• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Aggrotek

Zg1l497.png

Spr_2s_198.png
I0C0k.png
Spr_2s_198.png

1. All Murkrow!
2. Honchkrow is also allowed.

Spr_2g_198.png
S4W25.png
Spr_2g_198.png

* Who is the suavest of all Pokemon?
* Have you ever wanted a Pokemon that wore a Fedora?
* Shouldn't Murkrow be a starter Pokemon?
* Did you know Murkrow saved the planet from Team Rocket?

Spr_2c_198_s.gif
ZA2tQ.png
Spr_2c_198_s.gif

17murkrow_corrjackr_by_k26-d5rrud7.png

POKEMON GOLD: LOOK AT THIS DEBONAIR BASTARD

Spr_b_2g_198.png
O31Eb.png
Spr_b_2g_198.png

8mlEmyb.png

POKEMON SILVER: LOOK AT THIS TERRIFYING BASTARD

Spr_3r_198.png
zNWBi.png
Spr_3r_198.png

Paul_Murkrow.png

OK HES BORING IN THIS BUT, FUCK YOU

Spr_4h_198_m.png
TofYL.png
Spr_4h_198_m.png

uMkpkrB.png

DIVE-BOMBING MOTHERFUCKER WILL FUCK YOU UP

PJRKMRU.png
PMEGw.png
PJRKMRU.png

hCGF5vw.png

THIS IS SOME ALFRED HITCHCOCK SHIT

Box_Colo_198.png
B5uWF.png
Box_Colo_198.png

Pokepeople___Honchcrow_Murkrow_by_Masterthecreater.png

MURKROW CLAN AINT NUTTIN TO FUCK WITH

Fixed, and quoted for new page.

Also BD, thanks for letting Murkrow stay in your thread!

Aggrotek

In other news I am rapidly approaching my goal of shinies before October.

Here is what I have gotten this week alone:

559.gif
252.gif
613.gif

And I am currently working on:
215.gif

Gravijah commanded it.

No. SoulSilver was $40 when I got it, none of them were ever $50 at retail as far as I know. I guess all you can do at this point is find them used in great condition for under $40, or get incredibly lucky at retail.

I've been thinking about getting Black because I currently only have Black 2. It would get me a Reshiram for White Kyurem presumably, plus I can trade with it for those darn trade evolutions, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bah, I've had Honchkrow, Gyarados, and Braviary on my team at various points... I guess I'd choose Gyarados...

I tried random battles. I've only been matched against Japanese players, first guy I ever played against had 500 wins, another guy had a Jumpluff with Leech Seed, Protect, Substitute, and Sleep Powder. I am no longer compelled to play online.
I took out the first guy's Salamence in one hit with my Haxorus, so that was exciting at least.

And somebody recommend a Pokemon that makes good use of Fire attacks but doesn't get its ass kicked by Earthquake. Not Moltres.

backlot

I tried random battles. I've only been matched against Japanese players, first guy I ever played against had 500 wins, another guy had a Jumpluff with Leech Seed, Protect, Substitute, and Sleep Powder. I am no longer compelled to play online. I took out the first guy's Salamence in one hit with my Haxorus, so that was exciting at least.

And somebody recommend a Pokemon that makes good use of Fire attacks but doesn't get its ass kicked by Earthquake.

You could try Volcarona. It takes neutral damage from Earthquake. Not much for taking physical damage though. Is there a certain Pokemon you're trying to counter?

And somebody recommend a Pokemon that makes good use of Fire attacks but doesn't get its ass kicked by Earthquake. Not Moltres.

Rotom with Overheat is the only one who sees any sort of competitive use that outright ignores Earthquake. Unless you're looking to go into Ubers, that is. There's also Charizard, and Volcarona (who was mentioned already).

If you're looking for non-Fire types, then you could go with Salamence.

Firestorm

I tried random battles. I've only been matched against Japanese players, first guy I ever played against had 500 wins, another guy had a Jumpluff with Leech Seed, Protect, Substitute, and Sleep Powder. I am no longer compelled to play online.
I took out the first guy's Salamence in one hit with my Haxorus, so that was exciting at least.

