a game where you catch hundreds of Pokemon, management interface is terrible. I should be able to drag and drop into my party without separate deposit/withdraw/move sections. Also, finding Pokemon in my boxes is a pain in the ass unless theres a search function I dont know about. And, it makes sense for the game world since PCs get better.

Hint: Since Gen III, just use Move Pokémon in the leading menu. No limits!

And you can quick-move since Gen III, drag-and-drop from HGSS, and multi-select from BW or BW2. A search function also exists in the latter IIRC.

zroid

Banned
It's kind of weird that deposit and withdraw options even still exist. As far as I've been able to tell, "move" is just universally the best choice.

DaBoss

It's kind of weird that deposit and withdraw options even still exist. As far as I've been able to tell, "move" is just universally the best choice.

It is much faster to deposit and withdraw Pokemon with those 2 options than it is with Move.

zroid

Banned
I dunno about "much" faster... marginally, maybe. With drag n drop...

plus don't you usually end up having to sort the Pokemon in the box anyway, so depositing is a waste of time

Joqu

Move should really be the first option though, I always end up using deposit by accident when I'm in a hurry. Or is that just me? >>

braves01

Banned
Hint: Since Gen III, just use Move Pokémon in the leading menu. No limits!

And you can quick-move since Gen III, drag-and-drop from HGSS, and multi-select from BW or BW2. A search function also exists in the latter IIRC.

Okay, I just fiddled with it a bit. You're right that Move Pokemon does pretty much everything I want. They should just drop deposit/withdraw I guess. Or make Move first like you all are saying.

Deposit/Withdraw are good in the beginning when you're dumping off Pokemon that you don't need anymore. Move is good for end-game/post-end-game when you actually have to make choices.

zroid

Banned
well I still use move in the beginning because just dropping Pokémon into boxes willy-nilly gives me a conniption. :lol

PK Gaming

:(

Even though I think Dragonite is substantially better than Haxorus, Haxorus still has a decent reason for being used. It's good on teams where you use multiple dragons, and it's sword dance set isn't half bad. Also, lack of SR weak / 4X ice weak.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe make it so that auto-deposit/withdraw can be done in move by holding a button or so.

Also apparently a woman is dressing up as Sylveon in PokeSmash

DaBoss

Maybe make it so that auto-deposit/withdraw can be done in move by holding a button or so.

Also apparently a woman is dressing up as Sylveon in PokeSmash

That is a smart idea. Maybe the L-button or something?

Well I guess that all but confirms Sylveon is a female exclusive Eeveelution.

Also, that guy with the Eeveelutions and one Eevee in the anime has an Eevee that is female. He pretty much pointed that out and then Ash made a "big" deal out of it.

entremet

Picked up a used copy of Pokemon Platinum. Still pretty pricey! Pokemon games really hold their value.

That completes my DS collection of Pokemon games. I don't have the opposite version of the games; I'm not that crazy.

So that puts it to....

Pokemon Platinum, Soul Silver, Black, and White 2.

I would've ideally gotten Heart Gold, but it's out of print and pricey, White, due to White Forest Access, and Black 2 for hard mode. Oh well, hopefully I choose better for Gen VI.

Thinking of getting the GBA games to complete all the game that are operable within each other and basically the whole series including remakes and missing Gen I/II. I have a Micro but will need to pick up a DSlite to transfer Pokes.

Just give me auto sorts options--by type, National/Regional Dex numbers, and levels.

braves01

Banned
Picked up a used copy of Pokemon Platinum. Still pretty pricey! Pokemon games really hold their value.

That completes my DS collection of Pokemon games. I don't have the opposite version of the games; I'm not that crazy.

So that puts it to....

Pokemon Platinum, Soul Silver, Black, and White 2.

I would've ideally gotten Heart Gold, but it's out of print and pricey, White, due to White Forest Access, and Black 2 for hard mode. Oh well, hopefully I choose better for Gen VI.

Thinking of getting the GBA games to complete all the game that are operable within each other and basically the whole series including remakes and missing Gen I/II. I have a Micro but will need to pick up a DSlite to transfer Pokes.

Somehow I managed to find a brand new copy of Soul Silver at Best Buy about a month ago. Didn't think twice about spending the $40. So now I'm at D, SS, W2 for now. Might try and get Black at some point.

Top Bottom