• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

entremet

Somehow I managed to find a brand new copy of Soul Silver at Best Buy about a month ago. Didn't think twice about spending the $40. So now I'm at D, SS, W2 for now. Might try and get Black at some point.

Yeah, Soul Silver is still out in the retail channels. It was the better selling SKU--dat Lugia--so Nintendo printed more of the them. I prefer the exclusive Pokemon in Heart Gold, however. But I was not going to pay 50 bucks for a new copy.

Stage On

I wish the Singapor version of Pokemon Adventrues was a bit faster. It's annoying to an entire 3 volumes behind the Japanese version

Hey guys, I just made my first GIF ever.

ibs65nosvARXrM.gif

(HOW'D I DO?)

Stuart444

Hey guys, I just got back into Pokemon in the last month and me and my Fiancee just completed Pokemon B/W about a week ago and are now playing Pokemon B/W2. Ended up doing some extra work in B/W1 so we would have some pokemon we want to use in B/W2 (ie Ponyta which my fiancee really wanted XD).

So in Pokemon B/W2, we both caught two pokemon we really wanted, Mareep and Riolu (my future Lucario :D ), didn't know we could get a Riolu so near the start.

So yeah, I'm just wondering.

1. Does anyone here still use the dream world often? I try to go there once a day when possible (though if I need to change the clocks ie for Riolu to evolve since it needs to be daytime, I have to wait 24 hours just to use the dream world again :( since it doesn't like the clocks being changed).

2. Also, does anyone plan on entering the Spring Friendly tournament. I should be plenty far in the game by the time it starts so I'll be competing (and will get utterly destroyed in the first round :p ). Seems to be a Single battles competition with all Pokemon set to level 30.

And for anyone who likes C-Gear skins

Plus, all qualifying players in the 2013 Spring Friendly will receive two C-Gear skins featuring Black Kyurem and White Kyurem for their Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game!

So yeah, anyone going to compete?

According to pokejungle, masuda replied to a fan's question concerning when new X and Y information will be revealed. Masuda himself answered saying "just a little bit longer now". Im hoping this refers to this weeks Smash episode and Coro Coro issue.

entremet

Hey guys, I just got back into Pokemon in the last month and me and my Fiancee just completed Pokemon B/W about a week ago and are now playing Pokemon B/W2. Ended up doing some extra work in B/W1 so we would have some pokemon we want to use in B/W2 (ie Ponyta which my fiancee really wanted XD).

So in Pokemon B/W2, we both caught two pokemon we really wanted, Mareep and Riolu (my future Lucario :D ), didn't know we could get a Riolu so near the start.

So yeah, I'm just wondering.

1. Does anyone here still use the dream world often? I try to go there once a day when possible (though if I need to change the clocks ie for Riolu to evolve since it needs to be daytime, I have to wait 24 hours just to use the dream world again :( since it doesn't like the clocks being changed).

2. Also, does anyone plan on entering the Spring Friendly tournament. I should be plenty far in the game by the time it starts so I'll be competing (and will get utterly destroyed in the first round :p ). Seems to be a Single battles competition with all Pokemon set to level 30.

And for anyone who likes C-Gear skins

I never liked the Dream World. It feels like a cheap flash game. Too bad it's the only way to get some amazing hidden abilities. It's such a slog. Terrible implementation.

I'd rather have everything in game. I felt the same way with the Pokewalker. Just keep everything in game, please.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Only a few months and still no box art huh?

According to pokejungle, masuda replied to a fan's question concerning when new X and Y information will be revealed. Masuda himself answered saying "just a little bit longer now". Im hoping this refers to this weeks Smash episode and Coro Coro issue.

Oh god it's coming.

It's probably still better than the alternative, I think. Or has it changed?

You mean the American release? Viz is catching up, since they are releasing like four arcs spread over different months.

They are going back and releasing the Ruby/Sapphire ones they skipped earlier at a rate of every other month or so.