Zapdos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh hey, it IS Butterfree returning in the anime!

Also why does Ash want to catch a Dunsparce? It's the main dilemma of the ep where Ash and Iris fight (Iris's Axew apparently got in the way for catching this Dunsparce).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Also why does Ash want to catch a Dunsparce? It's the main dilemma of the ep where Ash and Iris fight (Iris's Axew apparently got in the way for catching this Dunsparce).

At least, it will put all rumors regard with butterfree's death to rest.

entremet

I get way more Japanese players too. It's been fun, I got my first win lol. Took only 10 battles lol.

I used a team inspired by MikeMyers's current battle subway team.

Gyarados (No item) (Intimidate)
TWave
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
Waterfall

Tyranitar (No item) (Sand Stream)
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Low Kick

Garchomp (Dragon Gem) (Sand Veil)
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Fire Fang

I need to get the Sword Dance TM for my Garchomp, still grinding BP, though.

Any suggestions for items, I don't have any Choice Items, again BP grinding, so annoying. But I do have a Life Orb and Leftovers.

Aggrotek

I get way more Japanese players too. It's been fun, I got my first win lol. Took only 10 battles lol.

I used a team inspired by MikeMyers's current battle subway team.

Gyarados (No item) (Intimidate)
TWave
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
Waterfall

Tyranitar (No item) (Sand Stream)
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Low Kick

Garchomp (Dragon Gem) (Sand Veil)
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Outrage
Fire Fang

I need to get the Sword Dance TM for my Garchomp, still grinding BP, though.

Any suggestions for items, I don't have any Choice Items, again BP grinding, so annoying. But I do have a Life Orb and Leftovers.

You could probably get away with giving TTar the Lefties.

JoeM86

Why wouldn't he want to catch a Dunsparce?

Stuart444

At least, it will put all rumors regard with butterfree's death to rest.

True, I had to research the issue once and post quite a few different links just to prove to someone else that it wasn't trued and was caused by a mistranslation. And the person was still skeptical to believe it.

I can see some people at least still believe it and just say they retcon'd it in this upcoming episode.

I've tried Tyranitar, I have two, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do with their stats. Tyranitar might as well have 1 hp and be made out of tissue paper as soon as Fighting moves are involved.

And would that be Rotom-Heat, or maybe Wash? I don't like to cripple my ability to offense after one hit. I use a lot of Pokemon who are weak to Ground and Water, since I've just been training whoever I like without regards to much beyond their moves and stats.
Infernape
Metagross
Tyranitar
Swampert
Nidoking
Starmie
Haxorus
Lucario

Only Starmie and Nidoking are Special, and they of course get knocked out in one hit too. The rest are all pretty basic Attack and Speed EV, except for Swampert who's Attack and HP and one Tyranitar is Attack and Defense (doesn't really help). It's pretty obvious where they're lacking type-wise, but I can't really think of who to get. And when I do think of one (like Mamoswine), it has a useful Dream World ability I'm slow to bother getting.

entremet

I've tried Tyranitar, I have two, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do with their stats. Tyranitar might as well have 1 hp and be made out of tissue paper as soon as Fighting moves are involved.

And would that be Rotom-Heat, or maybe Wash? I don't like to cripple my ability to offense after one hit. I use a lot of Pokemon who are weak to Ground and Water, since I've just been training whoever I like without regards to much beyond their moves and stats.
Infernape
Metagross
Tyranitar
Swampert
Nidoking
Starmie
Haxorus
Lucario

Only Starmie and Nidoking are Special, and they of course get knocked out in one hit too. The rest are all pretty basic Attack and Speed EV, except for Swampert who's Attack and HP and one Tyranitar is Attack and Defense (doesn't really help). It's pretty obvious where they're lacking type-wise, but I can't really think of who to get. And when I do think of one (like Mamoswine), it has a useful Dream World ability I'm slow to bother getting.
Well Tyranitar is 4x times weak to fighting. Nothing you can really do there. Love Sandstream though for the Special Defenses boosts.

Top Bottom