• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Latin American dub > English dub, just because of James.
Boney said:
pokemon generacion 3 es asqueroso, malisima, una abherración. No se como a alguien le pueden gustar, mas, gustarle más que otros pokemon.

no manches
Concuerdo con Boney. La tercera generación fue la peor. Por culpa de ella nunca jugué la cuarta.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
http://i.imgur.com/AHCec.png[IMG]

I don't actually think they look that bad. I wouldn't go back though. Not now.[/QUOTE]

These are green right?

I appreciate the old sprites because of their kitschy nature, but the style is too weird to return too. Even Game Freak realized this when they released Blue and almost all the sprites were touched up or replaced.

Andrex said:
These are green right?

I appreciate the old sprites because of their kitschy nature, but the style is too weird to return too. Even Game Freak realized this when they released Blue and almost all the sprites were touched up or replaced.
Yeah. Here's Blue.

iUVmJ.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
Yeah. Here's Blue.

http://i.imgur.com/iUVmJ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Much better.

I never did like the eyes on the first form starters though. Charmander looks evil, Squirtle looks derp, and Venusaur looks like... he's trying too hard?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol'ing at Golem in Green/Blue. Kawaii desu~

Ponyta looks like a prototype Leafeon.

Edit- Yellow sprites are pretty great! Amazing what they did with equivalent hardware, looks much better.

MarkusRJR

I'm onto episode 10 of Pokemon Best Wishes. Why the fuck has Ash become such an incompetent trainer? Seriously. His super high level Pikachu (it should be like level 100) loses to a level 5 Snivy in the first episode. Then he continues to use Pokemon with a type disadvantage throughout the rest of the episodes so far. All the while he remains annoyingly overconfident.

In the first episode it says he's still 10 years old too. How the fuck has he travelled to 4 regions of the Pokemon world in less than a year? He should be about 15 or 16. This show makes no sense. :/

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yaceka said:
I'm onto episode 10 of Pokemon Best Wishes. Why the fuck has Ash become such an incompetent trainer? Seriously. His super high level Pikachu (it should be like level 100) loses to a level 5 Snivy in the first episode. Then he continues to use Pokemon with a type disadvantage throughout the rest of the episodes so far. All the while he remains annoyingly overconfident.

In the first episode it says he's still 10 years old too. How the fuck has he travelled to 4 regions of the Pokemon world in less than a year? He should be about 15 or 16. This show makes no sense. :/
Sorry to break this out to you, but Pikachu gets euthanised at the end of every season and is replaced with a new one off-screen.

udivision

Yaceka said:

He's only changed his clothes about 4 times. For all we know, this show has taken place in a week.

Yaceka said:

That's why all the sensible people stopped watching years ago and started reading Pokemon Adventures instead.

MarkusRJR

udivision said:
He's only changed his clothes about 4 times. For all we know, this show has taken place in a week.
I7vYG.png

Ash must be some sort of inter-dimensional being with time control. That, or he's a vampire and is forever 10.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yaceka said:

Levels don't really exist in the show. I think I've seen some Pokemon evolve twice in a row, you ever see that happen in the games?

As for Pikachu v. Snivy, Pikachu had been affected by Zekrom and couldn't use electric attacks.

Ash using type disadvantaged Pokemon is annoying but also keeps the battles fun to watch. Compare this to the early show, where Ash would try to use Pokemon with a type advantage and still lose.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
udivision said:

I sort of want to go through the whole thing and count how many times it shows them going to sleep at night, because I'm pretty sure it's greater than 365 by now.

But then I remember I have a life. Well, too much of one to do that. :p

MarkusRJR

Andrex said:
I sort of want to go through the whole thing and count how many times it shows them going to sleep at night, because I'm pretty sure it's greater than 365 by now.

But then I remember I have a life. Well, too much of one to do that. :p
We're in the Pokemon Community Thread... therefore none of us have a life. ;)

Kidding (maybe)

Anth0ny

It would be so awesome if, someday, Nintendo releases a new Pokemon game that has old school graphics. It would be a 3DS-ware game, of course, re-using assets from Gen 1 or 2. Megaman 9 for Pokemon.

Pure nostalgia bro.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For whatever reason I just went through every Pokemon and picked out the ones I like. If you care to know what I don't like until it's evolved, and what I'd rather not evolve, and my odd picks, here you go:

Charizard Blastoise* Pikachu** Ninetales Jigglypuff Dugtrio* Meowth** Psyduck* Golduck** Golem** Rapidash Farfetch'd** Haunter* Marowak Lickitung* Chansey Scyther Snorlax** Mew

Ariados Crobat Togetic Xatu* Bellossom** Sudowoodo Politoed Yanma Quagsire Umbreon* Wobbuffet Scizor Heracross** Sneasel Mantine Lugia

Sceptile Torchic* Combusken Mudkip** Marshtomp Beautifly* Ludicolo Wingull* Masquerain Breloom Slaking** Ninjask* Makuhita Hariyama* Lairon Aggron Plusle Minun Roselia Sharpedo Wailord** Torkoal* Altaria Crawdaunt* Anorith Armaldo Milotic Banette Tropius Chimecho* Regirock* Kyogre** Groudon Rayquaza Jirachi*

Torterra* Piplup* Empoleon* Starly Staravia Kricketune Luxio* Bastiodon Mothim** Gastrodon Honchkrow* Bronzong* Gible Hippowdon Finneon Lumineon Magnezone Electivire Togekiss** Yanmega Regigigas Shaymin(L)

Serperior Emboar Oshawott* Dewott Samurott Herdier Seismitoad Swadloon Leavanny Cottonee Petilil Lilligant* Dwebble Crustle* Cofagrigus* Carracosta Solosis Duosion Reuniclus* Ducklett Sawsbuck* Emolga* Frillish Jellicent(M) Ferrothorn Eelektross* Lampent Chandelure Cryogonal Golett* Golurk** Bouffalant Zweilous Larvesta Volcarona** Zekrom*

*favs
**super favs

Dice

Anth0ny said:
It would be so awesome if, someday, Nintendo releases a new Pokemon game that has old school graphics.
I thought they did that every Pokemon game.

Dice said:
For whatever reason I just went through every Pokemon and picked out the ones I like. If you care to know what I don't like until it's evolved, and what I'd rather not evolve, and my odd picks, here you go:

Charizard Ninetales Rapidash
But no Arcanine? GTFO.

XNC2Q.gif

Dice

UltimateIke said:
But no Arcanine? GTFO.
That put the spotlight on an issue I had. I loved how Rapidash could often attack first, but I liked Ninetales more overall for being kind of majestic. The indecision about which I liked more caused me to not give a star to either of them.

If some of Arcanine's fur was real fire it would be cooler.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anth0ny said:
It would be so awesome if, someday, Nintendo releases a new Pokemon game that has old school graphics. It would be a 3DS-ware game, of course, re-using assets from Gen 1 or 2. Megaman 9 for Pokemon.

Pure nostalgia bro.

Would be amazing, but only if it's GSC's true color graphics, none of the pallet tinting...

Actually it should use the RB engine, with online. Psychic type party!!

Dice said:
I thought they did that every Pokemon game.

Get out.

Top Bottom