• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Why haven't I known about this?
Yah, a guy in Game Freak's apartment in Celadon gives it to you, after you beat every gym. It totally rocks - it replaces almost every track in the game with the GSC version, albeit subtly freshened up, and even most of the new ones get 'demade' as well.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yeah, why HAVEN'T you known about that?
Well, I think it's because of two reasons.

1. I avoided all information about the game before it came out.
2. I lost the game one month after I got it and just recently repurchased it a few days ago. Working on my playthrough again right now.

Not alone, then.
Yah, a guy in Game Freak's apartment in Celadon gives it to you, after you beat every gym. It totally rocks - it replaces almost every track in the game with the GSC version, albeit subtly freshened up, and even most of the new ones get 'demade' as well.
.....Thanks, and i'm definitely going to work on this now!

Likely because you only get it so late in the post game that it's virtually worthless :(

It's virtually in my soul pounding with tremendous 8bit passion.

I LOVE REGIGIGAS WHO IS WITH ME

tumblr_mamtuqktbY1qcxn3eo1_500.jpg

backlot

I just realized Regigigas would be killer in twos. Hit him with Coffagarius then proceed to destroy.

Accept that in the turn that he attacks Cofagrigus he would probably get attacked by both of his opponents Pokemon. Good luck surviving that.

I just realized Regigigas would be killer in twos. Hit him with Coffagarius then proceed to destroy.
Accept that in the turn that he attacks Cofagrigus he would probably get attacked by both of his opponents Pokemon. Good luck surviving that.

Answer to the survival problem...

• Double Battle
  • Team of Regigigas and Shedinja
  • Give Shedinja Choice Scarf and Max EV Speed
  • Use Skill Swap on Regigigas
  • Regigigas' Slow Start ability goes to Shedinja and he gains WONDER GUARD
  • RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR

You could just hit him with Simple Beam instead.
He's got enough bulk to survive a STAB Close Combat if he's holding the fighting berry. He's not going to be too worried about dying on the first turn.
Answer to the survival problem...

• Double Battle
  • Team of Regigigas and Shedinja
  • Give Shedinja Choice Scarf and Max EV Speed
  • Regigigas' Slow Start ability goes to Shedinja and he gains WONDER GUARD

Or you could use this. :lol

Wonder Guard CANNOT be skill swapped.

It can be Traced though.

Fine then, I still have the answer...

• Double Battle
  • Team of Regigigas and Drifblim
  • Give Drifblim Choice Scarf and Max EV Speed
  • Regigigas' Slow Start ability goes to Drifblim and he gains Unburden
  • Have Regigigas Fling an Iron Ball
  • Regigigas now has double his un-Slow Started speed.

I've always loved Regigigas, especially since it's reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus, my all-time favourite game. I have another idea for a strategy with it:

• Send it out with Pure Power Medicham
  • Have Medicham use Skill Swap on it
  • RIP AND TEAR

I've always loved Regigigas, especially since it's reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus, my all-time favourite game. I have another idea for a strategy with it:

• Send it out with Pure Power Medicham
  • Have Medicham use Skill Swap on it
  • RIP AND TEAR

I legitimately think I'll be doing this for my double battles in the Battle Frontier.

I think you guys have forgotten which Pokémon can learn Skill Swap. Drifblim yes, Medicham no.

Gastro Acid and Worry Seed are other options for doubles battle Regigigas too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Too bad Regi doesn't learn any boosting moves or you could simple beam it.

Simple Beam unfortunately can't help Slaking though.

I just purchased and proceeded to open an entire sealed, 1st Edition Jungle Booster box. All 36 packs. It was basically my childhood dream come to life.

Totally worth it, in case you were wondering.

Hey Poke-GAF, I got a question for you. I was finally getting around to picking up Keldeo from the Delivery Man in my copies of Black and White and in White I got a Mild nature Keldeo which is one of the acceptable natures for it to have. Naturally, I was trying to get a Rash nature Keldeo in Black to have both Keldeo's perfect natures, but I got another Mild Keldeo. Should I just keep this one? Or should I keep on trying? I'm not gonna battle with it, but I do like for my event Pokemon to have good natures.

I think the world can never get enough of fun image-splicing. Same thing goes with Pokemon.

For some reason I always dream that I'm a Haxorus these days.

Top Bottom