• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Macka

Panchum <3

The graphics look pretty nice, and I so hope that you can ride ANY quadruped Pokemon around like Gogoat. Screw the bike, I wanna ride an Arcanine!

braves01

Banned
Gogoat is a boss pokemon that II can't wait to ride around. I really like all the new details I'm reading about. I just hope they keep the battle speed the same as B2W2 because I'm worried with the 3D models there may be loading that brings the game back to DPP level slowness.

Wichu

Full character customisation? Called it. Now we just need confirmation that pink-clothed girl is another player character :)

EDIT: Where's my old gen 6 predictionsass-pulls post, and what can I cross off?

I'm reasonably confident we'll start seeing Gen 6 stuff early next year, for a late 2013 (Japan)/early 2014 (rest of world) release (i.e. Gen 5 only lasts 3 years).

Time to randomly pull Gen 6 predictions
/wishlist
out of my ass:
  • 3DS exclusive (duh) yep
  • Can trade up from Gen 5 unknown
  • Pokédex 3D models in battle :) nope :(
  • In fact, all sprites are replaced with 3D models :( yep
  • Battle screen shows field effects (rain, barriers, entry hazards etc), like in Battle Revolution unknown
  • Still no 6v6 random matchup (singles will be limited to 3v3 and doubles to 4v4 as Battle Revolution and B/W) :/ unknown
  • Seasonal changes return and are more glorious than ever (i.e. affect more than just two or three routes) unknown
  • Secret Bases return
    I wish :(
    unknown
  • Assign HMs/items to buttons on the touch screen unknown
  • More freedom of exploration after the linearity of Gen 5 (maybe the ability to go off the predefined routes?) from the region map, looks likely
  • A city you can walk all the way around (like Castelia but circular) AWW YEAH
  • Some form of level scaling for enemy Pokémon unknown
  • CO-OP MODE
    local wireless only
    possibly
  • Return of rental Pokémon - maybe a rental-only online mode unknown
  • Jungle area because we haven't really had one yet probably not
  • Infinite-use TMs stay; HMs can be deleted more easily unknown
  • New HMs, and more uses for existing ones unknown
  • LUCK SHOULD TOTALLY BE A STAT LIKE IN OTHER RPGS what was I thinking
  • Puzzles involving ciphers/foreign languages unknown
  • At least one important double/multi battle like in R/S/E/D/P/Pt unknown
  • Randomly generated post-game dungeon(s) unknown
  • Scientist Gym Leader unknown
  • World Tournament returns, not only Gym Leaders and Champions unknown
  • IT'S NOW LOCATED IN THE BATTLE FRONTIER! hopefully
  • Legendary on top of a mountain unknown
  • Ancient ruins (OK, this should be obvious - we've had them in every game since Gen 3) yep
  • Romance between two NPCs who knows
  • More Gym Leader story involvement unknown
  • More crazy familial treachery like
    Ghetsis/N
    in B/W unknown
  • Customisable Poké Balls (return of Ball Seals?) unknown
  • No new alternate forms of old Pokémon false
  • Except a third bird-like Giratina form in the R/S/E remake (where Dialga/Palkia/Giratina will be catchable) come at me
  • Arbitrary screwing with evolution levels for game balance (the only non-starter Fire-type in D/P takes 33 levels to evolve? WTF) unknown
  • 250-300 Pokémon in regional dex unknown
  • ~150 new Pokémon unknown
  • Lots of split evolution lines! unknown
  • Evolutions of old Pokémon! sylveon
  • Several different evolution animations please?
  • Ghost/Dark event legendary won't know for a while
  • Badass Poison/Dragon type this would be cool
  • An unobtainable non-event legendary I can't remember what this means
  • An ability that lets you use moves at times when you normally couldn't unknown
  • Fire-type starter doesn't become Fighting type finally
  • One of the starters becomes Dark-type yes!
  • More cool Bug-type designs unknown
  • A non-starter three-stage Grass/Fire/Water trio unknown
  • A move with the side-effect of not allowing the user to switch after use unknown
  • A fifth weather condition (sixth if you count fog) unknown
  • More crazy 'Room' moves unknown
  • An item that taunts the holder, vying with Ring Target as the gimmickiest item in the game unknown
  • A Focus Band ability unknown
  • Support for sound-based moves make Chatot happy :(
  • An attack called Cold Snap unknown
  • Lucario/Zoroark counterpart is Psychic-type unknown
  • Cute rodent Pokémon with round cheeks probably
  • European dragon based Pokémon unknown
  • Sun/moon based Pokémon (legendaries?) unknown
  • Whimsicott is still the cutest Pokémon obviously
  • A crappy new battle type involving moving your Pokémon around the battle area unknown

EDIT: More ideaspredictions:
  • Streamlined interface that will take some getting used to looks the same as B/W
  • Item crafting from berries/ores/random other items unknown
  • A Bug/Psychic type unknown
  • A lantern bug Pokémon unknown
  • More spider-based Pokémon (you can never have too few spiders) unknown
  • I did say 'more awesome Bug-types' already, so I'll stop there I said unknown already
  • Another man-made Pokémon does Newtwo count?
  • Travel into the in-game interwebs to see Porygon in its natural habitat!
    Pokémon X Digimon crossover :p
    unknown
  • A legendary/ies based on semi-obscure deities looks like it
  • A steampunk Pokémon unknown
Let's see if I actually get any right. What does everyone else want/expect in Gen 6?

