• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I don't know what else to do after I beat the Elite Four in Black2 ):

Everything.

Fight Alder,
Cynthia, talk to N and catch Zekrom then fight him each season,
battle your rival, go to all of the towns and routes that were blocked off before you beat the Elite Four, beat the Elite Four again, Black Tower, catch lots of Pokemons, do the World Tournament.

Everything.

Fight Alder,
battle your rival, go to all of the towns and routes that were blocked off before you beat the Elite Four, beat the Elite Four again, Black Tower, catch lots of Pokemons, do the World Tournament.

Blegh, I just wish there was more to do. I've already beaten the Elite Four again on Challenge mode. My pokemon aren't even in the high 70's. Iunno, just wanted more to do. I hope they add a lot of Post-Game stuff in X/Y and hopefully rebattling trainers again.

Scirrocco

Everything.

Fight Alder,

Wait, what do you mean
then fight him each season
. Unless this is outside the ferris wheel, i didn't know about this. I knew you could fight the
shadow triad
every season but not the other guy.

MikeMyers

I like Froslass design, my personal vote for worst Gen IV design is Empoleon. His head looks like he has golden fork tines growing out of it.

You lucky goose. I got my Blu-Ray copy signed by him at Fan Expo last year, but it cost me some major moolah :(

What was it like? Did he comment on it at all or just sit in silence?
AWESOME, he also showed Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness.

Also, my name is actually from Michael Myers of Halloween, although I'm not too big on Halloween anymore, I was planning on covering that when I guest starred on Aggro's show.

Neo Child

Banned
examples of great evolutions for old pokemon:

electivire.jpg
glaceon.jpg
472Gliscor.png

examples of hideous evolutions for older pokemon:
300px-464Rhyperior.png
465.png

cant believe they made such a fucked up evolution for rhydon when its probably one of the most important pokemon ever made

Neo Child

Banned
Yanmega is my favorite gen IV evolution to an older mon. It's so badass.

was going to post that as well as magmortar.

lickilicky is also awful.

problem is alot of gen iv & v pokemon have weird proportions for their bodys. maybe its the shading in the sprites but look how weird the proportions of the bodies are. its like it would be impossible for them to stand up.

108.png
vs
463.png

112.png
vs
464.png

Wait, how is Tangrowth bad?

because its noodles and would be the king of bitch slapping

Stuart444

electivire.jpg
glaceon.jpg
472Gliscor.png

300px-464Rhyperior.png
465.png

cant believe they made such a fucked up evolution for rhydon when its probably one of the most important pokemon ever made

Glaceon is so cute <3

Also I was really depressed when I saw Rhydon's new evolution. I didn't even find out about it til earlier this year (since I never bothered training a Rhyhorn/Don since one of the earlier gens). I love Rhyhorn/don but hate his new evolution.

Neo Child

Banned
glaceon, sylveon & vaporean are my favourite eevee evolutions.

i know this is an unpopular opinion but i loathe umbreon and espeon so bad. maybe its because i assosciate pokemon colloseum with them and that game was a bit crap.

Not a big fan of Tangrowth either but Rhyperior's alright. Rhydon's definitely cooler though. My favourite of the Gen IV evos are Gallade and Yanmega.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rhyperior makes sense though - Protector item.

Also Lickylicky is "less overdesigned" compared to Lickitung and has a gourmet design which befits its theme.

because its noodles and would be the king of bitch slapping

But that's what an evolution of Tangela would look like if you think about it. I particularly don't see anything offending about it.

electivire.jpg
glaceon.jpg
472Gliscor.png

300px-464Rhyperior.png
465.png

I don't think Tangrowth is that bad, but Rhyperior is awful.

Gallade, Gliscor and Yanmega - best new guys

Gliscor is an awesome evolution. Doesn't look nearly as goofy as Gligar, better color scheme, actually useful.

Alomomola not being an evolution to Luvdisc is ridiculous. What would Emolga have evolved from? Doesn't really stand out as an evolution, just the obligatory trend of "cute" Electric types. Also, Pikachu is so played out. It wasn't even the most appealing Pokemon of Gen 1.

entremet

Except there are clearly some evos to older mons in gen V that they now just made standalone mons, which is far lamer. Like Alomomola and Emolga.

Well, there always been an Pikachu clone in most Pokemon games. So GF was just following that trend.

Gen I-Pikachu
Gen II-Marill; Pichu
Gen III-Minun, Plusle
Gen-iV Pachirusu
Gen V-Emolga

Alomomola is a sunfish pokemon; but marine pokes are just so similar honestly.

ash_ag

Too bad they couldn't have all been as good as Marill.

I feel like Marill / Azumarill is kind of a Gen II counterpart to Riolu / Lucario and Zorua / Zoroark (and Pikachu / Raichu too, I suppose). A Pokémon given special focus in spite of not being (exactly) a starter. Too bad there's no Gen III counterpart to that. :(

Top Bottom