They are still releasing Diamond/Pearl/Platinum a bit slowly though.

They are releasing Heart Gold/Soul Silver later this year.

They been releasing the magazine version of Black/White in mini volumes and are starting it back up again along with releasing the actual full volumes of that later as well.

zroid

Banned
I never liked the Dream World. It feels like a cheap flash game. Too bad it's the only way to get some amazing hidden abilities. It's such a slog. Terrible implementation.

I'd rather have everything in game. I felt the same way with the Pokewalker. Just keep everything in game, please.

I'm okay with the idea of Dream World, just not the implementation. Because as you say it's kind of a slog. Also locking berry growing behind it was the worst, especially since many of them weren't even available for months.

If the XY's version of Dream World were a free 3DS app instead of a crappy browser game... all I'd have to say is GIMME!

Stuart444

I don't mind the dream world but it's implementation could be better, not to mention random errors pop up when browsing the website.

hope they expand on it and make it better with X/Y but highly doubt it would be a free eshop app. Pokemon Radar (I've not tried it though) is a pay for app after all.

Still, hope they evolve it somewhat with the X/Y release.

harrytang

I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon Black 2 last week. First Pokemon game. I can say that I'm going to attempt to enter but my first wifi battle experience this weekend with a friend was incredibly painful. Took me 15 minutes of googling to understand how to do it, where to go and what to do. The battle consisted of making a move, and then 30 seconds of watching "waiting for server" or something along those lines flash on screen. low level battle took about 5 min when it should have taken 1. cant imagine longer level 30 battles but I'll give it a shot.

overwhelmed by the game currently, but it's a hell of a lot more fun than I expected. looking forward to X Y.

I don't mind the dream world but it's implementation could be better, not to mention random errors pop up when browsing the website.

hope they expand on it and make it better with X/Y but highly doubt it would be a free eshop app. Pokemon Radar (I've not tried it though) is a pay for app after all.

Still, hope they evolve it somewhat with the X/Y release.

I wouldn't mind if they toss the next version of Dream World onto the 3DS. Would make it easier to use and I would actually use it more than the current Dream World.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if it was a paid app either. Or a free app with DLC!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh my, I really hope the corocoro info wouldn't be disappointing.

I imagine we might be getting the possible Sableye Evolution and/or New Genesect Forme (c'mon, he should get one too!) related to the movie either this month or next.

Stuart444

I wouldn't mind if they toss the next version of Dream World onto the 3DS. Would make it easier to use and I would actually use it more than the current Dream World.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if it was a paid app either. Or a free app with DLC!

Well I don't know how well the radar is doing but I think if they did that, they would probably make it free web browser one like now or an 'extended' 3DS paid app. Seems like it would be a fair compromise.

But who knows, all we know about X/Y really is the new animations/a few new pokemon/and a few other small tidbits so who knows what the online capabilities will be like going forward.

Speaking of going forward, I wonder how game freak with the size of their company can make new animations for every pokemon. Do they have a set of people doing nothing but animating? (since they have to make new animations for all 649+ pokemon. At the very least for when they leave their pokeballs even if they refuse animations for moves)

but I'm just speculating, can't wait til X/Y!

I just bought a 3DS and Pokemon Black 2 last week. First Pokemon game. I can say that I'm going to attempt to enter but my first wifi battle experience this weekend with a friend was incredibly painful. Took me 15 minutes of googling to understand how to do it, where to go and what to do. The battle consisted of making a move, and then 30 seconds of watching "waiting for server" or something along those lines flash on screen. low level battle took about 5 min when it should have taken 1. cant imagine longer level 30 battles but I'll give it a shot.

overwhelmed by the game currently, but it's a hell of a lot more fun than I expected. looking forward to X Y.

I've not done any online battling since... D/P/Plat? I just did some local MP via the Union room today but I might try an online battle later on or something just to prepare me for however the connection is during the tournament.

