• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Neo Child

Banned
Would have been sweet if the protag in b2/w2 could battle the b/w protag in a red-esque moment.

I've played about 150 hours in b2/w2 so i havent seen it if it does.

Macka

I've finally returned to White 2 after having a few months break. I remember battling every trainer along the way, but I just got up to Elesa's gym and the first trainer in her gym has Pokemon 3-4 levels higher than mine. Granted I already have a full team of six, but I don't remember needing to grind for levels before.

Oh well, I'll train in the grass and hopefully find a shiny :)

I'd recommend a Trapinch for the Elesa battle. I remember I found one in the desert resort and it had Bulldoze and Rock Slide (super effective against Emolga) and is immune to electricity.

Draconian

I've finally returned to White 2 after having a few months break. I remember battling every trainer along the way, but I just got up to Elesa's gym and the first trainer in her gym has Pokemon 3-4 levels higher than mine. Granted I already have a full team of six, but I don't remember needing to grind for levels before.

Oh well, I'll train in the grass and hopefully find a shiny :)

I just got to this point in the past week, and I had to do the same. I beat the trainers pretty easily, but she's annoying to fight.

Finding N's Darmanitan in the desert made it really easy though.

I really think Black and White 2 are my favorite games in the series though. There's just so much to do, and despite having the same pokemon and region, it really hasn't gotten stale for me at all.

I'd still really like to get the dex entry for Keldeo. I've got a manaphy which I can lend as insurance, and perhaps this would also fill out the dex for someone else?

Neo Child

Banned
Seeing all the Gen VI Pokémon avatars made me realize that Turtwig is old-school now.

image.php

2006. 7 years ago almost.

Aggrotek

In order to pass the time between now and October I am going to hunt the shit out of some shinies.

I STILL haven't gotten my shiny Scraggy, and am currently taking a break to hunt for a Joltik in Chargestone cave. I thought this would be easier with the shiny charm. :(

Just look at this guy:

595.gif

My list to hopefully get before October is this:

595.gif
560.gif
543.gif
613.gif

Going to try and get these soon:

635.gif
472.gif
376.gif

Metagross will be pretty difficult to get as you can't breed Beldum. I'm going to have to use Pokéradar to get it in Platinum. The other two shouldn't be too difficult to get though!

Aggrotek

Going to try and get these soon:

635.gif
472.gif
376.gif

Metagross will be pretty difficult to get as you can't breed Beldum. I'm going to have to use Pokéradar to get it in Platinum. The other two shouldn't be too difficult to get though!

All good choices. But 2 of them will take a while to hatch lol

http://abload.de/img/13686710308995ixc5.jpg[IMG]

source of this?

And I like how Giratina is like "i can still be here ryt?"[/QUOTE]
Mijinko ([url=http://i-hometown.dyndns.org/mij/]Homepage[/url])

[url=http://i-hometown.dyndns.org/mij/pokemon/e/densetsu/]Image src[/url]
[quote]This commissioned picture features a gathering of all the Legendary and Illusion Pokemon up until DP.
While looking at the Tateyama Mandala, I drew this picture. In a "click", I got a sense of the scale of the monument. It's *really* big.
Wherever I present this picture, I'm sometimes asked "Where's Mewtwo?". Well, he's definitely there if you look.[/quote]

The difference is ridiculously minuscule. You can't even tell on most backgrounds.

Does anybody have a female Dream World Gligar and/ or Swinub to trade? I'll be able to use Dream World myself soon, but it sounds tedious.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really need a good water type, but I'm having hard time finding one in Black 2. Anyone wanna trade me one?

Awesome avatar, Aggro. :)

Wichu

Ok, thats one move, 3 to go!

OUTRAGE.

Garchomp and Haxorus have very similar movepools. Garchomp is naturally faster, but Haxorus has more raw power. Maybe Dragon Dance on Haxorus to improve its Speed, and Swords Dance on Garchomp for more Attack?

Garchomp learns Fire-type attacks like Fire Blast or Fire Fang to handle Steel-types, while Haxorus relies on Mold Breaker Earthquake, or even Superpower.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. :D

Also, what role do you want your water type to play?
Slaughtering.

lol, I have no clue. I should probably do more research first. I want a Blastoise for old times sake, but I dunno if that's competitively viable.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Go Rain Dance, friend. You won't be sorry.

Kingdra/Ludicolo/Kabutops, the holy trinity.
Ooh, a kingdra would be awesome. I have a sort of contradictory process posing pokemon. I want to play somewhat competitively, but I also want pokemon I think look cool, and sometimes I'll choose looks over stats.

Spiderduff

OUTRAGE.

Garchomp and Haxorus have very similar movepools. Garchomp is naturally faster, but Haxorus has more raw power. Maybe Dragon Dance on Haxorus to improve its Speed, and Swords Dance on Garchomp for more Attack?

Garchomp learns Fire-type attacks like Fire Blast or Fire Fang to handle Steel-types, while Haxorus relies on Mold Breaker Earthquake, or even Superpower.

Haxorus
1. Earthquake
2. Outrage
3. Dragon Dance
4. ?

Garchomp
1. Swords Dance
2. Fire Blast or Fire Fang
3. ?
4. ?

So far so good?

Top Bottom