• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

zroid

Banned
Dang that's true, I don't really have much PokéGAF representation in my friends list at all. Never had much reason to before now!

I'm almost full up... need to do some pruning to prepare for October.

Salsa

Dang that's true, I don't really have much PokéGAF representation in my friends list at all. Never had much reason to before now!

I'm almost full up... need to do some pruning to prepare for October.

I wish everyone used their GAF handles on their 3DS

you bastards

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex everywhere, all the time. Except for those times it's taken, usually by some guy in Mexico. Then I'm upgraded to AmazingAndrex. Because I amazing.

B E L I E V E

Macka

I'm worried. In the last week, Pokemon White 2 has frozen once for no reason at all, and just then when I tried to start the game on my 3DS, I got a black screen saying 'an error has occurred. Please hold down the power button'.

This happened a few more times and I had to remove and insert the cartridge each time until it worked. The game and 3DS are in perfect condition. I have my Shiny Totodile on that cartridge and I'd be devastated if I lost it due to a save file corruption.

On another note, Nintendo finally gave out the new Animal Crossing Streetpass puzzle. Gotta get ready to walk around in Manhattan again, 40 pieces :x

Dude, I'm in Manhattan on Sunday to visit family! Maybe we'll pass each other :)

I nominate UltimateIke if it's up for grabs.

I second this notion.

I saw a Scrafty plush at my local Target and was... REALLY tempted.

Wait, you DIDN'T go for it? What else are you going to use for that money; food? Psh!

Gun Animal

I'll bet this is something that gets asked a lot, but I've searched and searched and can't find a decent answer.

I've been a big Pokemon fan since first gen and I played most of the main titles up until Gen 5, but my DS died before I could play black or white. I'm finally getting a 3DS on the 9th though, and I mean to catch up! Problem is, I don't know which ones I should be getting. I do know that B2&W2 has a separate story from B&W, so I definitely want one of each. So, my dilemma:

Do I get Black and Black 2, White and White 2, Black and White 2 or White and Black 2? Please help me Gaf.

zroid

Banned
Here's my friend code: 1676-3679-7062

I'll add everyone who posted theirs on the last couple pages

I could have.

998.gif

Do I get Black and Black 2, White and White 2, Black and White 2 or White and Black 2? Please help me Gaf.

You wanna go Black/Black 2. Better version exclusives (and the only great White exclusive is an in-game trade in Black), cooler Opelucid City, Black City is more useful than White Forest, Rotation Battles are more interesting than Triple Battles.

There's basically no reason you would want to get White versions.

You wanna go Black/Black 2. Better version exclusives (and the only great White exclusive is an in-game trade in Black), cooler Opelucid City, Black City is more useful than White Forest, Rotation Battles are more interesting than Triple Battles.

Braviary says hi.

Stuart444

I got White/White 2, only reason I'm jealous of Black users is because of the cooler Opelucid City :(.

Besides that, they are both as good as each other. Though it was odd seeing how route 4 is different between Black 2/White 2 - small meaningless difference and shouldn't affect your decision but it was still odd seeing that.

DaBoss

Hmm yea, I should add PokéGAF people to my friends list.

I remember I used to want Zekrom since it looked cooler to me before, but Reshiram looked better to me afterwards.

Gun Animal

Yeah, I was leaning towards Black 1 simply because Murkrow has been on just about every one of my rosters for more than a decade. Also I like your avatar more than the other guy, so Black & Black 2 it is. Thanks.

Macka

So I was just thinking...how are the games going to manage the growing number of Pokemon? I mean, after X&Y we'll probably be close to 800. Is this sustainable forever?

Think of when the Pokedex is 2000 strong. Are Gamefreak going to make that many models for every new game?

entremet

Anyone have Spoink or Grumpig? It's the last Pokemon family I need to complete my BW2 Unova dex. I can breed a Spoink if anyone just has a Grumpig.

I tried GTS but man so much trolls. Under level 9 Zekrom requests for everything. So annoying. They better fix this in Gen VI.

DaBoss

Added Boss Doggie, Cuteness Overload, and ColtraineGF.

So I was just thinking...how are the games going to manage the growing number of Pokemon? I mean, after X&Y we'll probably be close to 800. Is this sustainable forever?

Think of when the Pokedex is 2000 strong. Are Gamefreak going to make that many models for every new game?

I don't think it will be close to 800, more closer to 750. I don't think we will see them adding more than a 100 Pokemon ever again, but who knows.

I think Creatures Inc. makes the models, but I don't think they will have to make completely new models for every new game, maybe each generation, but they could just re-work existing models. Though I have no idea what I'm talking about on this topic. :)

Stuart444

Anyone have Spoink or Grumpig? It's the last Pokemon family I need to complete my BW2 Unova dex. I can breed a Spoink if anyone just has a Grumpig.

I tried GTS but man so much trolls. Under level 9 Zekrom requests for everything. So annoying. They better fix this in Gen VI.

I was able to get you one (Spoink) from the dream world if you want it :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't think it will be close to 800, more closer to 750. I don't think we will see them adding more than a 100 Pokemon ever again, but who knows.

We've gotten more than a 100 new Pokemon every Gen, bar Gen 2 where we just got 100.

Top Bottom