Glad you're having fun though, X/Y is going to be great. Better looking models with some great new animations :D hope for some other good improvements but we'll see, it is the first proper 3DS Pokemon games after all :)

Refyref

I actually did go onto the Dream World today, to get all the promotions that are currently running. Well, that, and to rip the music files they play on the site.

Stuart444

I actually did go onto the Dream World today, to get all the promotions that are currently running. Well, that, and to rip the music files they play on the site.

I'm just trying to build up some dream points so I can access some of the other areas for some of the other Pokemon (Got a Geodude and a Drillbur the other day). I also had to get the Meloetta C-Gear skin. (Since watching the anime, I loved seeing Meloetta. I wish I didn't miss the event for it now :( ).

entremet

I'm okay with the idea of Dream World, just not the implementation. Because as you say it's kind of a slog. Also locking berry growing behind it was the worst, especially since many of them weren't even available for months.

If the XY's version of Dream World were a free 3DS app instead of a crappy browser game... all I'd have to say is GIMME!

I think they're going that direction, when you look at stuff like the dream radar.

entremet

I'm just trying to build up some dream points so I can access some of the other areas for some of the other Pokemon (Got a Geodude and a Drillbur the other day). I also had to get the Meloetta C-Gear skin. (Since watching the anime, I loved seeing Meloetta. I wish I didn't miss the event for it now :( ).

I have an extra Meloetta if you want one?

You have any cool, unwanted pokemon :).

Honestly, I only need to finish getting Grass and Water Kanto and Hoenn Starters. But if you don't have one, I can just give it to you for any regular Pokes.

Stuart444

I have an extra Meloetta if you want one?

You have any cool, unwanted pokemon :).

Honestly, I only need to finish getting Grass and Water Kanto and Hoenn Starters. But if you don't have one, I can just give it to you for any regular Pokes.

Haha, oh man, I wish I had one of the ones you were looking for but I don't :(

Stuart444

What about the Hoenn Weather Trio?

Kyogre? But for the Gen 4 games. I need it to get Rayquaza.

Again, nope :(, sorry. I like Kyogre as well so kinda sad I don't have him. (I had Sapphire originally though which is why I like Kyogre, I gave it to my brother a while ago)

entremet

OK. You can trade me now or wait until near the end of the game when you can import your Gen 4 to Gen 5 if you have any cool Pokes there.

Up to you.

You can PM me your details and let me know when you're online to trade.

Stuart444

OK. You can trade me now or wait until near the end of the game when you can import your Gen 4 to Gen 5 if you have any cool Pokes there.

Up to you.

You can PM me your details and let me know when you're online to trade.

Alright, not sure if I'll do it right now or not. About to have dinner so I'll look into this after that (and pm you then) :) thanks for the offer regardless though.

Keyouta

I don't know why, but I want to see X and Y's boxart. I know it will just be the mascots + a matching background, but I'd still like to see it!

Stuart444

entrement, I'm getting you a Bulbasaur. Found my leaf green, Started a new game in it and did a pal park transfer and off to get it in Plat. Afterwards, I'll transfer it to my White 1 and give it to you from that. (I can transfer Meloetta to White 2 later on after that).

If that's alright with you, I'll pm you once it's in White 1

Aw, it's Level 100? I was looking forward to training it...

Ah, well. I guess it's a good thing they changed the EV system so that I can give it the stats he needs even at Level 100.

Stuart444

The Wifi Deoxys event according to serebii, it's in Japan as well.

So I'm wondering, when is it up? Is it up at 12am on the 8th UTC/GMT or is it up when it's up in Japan or what?

Thank God for the join avenue.

I don't think I'll use it this time around. I've been looking for an excuse to plug another 10 or so hours into BW2, so I'll be soft-resetting for natures and IVs and grinding wild Pokémon for EVs! I'm so happy they added the ability to increase stats through EVs at Level 100 in this gen. I'll say it again: Thank Arceus for Gen V!

Top Bottom