• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

PK Gaming

I LOVE REGIGIGAS WHO IS WITH ME

tumblr_mamtuqktbY1qcxn3eo1_500.jpg

my brother's favorite Pokemon is a Regigigas.

in DPP he encountered a shiny Regigigas on his 5th attempt (he was soft resetting for natures).

it was unbelievable

backlot

Don't you have a higher chance of getting the nature you want if the 1st Pokemon in your lineup has that nature?

Only if the first Pokemon in your lineup also has the ability Synchronize. And even then that only works for wild Pokemon. It won't work for Mystery Gift Pokemon.

Kokonoe

Banned
HGSS Battle Frontier team suggestions? I know I'm using my Regigigas but I want to choose two other Pokemon to compliment him. Any ideas?

Stage On

HGSS Battle Frontier team suggestions? I know I'm using my Regigigas but I want to choose two other Pokemon to compliment him. Any ideas?

You're going to want a Psychic type to cover for Regigias since his biggest vulnerability is to fighting types.

My recommendation would be a Metagross

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've always loved Regigigas, especially since it's reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus, my all-time favourite game. I have another idea for a strategy with it:

• Send it out with Pure Power Medicham
  • Have Medicham use Skill Swap on it
  • RIP AND TEAR

I need to get a Regigigas for future GAF tournaments...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Everything in that pic makes total sense except for Hulk!Usaring and Fury!Scraggy.

Primeape, Machamp, or hell even Infernape makes more sense as Hulk.

Everything in that pic makes total sense except for Hulk!Usaring and Fury!Scraggy.

Primeape, Machamp, or hell even Infernape makes more sense as Hulk.

Shiny Ursaring is green. Dunno about Scrafty. Also, Hawkeye shoulda been Staraptor. It makes more sense than Swellow.

Not much Justice League because most people don't care about the JL.

It just dawned on me...has there ever been a Pokemon based off a dolphin? I was wracking my head but I can't think of one to be honest. If not...I'll invent one!

Not much Justice League because most people don't care about the JL.

It just dawned on me...has there ever been a Pokemon based off a dolphin? I was wracking my head but I can't think of one to be honest. If not...I'll invent one!

Nope. I've been saying forever that there needs to be a dolphin Pokemon. Maybe next gen. :<

Andrefpvs

PSA:

Before moving Gen IV Pokémon to Gen V games, don't forget to make capital letters lowercase (except the first) from fully-evolved Pokémon names by nicknaming them. Otherwise you'll end up with CHATOT fighting Patrat.

Or don't, I just like these things to be somewhat congruent :) Has anyone else done this as well?

MikeMyers

PSA:

Before moving Gen IV Pokémon to Gen V games, don't forget to make capital letters lowercase (except the first) from fully-evolved Pokémon names by nicknaming them. Otherwise you'll end up with CHATOT fighting Patrat.

Or don't, I just like these things to be somewhat congruent :) Has anyone else done this as well?

I always go lower case, even in the older games.

Just found Steven Stone's Latias, caught it with a Master Ball and WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, IT'S TIMID!! :O

Excuse me while this becomes of one my most prized Pokemon ever.

PSA:

I moved ~500 Pokémon from IV to V, and ~350 of those were from III. Not only was I too lazy to nickname them, most of them already had different IDs if I had wanted to.

backlot

PSA:

I only changed the nicknames of my competitive Pokemon. None of those other Pokemon are ever gonna see the light of day again anyway.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like the all caps.

Another thing I like doing is renaming pokemon to other pokemon's name, only changing around one letter because actually doing that is against most tournament rules from back in the GB days.

Can someone do me a huge solid? I need a Dream World Cross-Chop Croagunk and a Rock Head Head Smash Aron, but I can't seem to get ahold of them. Would someone mind trading me one of each? I can offer event legendaries in return!

Can someone do me a huge solid? I need a Dream World Cross-Chop Croagunk and a Rock Head Head Smash Aron, but I can't seem to get ahold of them. Would someone mind trading me one of each? I can offer event legendaries in return!

If you give me a little time I can breed both. I don't think they have to be from the Dream World looking at Bulbapedia. I already have a Machamp with Cross Chop to breed to Croagunk, and I can level up Cranidos for breeding Head Smash onto Aron.

This way I can have those Pokémon too!

Unless you want Croagunk with its DW ability...

If you give me a little time I can breed both. I don't think they have to be from the Dream World looking at Bulbapedia. I already have a Machamp with Cross Chop to breed to Croagunk, and I can level up Cranidos for breeding Head Smash onto Aron.

This way I can have those Pokémon too!

Unless you want Croagunk with its DW ability...

I would absolutely love it if Croagunk had its DW ability (considering its other two aren't that great), but if you can't then it's no big deal at all.

Thank you so much, Ike!
arcanine_point_commisison_by_x_squishystar_x-d3a1ixp.gif

I would absolutely love it if Croagunk had its DW ability (considering its other two aren't that great), but if you can't then it's no big deal at all.

Thank you so much, Ike!
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/052/f/1/arcanine_point_commisison_by_x_squishystar_x-d3a1ixp.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Okay! I wish I had a DW Croagunk, but I don't think I could find one anytime soon. Any preference between Anticipation or Dry Skin? I'll do my best with the rest of it!

Top Bottom