• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Unicorn

- I hate the vast majority of the new pokemon (loved the vast majority of the pokemon introduced in D/P).
- Hated the really linear map.
- The grind outside the Elite 4 was impossible to get pokemon above level 40. Even had a level 70 Heatran and still struggled. On top of that it was a rollercoaster, neverending final section of the game.
LLShC.gif

- The shitty minigame to transfer my pokemon from HG/SS over.
- PC management was a big step back from HG/SS (slower).
- And other nitpicks, like the awkward "animations."

MikeMyers

Hmmm, just too broke to afford X or Y AND a 3DS...guess I'll just get the game and borrow someone's 3DS.

Also from another thread, but still relevant to PokeGAF:
Dat first post. The Thing is, and always will be, my #1 favourite horror movie. Just be sure to stay away from the crappy 2011 prequel which retroactively ruins some parts of the sublime original.

I watched Carpenter's version of The Thing with Carpenter in the same room, true story.

"Titles rated PG (Parental Guidance Recommended) have been assessed to contain material that may not be appropriate or needs to be explained to children and therefore parental guidance is recommended. According to the OFLC, the content is "mild" to impressionable viewers."

According to the site, there's a "mild impact" under Violence and Themes. Violence is understandable, given the whole contact thing. Themes, huh.

Intriguing.

"Titles rated PG (Parental Guidance Recommended) have been assessed to contain material that may not be appropriate or needs to be explained to children and therefore parental guidance is recommended. According to the OFLC, the content is "mild" to impressionable viewers."

According to the site, there's a "mild impact" under Violence and Themes. Violence is understandable, given the whole contact thing. Themes, huh.

Intriguing.
Prostitution confirmed again.

I never played the first games. I'm not sure if I would care to play through the same game again but as White 2, so I feel like I should get Black.

Stuart444

Hey guys latest episode went up yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTyNPjqJLnY

if I ever get time, I'll watch through these. maybe after I complete White 2, I'll go back to HG/SS and complete them and then watch the videos... or something like that.

Anyway, even though it probably won't happen, would anyone love another anime trailer similar to B/W2s anime trailer before the games were released? I loved the anime trailers, fun stuff to watch (and to imagine what it would be like as a proper anime lol)

Anyway, even though it probably won't happen, would anyone love another anime trailer similar to B/W2s anime trailer before the games were released? I loved the anime trailers, fun stuff to watch (and to imagine what it would be like as a proper anime lol)
I'm really hoping those become standard - we got one for BW/2 and GtI, let's hope they continue.

Stuart444

I'm really hoping those become standard - we got one for BW/2 and GtI, let's hope they continue.

Oh yeah, I first saw this one the other day (wasn't paying much attention outside of playing the GtI demo to it).

Really hope they continue, they are pretty fun to watch.

edit: from twitter:
Jason Schreier @jasonschreier
Looks like Nintendo is doing a lot of different E3 events. Pokemon X/Y presentation/Q&A on June 11 at 6pm PT.

edit 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564237

1.5 hour long? AWESOME!

Intriguing.

For a second there I thought they rated it R18+

That would have been interesting...

Mordeccai

Hi PokeGAF! I'm playing Heart Gold right now, and its the first pokemon game I've played since Ruby/Sapphire.

First off, holy hell. These games have changed a lot. I got bit hard by the pokebug and have already put 17 hours into this game and I started it two weeks ago. But now that I'm getting a bit further I have a few questions.

I'm noticing some pokemon take way longer to level up than others which I wasn't aware of before. I bought a Dratini with some coins in Goldenrod and was hyped to level him up but the dude easily takes 2x the xp to level up as anyone else. I'm thinking of banking him until I get to trainers that have level 30+ pokemon and powerleveling him then so that he doesn't leech too much xp from my main party members and I can powerlevel him quickly later. Is this a sound strategy?

Also, what level should I evolve my pokemon that use stones? I have read through google conflicting reports on leveling up my Weepinbell. It looks like he can learn moves up to level forty something, but doesn't his stats go up less as well if I don't evolve him?

I'm not looking to play the game competitively and battle other people, just getting me through the single player side will be enough :]

Stuart444

Also, what level should I evolve my pokemon that use stones? I have read through google conflicting reports on leveling up my Weepinbell. It looks like he can learn moves up to level forty something, but doesn't his stats go up less as well if I don't evolve him?