Salsa

z7PUSMS.jpg

5iq6w78.jpg

best boxart to date, by far.

Ghosts die if you don't believe in them.

In fact, any magical creature dies if you don't believe in them.

I was making a joke off the whole "fairies dying" and ghosts typically being dead things. Though to be honest I don't recall any stories where ghosts die if you don't believe in them , only the fact most stories have people who don't believe in ghosts.

Refyref

Nah, the Pokédex 3D models resemble the console 3D games more. X/Y have different textures and shading style that emulates the official artwork.

Well, I wasn't talking about textures/shading, since that's a different thing than models. :p
I prefer the final look of the X/Y version, though.

Wichu

Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but they've finally increased the character limits for names.
For example: Previously, move names were limited to 12 characters, while Parabolic Charge is 16. Pokémon names were limited to 10 characters, but Pancham's French name is Pandespiègle (12 characters).

Most important consequence: LONGER NICKNAMES!

Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but they've finally increased the character limits for names.
For example: Previously, move names were limited to 12 characters, while Parabolic Charge is 16. Pokémon names were limited to 10 characters, but Pancham's French name is Pandespiègle (12 characters).

Most important consequence: LONGER NICKNAMES!

And with this...

Do you think old item names will StaySmooshedTogether?

Hey guys, I need a braviary / rufflet to fill out my pokedex. Can someone trade me one?

Also, I'm looking for an event keldeo...should have some decent stuff to trade for it in the next few days (need to transfer other games into this one first).

Hey guys, I need a braviary / rufflet to fill out my pokedex. Can someone trade me one?

Also, I'm looking for an event keldeo...should have some decent stuff to trade for it in the next few days (need to transfer other games into this one first).
I can give you a Rufflet. Friend Code is 4213 1795 5994.

I still need a Rufflet, though it's a little late to get much use out of it. Would have made a good Flyer.

Next week I can catch up on those damn Hidden Ability Pokemon. I hate thinking of a Pokemon I want and finding out it has a ridiculously useful Hidden Ability and I'm basically screwing myself if I don't get it.

braves01

Banned
I still need a Rufflet, though it's a little late to get much use out of it. Would have made a good Flyer.

Next week I can catch up on those damn Hidden Ability Pokemon. I hate thinking of a Pokemon I want and finding out it has a ridiculously useful Hidden Ability and I'm basically screwing myself if I don't get it.

I can hook you up. PM if interested.

Also, I would appreciate borrowing a Genesect from someone just so it shows up in my dex then I'll send it back with a rare candy for the time spent. I'll also send over one of my legendaries for insurance.

I can give you a Rufflet. Friend Code is 4213 1795 5994.

Great, thanks, I'll add you.

I just bought a 3ds...

Edit: Also, since it seems that Keldeo is hard to come by these days, if someone could let me borrow one for the dex entry, I'd appreciate that. I can lend my reshiram as insurance.

Jofamo

Can anyone help me out with a Chikorita, Totodile or Torchic? Really needing those for my Pokedex. I can offer any other starter, or a bunch of other stuff if you're looking for something.

Stuart444

Hey guys, we can't find an answer to this so thought I'd ask here.

On the B/W2 habitat list, it shows on desert resort (after catching all the pokemon there) a great pokeball/pokedex symbol next to the word "Desert Resort" (to the right)

I have most previous pokemon before now and on places like Route 4, Virbank Complex, etc. It shows that I have completed those areas (pokeball symbol to the left in the green box) but the grey pokedex looking symbol which is next to the resort isn't next to any of those.

So yeah, anyone know what it is? Can't find an answer at all.

Jofamo

Hey guys, we can't find an answer to this so thought I'd ask here.

On the B/W2 habitat list, it shows on desert resort (after catching all the pokemon there) a great pokeball/pokedex symbol next to the word "Desert Resort" (to the right)

I have most previous pokemon before now and on places like Route 4, Virbank Complex, etc. It shows that I have completed those areas (pokeball symbol to the left in the green box) but the grey pokedex looking symbol which is next to the resort isn't next to any of those.

So yeah, anyone know what it is? Can't find an answer at all.

Quite simply, you haven't caught all the Pokémon on those routes. Once you can Surf, a new section of the habitat opens up, and when you get the Super Rod, another one does too. So most areas typically have 3 sections to the habitat dex.

braves01

Banned
Yeah, I'm just going for the regional dex too. I've seen everything (except Genesect!) now I just need to do some levelling, use some stones, etc. until I've captured them all.

subtles

Anybody else think that the Fairy type will be renamed Light type (assuming it's true)? Dark type was called Evil type in Japan so maybe the connotations of Fairy in Japan are the opposite of Evil?

Top Bottom