• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Aipom and its evolution need more love. Everyone forgets about him. Primeape was a terrible looking monkey anyway, he was more like an angry cottonball.

The worst part is they made Ash trade away Ambipom to Dawn likely because they didn't want him to have two monkeys on his team at the same time :(

And then Dawn had the utter nerve to ditch it soon after.

MikeMyers

Monkey Kings are way better than Pigma.

5E1I5.jpg

Stage On

Sorry, he's a drooling idiot. Take the Roxie gym battle for example. Gold should have succeeded him as the anime main.

That entire fight was simply to promote the release of Black and white 2 in Japan so they made Roxie more hax then usual.

Plus it was lop sided so they had an excuse to show off Ash's entire team since several of them really needed the screen time.

Considering how he ultimately kicked her butt by doing stuff like tying up Garbodor's hands to slow it down he wasn't exactly drooling his way through that battle.

Emitan

Ash has been traveling for like 15 years and still doesn't understand type advantages. I bet his friends have to dress him every morning.

Stage On

Ash has been traveling for like 15 years and still doesn't understand type advantages. I bet his friends have to dress him every morning.

Wrong. He understands type advantage just fine and often uses it especially when he knows it's his best shot.

But he also simple likes to challenge himself to tougher battles at times since he feels it's good for his training or sometimes to prove types aren't everything so he will deliberately put himself at a disadvantage.

It's part of his strategy as it often leads to his foes underestimating him.

Emitan

Wrong. He understands type advantage just fine and often uses it especially when he knows it's his best shot.

But he also he simple likes to challenge himself to tougher battles at times since he feels it's good for his training or something to prove so sometimes he will deliberately put himself at a disadvantage.

#ashdefenseforce

But he also simple likes to challenge himself to tougher battles at times since he feels it's good for his training or sometimes to prove types aren't everything so he will deliberately put himself at a disadvantage.

Proof!

Stage On

#ashdefenseforce

Darn straight. He's not an advanced trainer for nothing. He was a total bad ass in hoenn and Sinnoh.

He was having trouble in Unova at first since he was getting a bit over excited and he didn't know anything about the Pokemon he was facing off against.

But episodes like Here Comes the Trubbish Squad! show he still has his mature side, he just shows it a little less with out Brock around.

Emitan

Darn straight. He's not an advanced trainer for nothing. He was a total bad ass in hoenn and Sinnoh.

He was having trouble in Unova at first since he was getting a bit over excited and he didn't know anything about the Pokemon he was facing off against.

But episodes like Here Comes the Trubbish Squad! show he still has his mature side, he just shows it a little less with out Brock around.

You mean like every new region?

Stage On

You mean like every new region?

Ash doesn't have anyone to show the ropes to in Unova and he lost his older brother figure.

Honestly I think Dent and Iris have been a bad influence on him. At least Brock was only silly when it came to older girls. Dent is eccentric as heck so Ash doesn't have to try as hard around him.

And Iris for all of her wining about Ash being a child is like the pot calling the kettle black.

At least with May and Dawn he could learn something from their contests even as he was teaching them stuff from his battles.

Stage On

I love you, Stage On.

I love you very much.

um Yay! You're pretty darn cool yourself Exterminieren

No one to show him the ropes? IT'S HIS FIFTH TIME DOING THIS. Every other trainer has NO ONE. Ash is an idiot.

No I said for him to show the ropes to, not for someone to show the ropes to him.

Ash mentored May and to a lessor extent Dawn on the basics of Pokemon training. He has no one to teach in Unova

Kokonoe

Banned
Ash is mediocre for a specific reason, it lets them create a bazillion episodes of one recognizable character. I'm certain the writers of the show are aware, but they write as if "they don't give a care", similar to a cartoon. It's better for marketing.

Stage On

Ash is mediocre for a specific reason, it lets them create a bazillion episodes of one recognizable character. I'm certain the writers of the show are aware, but they write as if "they don't give a care", similar to a cartoon. It's better for marketing.

Yes, it's the reason he can go from beating Elite level trainers one episode to losing to a complete noob the next.

Kokonoe

Banned
I guess a Shyamalan twist like that would be a little odd. I don't really have an opinion about either or, but I do wonder sometimes what the ending to the show would be like.

Stage On

How would you guys feel if one day there was a Pokemon finale, and that finale had Pikachu evolve into Raichu?

Pft, Ash would flat out kiss a girl on the lips on screen before that would ever happen.

we need a new main character every gen like special

JUST MAKE POKEMON SPECIAL: THE ANIME

New character every gen? Not until Ash at least wins one Pokemon league at the bare minimum. If we at least got that level of closure I could except it.

And yes, They really should do a spin off anime on Pokemon Special.

Top Bottom