With this, I personally always evolve them after they learn the moves that I want them to or in Eevee's case, before it learns it's first elemental move (ie Glaceon's Icy Wind or Espeons first unique attack that Eevee doesn't learn).

With Growlithe for instance, I plan on leveling it up to 45 (B/W2) before evolving it into Arcanine who only learns Extremespeed. His fire attacks are more valuable to me (at least for in-game stuff which is all I care about until after I complete the game).

I do this with every game and whenever I use a Pokemon that evolves by stone. Always check on serebii and decide if it's worth it I say. For me, the single move(s) they learn after evolving is never worth it compared to moves it can only learn in it's pre-evolution stage (again in-game. Competitive battling 'may' be a different story but I honestly haven't looked into it 'yet')

Hi PokeGAF! I'm playing Heart Gold right now, and its the first pokemon game I've played since Ruby/Sapphire.

First off, holy hell. These games have changed a lot. I got bit hard by the pokebug and have already put 17 hours into this game and I started it two weeks ago. But now that I'm getting a bit further I have a few questions.

I'm noticing some pokemon take way longer to level up than others which I wasn't aware of before. I bought a Dratini with some coins in Goldenrod and was hyped to level him up but the dude easily takes 2x the xp to level up as anyone else. I'm thinking of banking him until I get to trainers that have level 30+ pokemon and powerleveling him then so that he doesn't leech too much xp from my main party members and I can powerlevel him quickly later. Is this a sound strategy?

I'm not looking to play the game competitively and battle other people, just getting me through the single player side will be enough :]
- Certain Pokemon always take longer to level than others. I personally got a Dratini ASAP, and leveled it up with me as the game progressed, but it's up to you, really.

- Stone evolutions don't get their stats lowered if you wait, so you don't need to worry about that. You can wait until they learn a move that you want, and then use a stone afterwards.

Neo Child

Banned
- I hate the vast majority of the new pokemon (loved the vast majority of the pokemon introduced in D/P).
- i absolutely loved gen v but thats just me. white 2 you get old pokes from beginning. you can have your beloved zubat and ratata back
- Hated the really linear map.
- its still pretty linear this time i guess? new towns though and changed routes
- The grind outside the Elite 4 was impossible to get pokemon above level 40. Even had a level 70 Heatran and still struggled. On top of that it was a rollercoaster, neverending final section of the game.
LLShC.gif

yeah, with the white treehollow its really no problem, you have unlimited trainers from level 40-70 to fight all with exp gain.
- The shitty minigame to transfer my pokemon from HG/SS over.
yeah, always been a bit shit. think its the same in white 2
- PC management was a big step back from HG/SS (slower).
BOOM. this has been fixed.
- And other nitpicks, like the awkward "animations."
i loved the fighting poses. i mean, makes them more lively than just standing still all the time i guess

I like Golbat's design more than Crobat's. That doesn't mean I hate Crobat, though.

Unless we're talking about its shiny version. Then it can go straight to hell.

Look at Ditto. It's a fucking blob with a face. Totally embarrassing.

The fuck. It's the silly putty pokemon. Ditto is so dope.

Just wanted to chime in and say I love every new Gen VI pokemon, I can't wait for the conference. I'm hoping we get a full reveal on Eeevee and maybe a second Eeveelution, I would love that.

I'm still hoping the rumors of a Normal type boy/girl eeveelution will be true, but I doubt it at this point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's why I don't like Zubatman jokes. Zubat is an inferior Pokemon. Crobatman is where it's at. Even has the Batman scowl!

Macka

I hate Woobat/Swoobat so much. Zubat/Golbat/Crobat are all great.

A Golbat was the first shiny Pokemon I ever encountered (in Pokemon Gold). Wasn't too happy about it being pink but what can you do.

Neo Child

Banned
I hate Woobat/Swoobat so much. Zubat/Golbat/Crobat are all great.

A Golbat was the first shiny Pokemon I ever encountered (in Pokemon Gold). Wasn't too happy about it being pink but what can you do.

i think zubat was the first shiney i encountered in platinum. too bat its a retarded lump of shit.

i do actually like golbat and crobat but i hate zubat. swoobat is just the bomb tho, that things so cute.

im on a shiney role in white 2, i have logged about 120 hours and got 4 shineys including a legendary.

zroid

Banned
Gen V has the unique distinction of introducing both my most favourite Pokémon in the 'Dex and my least favourite.

Swoobat is one of them. Guess which. :p

Top Bottom