• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Refugio

That would be pretty cool. Didn't Conquest not sell very well, though? I hope that doesn't stop them from making a sequel.

If I recall correctly it did around 300k in Japan, which is around what most spinoffs do nowadays. Don't remember what it did in the west but probably something similar to other spinoffs i'd assume.

It cracked the NPD charts despite supply constraints, I believe. I'd say it did fairly well.

That aside, should we be expecting anything from Smash? We are supposed to be getting info weekly.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It cracked the NPD charts despite supply constraints, I believe. I'd say it did fairly well.

That aside, should we be expecting anything from Smash? We are supposed to be getting info weekly.

You meant Dojo? We don't know anything about Dojo yet, but we are getting Smash Announcement on E3ND

Keyouta

I'm hoping that Gamefreak makes good use of the bottom screen in XY. It's weird that instead of building on previous ideas, they've made a new use for the screen each time. On /vp/, someone suggested something like this:

XrfFOss.png

I like it because it gives you as quick view of all your pokemon and held items, any quick access items you've pinned on the screen, etc. I'd probably make the item boxes larger and then change the options bar to Menu if it was up to me. I find it very useful compared to say, the C-Gear, which I didn't use 95% of the time.

What are you guys hoping for the bottom screen?

Macka

This is almost exactly what I'd want. I hated that they replace the Poketch; it was the best use of the touchscreen we've ever had. Add the key-item buttons, a C-Gear app and you're done. I don't even think you need a full party preview ALL the time; just have it as an app in the Poketch like in DPP.

backlot

I really liked the full party view app. I wouldn't mind seeing it all the time. Or a permanent coin flip app. Anything is better than C-Gear.

Macka

No, the HG/SS touch screen is far superior.
Strongly disagree. There honestly wasn't much in the way of useful features. The toggle-to-run option was great, but once I had that selected it was never turned off again. Mapping key items to the touchscreen was admittedly handy, but pressing Y to bring out the bike was much faster so you really only get one extra slot.

I could concede that it was better for the main game, but the Poketch was amazing for postgame D/P/P. So many useful apps, especially for breeding/EV training.

entremet

Blegh, I just wish there was more to do. I've already beaten the Elite Four again on Challenge mode. My pokemon aren't even in the high 70's. Iunno, just wanted more to do. I hope they add a lot of Post-Game stuff in X/Y and hopefully rebattling trainers again.

On top of the stuff the previous poster mentioned:

Get Hidden Ability Eevee for Amanita in Castlellia City
Catch Legendaries--Swords of Justice, Kami Trio, Black Kyurem, Sinnoh Legendaries and Golems
Get Shiny Haxorus
Get Shiny Gible by beating Black Tower
Get N's Pokemon
Entralink Missions
Pokestar Studios
Go for the Unova Dex for the Oval Charm; National Dex for the Shiny Charm

Aggrotek

On top of the stuff the previous poster mentioned:

Get Hidden Ability Eevee for Amanita in Castlellia City
Catch Legendaries--Swords of Justice, Kami Trio, Black Kyurem, Sinnoh Legendaries and Golems
Get Shiny Haxorus
Get Shiny Gible by beating Black Tower
Get N's Pokemon
Entralink Missions
Pokestar Studios
Go for the Unova Dex for the Oval Charm; National Dex for the Shiny Charm

Hidden ability Eevee?! I need to go get that.

20130526024222.png

Real or fake?

From October 2013, a completely reborn Pokemon anime series will be broadcast.

Older Pokemon like Pikachu, as well as a new evil team, new Gym Leaders, and a new rival will appear.

This new heroine is 10 years old. She will travel with a new protagonist who replaces Ash.

The new show will feature new music:

Opening theme: B'z

Closing Theme: Yuria

TV Tokyo Animation
Pocket Monster XXX (triple X) (Temp.)
Broadcast Thursdays, 7:00PM.

Top Bottom