• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stuart444

Just curious, has anyone tried this method to EV Train a pokemon (and get it to level 100), how'd it work?

Not tried it myself since I'm not even nearly finished the game but if it works well then great (though I bet joint avenue and stuff wouldn't even be in the next game :( )

On a related note: Joint Avenue is fun, chasing after people I have seen online just to get them to open a shop.

Frost_Ace

Just curious, has anyone tried this method to EV Train a pokemon (and get it to level 100), how'd it work?

Not tried it myself since I'm not even nearly finished the game but if it works well then great (though I bet joint avenue and stuff wouldn't even be in the next game :( )

On a related note: Joint Avenue is fun, chasing after people I have seen online just to get them to open a shop.

Honestly leveling to 100 seems kinda pointless in this game now that battles are fixed at 50 :/

Wichu

Seems legit. '10 minutes' is probably an exaggeration; you need to take into account getting Pass Orbs for the Pass Powers etc.

Also, I don't have Black Tower. None of the people I know with Black 2 have finished it yet :(

Oh hey, it IS Butterfree returning in the anime!

Also why does Ash want to catch a Dunsparce? It's the main dilemma of the ep where Ash and Iris fight (Iris's Axew apparently got in the way for catching this Dunsparce).

Anything to get Iris out of the anime. (I know it won't happen).

PokéGAF needs to have one last battle tourney for Gen V before X and Y release.

It wouldn't even have to be by elimination. I doubt many people would join, so everyone could probably battle everyone else, make it two out of three matches to determine the winner, and the champ would be whoever has the most wins at the end!

Honestly leveling to 100 seems kinda pointless in this game now that battles are fixed at 50 :/

You can still do friend matches at 100.

But none of my friends' teams are ever at level 100. :(

Not quite, seeing as I've only played Black 2. You can't even go on Route 8 until after you've beaten the game, and with the way the region is laid out as well as the constant alternating between routes, caves, and bridges, the routes are still a fustercluck when trying to find anything on the map.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm actually thinking Ash will end up getting a Dunsparce like he did Aipom in Battle Frontier, and it'll evolve into a New Evolution.

1. Dunsparce has weird focus in Mysterious Dungeon 3DS, and appeared a lot in advertisements for BW2 when it came to returning Pokemon.
2. In the current OP, one scene shows a random Dunsparce smack-dab in the middle...when I first saw this, my capture radar went off.
3. Dunsparce, imo, is the perfect candidate for being a Fairy re-typed. Based off a fictional animal, and it learns the "mystical" sounding Serene Grace Ability.

Not quite, seeing as I've only played Black 2. You can't even go on Route 8 until after you've beaten the game, and with the way the region is laid out as well as the constant alternating between routes, caves, and bridges, the routes are still a fustercluck when trying to find anything on the map.

In B/W it is in order. You are required to go through Routes 1-10 in order to reach the end. Route 16 is optional and are available after you reach Nimbasa City. Route 17-18 are optional and are available after you get Surf. Routes 11-15 are available in the postgame.

It's only a clusterfuck because you are playing the sequel.

I'm actually thinking Ash will end up getting a Dunsparce like he did Aipom in Battle Frontier, and it'll evolve into a New Evolution.

1. Dunsparce has weird focus in Mysterious Dungeon 3DS, and appeared a lot in advertisements for BW2 when it came to returning Pokemon.
2. In the current OP, one scene shows a random Dunsparce smack-dab in the middle...when I first saw this, my capture radar went off.
3. Dunsparce, imo, is the perfect candidate for being a Fairy re-typed. Based off a fictional animal, and it learns the "mystical" sounding Serene Grace Ability.

Yay Dunsparce evolution!

I like how people are hyping themselves up for a Dunsparce evolution. But then again, those people ARE fans of Dunsparce so it's not like they know any better. :3

Stuart444

So a couple of questions in here for you folks:

1. Do you think they will remake R/S/E this gen after X/Y? (I kinda hope so, I enjoyed the hoenn region. Also Kyogre FTW >.> )

2. Do you think they will do a combination remake sometime in the future to get more people into the games/caught up with the games (or something like that). What I mean is, combining the story line/region of one game with another (ie Gen 1 + Gen 2). Would need some modifications like the story line itself but it'd introduce the regions for a new generation.

Okay, maybe it's just a giant wish of mines but being stuck with one region for each game makes me sad :(. I've always thought they could introduce a tournament like the anime for one region (ie Kanto region + indigo league) with the second region/gym battles allowing you to face the elite four.

3. What new gameplay mechanics would you like to see in the future? Or what improvements (besides HMs being passive or something that doesn't take up a move slot :p ) would you want to the story/gameplay/etc.

Game Freak has changed a number of things and taken a few chances with B/W/B2/W2 and it looks like that will continue with X/Y so who knows what they will add in the future.

(this post was waaay longer than I intended it to be but I've been thinking a lot today and this is the result of that)

DaBoss

Well were the purposes of the Gen I & II remakes to make the games use modern mechanics along with having those Pokemon obtainable? That is the question I think that needs to be asked. Gen III Pokemon would potentially be available if they allow you to transfer Gen V to Gen VI.

Firestorm

Well were the purposes of the Gen I & II remakes to make the games use modern mechanics along with having those Pokemon obtainable? That is the question I think that needs to be asked. Gen III Pokemon would potentially be available if they allow you to transfer Gen V to Gen VI.
I believe the primary purpose of HeartGold and SoulSilver was to do this:

VZJ9XnM.jpg

Ondore

Not sure where else to ask for this - did someone make a .gif of KK Slider as a DJ with "They call her big booty so I call her big booty", or am I crazy?

backlot

Not sure where else to ask for this - did someone make a .gif of KK Slider as a DJ with "They call her big booty so I call her big booty", or am I crazy?

Yeah, I've seen it around. You might have better luck asking in the Animal Crossing thread in Gaming.

Top Bottom